Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

Source Dictionary.com

judicial inquiry by a group of persons appointed by a court. The most common type is the inquest set up to investigate a death apparently occasioned by unnatural means.

Witnesses are examined, and a special jury returns a verdict on the cause of death. In England inquests are also required when there is loss or injury in a fire.

The inquest is confined to common-law jurisdictions that have a coroner system

I guess I was wrong and ThailandChili had his head screwed on correct. My apologies ThailandChili.

What has this got to do with an investigation/inquest into her death?

It isn't a judicial enquiry, her death was not unnatural and there are no witnesses to examine plus there wasn't a fire involved.

It also didn't happen in the UK. Other than that I suppose one is possible!!clap2.gif.

Yes very possible clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The UK will still have an inquest, drug overdose if it happens to be that is not natural cause. Here's another so called RTP wrapped and polished death of suicide in Bangkok followed by the inquest in the UK. Nothing suspicious declared by the RTP investigation into this case either http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-28807790

• Like 1

"It may mislead foreign tourists who have never been to Koh Tao to think that Koh Tao is full of mafia who like to kill or exploit foreign tourists,"

Well, this is not misleading. This is the truth leaking out, despite the dark forces on the island trying to keep it covered up.

No need for the British or any other Media to make your Island unpopular Mr. Mayor !! What you read on social media is completely spot on and thats due to ACTUAL INCIDENS or have you been sleeping the past 3 months ?

No one is to blame except you and the people responsible for these murders... so grow up and do you damn work.

The British media should know that reporting the truth in or about Thailand is unfair on Thai's.

When will the Western media learn?

My family with a now 15 year old daughter have been to Koh Tao for roughly a ten day stay for the past 5 years.

We like Koh Tao - great diving, beautiful on land and under the sea.

Looks like the Thai people are vastly outnumbered by the farang tourists - and the Burmese.

The first murder was sad but still we went, then there was the murder of the two English tourists last year - AND - the disgraceful attempts by the Police to find a couple of victims to put on trial.

Then the murder of the Frenchman - mafia style.

Then the very sad death of the latest tourist.

Last night my wife told me she was not very happy about returning to Koh Tao.

We don't booze or do drugs - but have happily watched literally thousands of drunk or drugged young people "enjoying" themselves.

We don't go to the "Beach Parties".

Just diving, swimming, exploring, relaxing, eating and all for great prices.

BUT - we have a very pretty just teenage daughter......

No final decision yet....but the girls are talking about just a day trip to Nang Yuan from Samui - each day.

To suggest that there is no organised crime on Koh Tao is to ridiculously suggest that Phuket is not "family" led - or Pattaya. Of course they are, but they know very well that excesses are not tolerated, killing tourists must be off the menu.

Confidence must be restored to the Police.

Probably the Army will turn out to be the most positive agency for changing the abnormal behaviour of the Police to a more traditional and thus honest Force which seeks and strives to Protect the public and the tourists - than exploit and harm them.

• Like 1

Some of the British people I have observed in Thailand show scant regard for it's people or it's culture

They treat it like a boozy night out, imagining they're still in some British town or city drinking far too much and plaguing the community

Most of the problems encountered by foreigners are self inflicted

Stay sober, dress modestly, avoid arguments, and respect the host people and the country and one can lead a very happy life in this beautiful Kingdom

Another clown blaming the victims, the island is largely promoted as a diving/party island. Young people get drunk and take drugs that's life, it doesn't mean they should be raped and murdered.

Some things just can't be apologised for yet plenty still try, unbelievable.

• Like 1

Mr Mayor - there would be no need for "Negative Reporting" on Koh Tao - if it had not been for the horrific events which Koh Tao produced.

Not just the very high level of murders for such a tiny island - but also for the way the "Investigations" were mishandled.

• Like 1

Source Dictionary.com

judicial inquiry by a group of persons appointed by a court. The most common type is the inquest set up to investigate a death apparently occasioned by unnatural means.

Witnesses are examined, and a special jury returns a verdict on the cause of death. In England inquests are also required when there is loss or injury in a fire.

I guess I was wrong and ThailandChili had his head screwed on correct. My apologies ThailandChili.

It isn't a judicial enquiry, her death was not unnatural and there are no witnesses to examine plus there wasn't a fire involved.

It also didn't happen in the UK. Other than that I suppose one is possible!!clap2.gif.

hello Mr Mayor.....any unexpected death at such a young age is considered unnatural, and as such, there should be inquest into her death.......

Scope of inquest[edit]

The purpose of the inquest is to answer four questions:[7][8][9]

• Identity of the deceased
  • Place of death
  • Time of death
  • How the deceased came by his/her death

Evidence must be solely for the purpose of answering these questions and no other evidence is admitted.[8] It is not for the inquest to ascertain "how the deceased died" or "in what broad circumstances", but "how the deceased came by his death", a more limited question.[8] Moreover, it is not the purpose of the inquest to determine, or appear to determine, criminal or civil liability, to apportion guilt or attribute blame.[

Her death is not suspicious and nobody else was involved and the autopsy should reveal the cause - no need for an inquest then!!

No need for the British or any other Media to make your Island unpopular Mr. Mayor !! What you read on social media is completely spot on and thats due to ACTUAL INCIDENS or have you been sleeping the past 3 months ?

No one is to blame except you and the people responsible for these murders... so grow up and do you damn work.

She wasn't murdered.

where there is smoke there is fire

I for one will never go to this island

why would I put my life in danger to patronise and give my money to the (media view) thugs that run all the tourist related businesses

and yes I have been tainted by the media and the publicity

but too much has happened in this place for it all to be the fault of the media

and if some touists are acting in unacceptable fashion,,,tell them it will not be accepted, but clean up your own act first

but I assume they accept bad behavior due to the money they make from these people,,,once again greed prevails

• Like 1

She wasn't murdered.

Source. Evidence. Please.

Source Dictionary.com

hello Mr Mayor.....any unexpected death at such a young age is considered unnatural, and as such, there should be inquest into her death.......

Scope of inquest[edit]

• Place of death
  • Time of death

Evidence must be solely for the purpose of answering these questions and no other evidence is admitted.[8] It is not for the inquest to ascertain "how the deceased died" or "in what broad circumstances", but "how the deceased came by his death", a more limited question.[8] Moreover, it is not the purpose of the inquest to determine, or appear to determine, criminal or civil liability, to apportion guilt or attribute blame.[

Her death is not suspicious and nobody else was involved and the autopsy should reveal the cause - no need for an inquest then!!

Guess you didn't read the real life case reported in the BBC link I gave you, where it calls for witness's and Thai police reports to make a judgement. It will also highlight any lack of appropriate RTP investigation if that happens to be a fact. Yes its purpose is as correctly quoted but also to ensure the results of the autopsy corresponds to the actual events leading to the death. If they have any doubt (as I have presently) then an 'open verdict' will be given. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-28807790

But you've obviously got a mission to try and bury this as per your prediction of no investigation, no inquest and case closed, despite the autopsy not being completed yet so I'll now let you carry on with that mission and your prediction.

Edited by thailandchilli

Shortly after paying bribe money they asked her for her number in Thai and she told me far away. As being a former boxer I would not accept this behaviour. These police are to serve the public but in fact serve themselves. My country they be warned or dismissed

Your GF was right to tell you far away. However corrupt and out of order they may be, don't, whatever you do whack one or two. They are capable of inflicting some very serious harm on you, maybe fatal. And none of their colleagues will give a shit about a farang or the truth of the matter.

Your GF probably wise enough to deal with these annoying slime balls.

Stay cool!

is the Koh Tao mayor the Mafioso <deleted> telling us that two young burmese boys, height 1.60m, 21-23 years of age, who committed the crime recently? or is he the guy getting lump sums for local Pu Yai and mafioso alike to cover up all murders scenes and weird suicides...? Check his bank accounts! Follow the trail.

Angered???...Gee I wonder why?...Time to wake up Mr Mayor and stop your crying

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

Haha, this guy probably has something to do with Koh Toh.

He said "the murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes" I would think that you saying murdered instead of passed away is "weird" to say the least.

''This is really what some foreign tourists think. I've seen them talking on social media."

This is really what some foreigners think. I've seen them talking on THAIVISA. tongue.png

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 1

Scope of inquest[edit]

• Place of death
  • Time of death

Good of you to actually find some useful information on the net, but I think you have overlooked or maybe even misunderstood the last point in the scope of inquest (and a few other things).

To be able to conclude how someone deceased, doesn't it require an autopsy, especially if there aren't any visible signs of injuries?

I assume the Thai autopsy would be compared and scrutinised, and now I will make a WILD assumption, AFTER the UK autopsy so the coroner won't make prejudged findings based from the Thai autopsy.

AND I have never said anything about determination of criminal or civil liability, NOT ONCE.

Again, the investigation of her death has nothing to do with suspicious death or NOT, you wrote it/pasted it yourself, "The purpose of the inquest is to answer four questions".

Source Dictionary.com

Please, don't mistake UK laws or European laws with Thai laws, there most certainly will be an inquire when her body arrives to the UK.

She is a citizen of UK, she died an UNNATURAL death, actually I don't quite get it, why do you want to convince people that a 23 year old dies a natural death of old age or from a long lasted well documented illness.

Whether there are witnesses or not, the coroner will make an autopsy to try to find the reason for her death.

I doubt very much they will rely on a Thai autopsy where her body have been left to decay for more than 5 days in the Thai heat.

Now, please don't presume you know anything of UK regulations and laws unless you have a good knowledge of such.

I won't presume I have it either but I'm pretty good at finding information on the internet as I have access to data from various sources around the world, not only Google and wikipedia..

There will NOT be an inquiry in the UK - guaranteed.

The autopsy carried out in Thailand will be sufficient in this case.

Someone doesn't have to be old to die of natural causes - babies that die of cot death aren't exactly old are they!!

If you have access from data on the internet then why don't you try using it properly.

Some of the British people I have observed in Thailand show scant regard for it's people or it's culture

They treat it like a boozy night out, imagining they're still in some British town or city drinking far too much and plaguing the community

Most of the problems encountered by foreigners are self inflicted

Stay sober, dress modestly, avoid arguments, and respect the host people and the country and one can lead a very happy life in this beautiful Kingdom

Nice bigoted post. All the nationals have a fair share of tools.

Don't single Brits out.

ST by chance?

• Like 1

Scope of inquest[edit]

• Place of death
  • Time of death

Good of you to actually find some useful information on the net, but I think you have overlooked or maybe even misunderstood the last point in the scope of inquest (and a few other things).

To be able to conclude how someone deceased, doesn't it require an autopsy, especially if there aren't any visible signs of injuries?

I assume the Thai autopsy would be compared and scrutinised, and now I will make a WILD assumption, AFTER the UK autopsy so the coroner won't make prejudged findings based from the Thai autopsy.

AND I have never said anything about determination of criminal or civil liability, NOT ONCE.

Again, the investigation of her death has nothing to do with suspicious death or NOT, you wrote it/pasted it yourself, "The purpose of the inquest is to answer four questions".

There will be only 1 autopsy carried out and that will be in Thailand. She will be repatriated to the UK to be buried/cremated by her family.

Yes, the purpose of an inquest is to establish 4 things - but THERE WON'T be an inquest, will there so this is irrelevant!!!

Soon a documentry is gonna be on Uk/European TV..it will highlight all the flaws/misdemeanors etc linked to the untimely deaths of tourists over the last few months on KT..& the report will revel in the evidence..or lack of it, + the incompetance of the local MiB, & will no doubt hint of a connection between the local mafia & powers-that-be on this island..& guess what?..this very same mayor may turn out to be on that list the TV producers have compiled.

Is that so?

Wouldn't surprise me, there are people making money out of this media frenzy, directly and indirectly.

What did you expect numbnuts? The UK media to give you an 'The Best Island in the World' award? How about 'Safest Island Destination in the World'? Yeah, I'm sure you'd love those. Keep your head in the sand and stay on that island, in case stupidity is actually contagious.