Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

Hey -- good publicity, bad publicity ... whatever gets you on the first Google Search page and he didn't even have to pay an SEO consultant. Now everybody knows KT is where all the hot young girls like to go. 23 JAN 2015:

10646974_832545083458406_197099157308757

Did you check to see if these girls are still alive?

No -- but maybe they're next.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Nobody informed the family that she died of natural causes - they worked it out and decided themselves as it is so obvious to them what her cause of death was!!

BTW I never claimed anything, I just stated facts and her family's opinions.

If someone drowns after a boat capsizes they still have to do an autopsy on the body.

Are you for real? Really...

they worked it out and decided themselves

Do you know what natural causes are?

clap2.gif

Responses are 100% in disfavoring the mayor.

Hmmmmm, would he get the point?

ooops while I was typing one expressed support for the mafia.

Shows you, its not unanimous.

Who is supporting the Mafia?

You have newly joined TVF. Stick around and you will know the answer to your question

• Like 1

Even the governor of Surat Thani recently as expressed concerns over tourist safety on Khao Tao, (during the recent double Murder)

A quote

Meanwhile, sources close the governor of Surat Thani province told Khaosod that provincial authorities are considering sacking Thaweesak Inprom, the chief district officer overseeing Koh Tao island, for allegedly neglecting to protect tourists’ safety.

"Mr. Thaweesak has been reprimanded many times about the safety of tourists," the source claimed. "And ever since the murder on Koh Tao took place, he has not reported to his superiors at all."

Officials say they will now implement more measures to protect tourists on Koh Tao, such as additional lighting and CCTVs in "risky areas."

http://www.khaosoden...0853303=

Why should he be upset at the press freedom in the UK if SURAT THANI is in such a positive situation why does he not organise an international press conference and give his honest view with regards to the safety and care of foreign tourists on Koh Tao island and then the people in the UK can judge for themselves once they get both sides of the story because we all know there are two sides to each story and the truth is some ware in the middle, people in the UK are not brainwashed under normal circumstances and they will decide for themselves. He might even get a picture of himself on page 3 of the Sun if he is very convincing.

Nobody informed the family that she died of natural causes - they worked it out and decided themselves as it is so obvious to them what her cause of death was!!

If someone drowns after a boat capsizes they still have to do an autopsy on the body.

clap2.gif

Natural causes are something that is not deemed to be unnatural or suspicious in any way.

These are not my words by the way, they came from her parents in a statement THEY made, so if you want to mock anybody then mock them!!!

It's good to see the mayor angry. He screwed up months ago and now he's paying the price. I can't seem to upload to this forum some screen shots of chat to potential tourists, but I am glad to have done my part in persuading friends TO NOT VISIT KOH TAO OR KOH SAMUI Some are quite unaware of what happened in September, so I am all too glad to warn them of its dangers. I tell them to come and enjoy Thailand, but stay away from Koh Tao and Koh Samui. They listen. Believe me, they listen. They go to other islands or just stop in Bangkok before heading to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. I tell them to enjoy Thailand, but don't step foot on these places.

I'm glad to have done my part in keeping decent people from those crap-holes.

Edited by falangjim
  • Like 2

You have newly joined TVF. Stick around and you will know the answer to your question

You missed my point.

I think that it is safe to assume that it was me he was referring to as I posted at the same time as him and he went on to edit his post.

I am not supporting the Mafia as he implies, but I do not accept the insinuations that her death was Mafia related when it clearly isn't and people should not make the connection between the two.

clap2.gif

Natural causes are something that is not deemed to be unnatural or suspicious in any way.

These are not my words by the way, they came from her parents in a statement THEY made, so if you want to mock anybody then mock them!!!

Yes made via a facebook post before an autopsy, nobody is mocking them but I'm sure even she will want to wait for the inquest in the UK to be satisfied

clap2.gif

Would you consider an accidental drug overdose a natural cause?

• Like 1

So I take it, from the avalanche of people attacking the Mayor, that they are perfectly OK with the press resorting to rumor mongering then?

"Mayor Chaiyan Turasakul said he is angered by unspecified "British media agencies" who have suggested that the death of the tourist, Christina Annesley, is connected to an alleged "mafia" syndicate on Koh Tao island."

There is no indication whatsoever that the death of that woman was in any way connected with a mafia syndicate, none, zero.

Is it too much to ask of the press not to peddle sensationalist speculation

I do wonder if you are on Koh Tao sometimes.

Whilst wild speculation isn't needed, its the job of the press to raise questions surely. without the press holding people to account and asking questions this world would be in far worse state.

AleG... Your not daft ... You can see that surely. Sensationalism isn't needed but questions should always be asked M8.

post-69687-0-25998200-1422270082_thumb.j

Edited by loonodingle
  • Like 1

It's gunna be a funny as hell watching the fab 4 (plus another one who's just popped up) try and spin this their way wink.png

I assume that you are referring to me.

What do you mean by 'spin it my way'?

Are you saying that this is a Mafia conspiracy?

I prefer not to assume someone is referring to me, until my name is called.

clap2.gif

Would you consider an accidental drug overdose a natural cause?

No... Try this though

misadventure

n. a death due to unintentional accident without any violation of law or criminal negligence. Thus, there is no crime.

• Like 2

You missed my point.

I think that it is safe to assume that it was me he was referring to as I posted at the same time as him and he went on to edit his post.

I am not supporting the Mafia as he implies, but I do not accept the insinuations that her death was Mafia related when it clearly isn't and people should not make the connection between the two.

I think you're assumption is wrong and that Jimbolai was referring to a well known member of the Fab4 (this of a British actor that wears yellow and uses a slogan with the words respect and bro).

No!!, I don't - but her parents described it as this (not me). They clearly didn't need the results of an autopsy to determine this (even if their choice of words is not accurate) they have simply used common sense to come to this conclusion - something that an alarmingly high proportion of TV members seem to lack at times!! .

You missed my point.

I think you're assumption is wrong and that Jimbolai was referring to a well known member of the Fab4 (this of a British actor that wears yellow and uses a slogan with the words respect and bro).

A Clue

post-69687-0-77320500-1422270599_thumb.j

• Like 1

So you don't want negative reporting by a 'free' press ( you understand the term 'free press)

Then Get the criminal element on the island sorted out. Do you deny there is one?

Oh and by the way, the British press haven't even started yet. You'd better hope they really don't get the bit between their teeth and send a few 'holidaymaker' reporters over. They love situations like this , exposing corruption, blatant criminality etc. oh dear, you have NO idea what they could do to the reputation ( not that there is much left only bad ) of your island and the thugs that control it do you ( allegedly)' no idea at all.

And don't think for one minute that the UK press are the only people watching....the code within journalism is world wide.

Throwing epithets at them is quite amusing. Smacks of desperation I'm afraid.

Sort it out, that's all we all want, especially the families of those who have died in your 'paradise'

• Like 1

No!!, I don't - but her parents described it as this (not me). They clearly didn't need the results of an autopsy to determine this (even if their choice of words is not accurate) they have simply used common sense to come to this conclusion - something that an alarmingly high proportion of TV members seem to lack at times!! .

Do you think all parents have common sense in their statements when they lose a loved one? If so then we really do need to listen to these ones also

The parents of a British holidaymaker who died in suspicious circumstances in Thailand are convinced he was murdered – and the killing covered up to protect tourism.
Nick Pearson, 25, was on a family vacation to the island of Koh Tao when he was found dead on New Year’s Day. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135
Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

You missed my point.

"...that her death was Mafia related when it clearly isn't" blink.png

Clearly? You ascertained that from your own extensive investgation?

"...and people should not make the connection between the two."

Is that an order? (Based on your investigation?)

facepalm.gif

• Like 1