Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

z42, thanks for the link indeed interesting and thought provoking too.

Having read the article it is indeed an interesting turn of events regarding the latest known tourist death on Koh Tao.

It may well be worth considering the girl her political background and the level of that background. There is a possibility that her family are well connected politically thus a little more effort and a few more string may well be pulled to expose the whole truth about this tragic death.

Christina also went to the same University as David Miller, another coincidence?

• Like 2

can taking anti biotics kill you?

I don't know -- but apparently taking Tramadol can. From http://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

MISUSE OF NARCOTIC PAIN MEDICATION CAN CAUSE ADDICTION, OVERDOSE, OR DEATH, especially in a child or other person using the medicine without a prescription.

Do not crush the tramadol tablet. This medicine is for oral (by mouth) use only. Powder from a crushed tablet should not be inhaled or diluted with liquid and injected into the body. Using this medicine by inhalation or injection can cause life-threatening side effects, overdose, or death.

From Twitter: (17 JAN 2015) Am now lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol, so feeling a bit better.

Edited by JLCrab

I remember a few years ago the Pattaya Mayor instructed the news papers to only report a maximum of two deaths per week. Don't believe then email the news man Howard. The bald guy. In fact they have even killed some of the newspaper reporter/editor staff there. Perhaps everyone should keep this all in perspective. The body of British Citizens pile up on a weekly basis for many different reasons. In fact we repatriate more corpses from Thailand than almost any other country. Our Gov is fully aware. They do not give a Hoot!!! In fact by not insisting on transparency or protecting human rights abuses they are complicit in a cover up. It's all about trade and money. Nothing more nothing less. Hugo Swire champions trade he don't care about the collateral damage on the way. This is the story here. UK Gov joins in the conspiracy to fail to fully investigate with the RTP 100's of deaths. .. and it is 100's not just the odd blonde haired blue eyed woman. Many many Brits die. Hung. Jumped. And many other highly dubious ways to end their life.

Mr Mayor.

Open your eyes.

Expand your brain, if that's possible. Re-educate yourself.

Examine the facts.

please tell us some facts?

Typical reply from a resident KT apologist.

Likevise!!

Typical reply from someone who doesnt know nothing but still likes to shout from backround.

Mr Mayor.

Open your eyes.

Expand your brain, if that's possible. Re-educate yourself.

Examine the facts.

please tell us some facts?

Typical reply from a resident KT apologist.

Likevise!!

Typical reply from someone who doesnt know nothing but still likes to shout from backround.

some members have been on here for years. Others joined very recently in what appears like an attempt to disrupt threads. I know which catagary I fall into.

• Like 2

Not allowed to link to it but head to the Andrew Drummond website, he has just published an open letter to the Mayor of Koh Tao. British press starting to retaliate! The mayors bitten off more than he can chew here

Christina’s mother made her initial statement based on information supplied by the Thai authorities, notably island police. Now she is more circumspect. Why? Well I am guessing she has been told Thai police and authority figures such as you are do not have a record of telling the truth.

• Like 1

Not allowed to link to it but head to the Andrew Drummond website, he has just published an open letter to the Mayor of Koh Tao. British press starting to retaliate! The mayors bitten off more than he can chew here

Christina’s mother made her initial statement based on information supplied by the Thai authorities, notably island police. Now she is more circumspect. Why? Well I am guessing she has been told Thai police and authority figures such as you are do not have a record of telling the truth.

If u read her tweets she was mixing buckets with Tramadol and spiced with valium.but shure this somekind of master cover up 2.

Where ever u may be from..who comes tell you your relative has passed away ?

Milkman?local butcher maby?

In my country police delivers those news!!

An excellent read!! I wonder if anyone hand delivered it to the mayor :)

An excellent read!! I wonder if anyone hand delivered it to the mayor smile.png

I give it a 74 -- nothing new and you can't dance to it.

1970s-rate-a-record-85.jpg

I'm sure the dear mayor has been notified, he obviously got wind of the Evening Standard article.

You have complained to the ‘Khao Sod’ about spurious press claims. There is no such thing as island mafia, you insist. Who exactly are you selling this line too and who is going to believe you? – certainly not the British press.

Crabby do you have a movie fetish? You seem to not be in the same universe as some of us. LOL... Harmless no doubt and funny sometimes.

Crabby do you have a movie fetish? You seem to not be in the same universe as some of us. LOL... Harmless no doubt and funny sometimes.

Yes -- it helps prevent me from saying things about some of my fellow TV Members that might get me suspended or banned.

• Like 2

The ghoulish beheaviour goes on, with people feeding their agendas on a new tragedy.

Yeah her Mother has turned into a ghoul.

But from advising us to believe what the Mother was saying, you now advise against.

Never heard of information informing people.

Yes -- it helps prevent me from saying things about some of my fellow TV Members that might get me suspended or banned.

Something we agree on then.

For my mind I would just like to see an independent Investigation. Just to give the Families closure and the general public/tourists piece of mind. It was such a shambles in the beginning that most reasonable people are nothing short of extremely concerned that 2 people are scapegoats. It isn't like its not happened before. Particularly using the Burmese as the Goats.

Anyway a long way to go.

A lot of stones to overturn.

I cant help but think some of the Investigations would be better done by these 2 guys.

post-69687-0-58342200-1422362765_thumb.j

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxwcRck9TI

yes

Respiratory Side Effects

According to Merck, antibiotics can cause allergy-like symptoms such as wheezing and difficulty breathing. In severe cases taking too many antibiotics can prevent a person from breathing altogether. A severe allergy to antibiotics can lead to anaphylaxis, a condition characterized by swelling of the throat, the inability to breathe and extremely low blood pressure. The Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital advises individuals experiencing breathing difficulties to dial an emergency number immediately. Individuals who overdose on antibiotics but do not have breathing problems should call poison control.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/119251-side-effects-many-antibiotics/

For clarification - the above post under my name is an exert from AD's site. Apols if any confusion caused to posters.

yes

Respiratory Side Effects

According to Merck, antibiotics can cause allergy-like symptoms such as wheezing and difficulty breathing. In severe cases taking too many antibiotics can prevent a person from breathing altogether. A severe allergy to antibiotics can lead to anaphylaxis, a condition characterized by swelling of the throat, the inability to breathe and extremely low blood pressure. The Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital advises individuals experiencing breathing difficulties to dial an emergency number immediately. Individuals who overdose on antibiotics but do not have breathing problems should call poison control.

That is right. However, the reaction usually happens within hours of taking it. Not 3 or 4 days later.

There were 3 bottles. A quick count of the pills that were left and usually the amount given is on the bottle, would show how many she had taken. One could do a little guess work.

Say she got the pills on a Friday. Most pharmacy or doctor might give the doses for 1 or 2 weeks tops. Usually 1. But hyperthetically let's go with 2.

So antibiotics usually 1 or 2 tops per day.

14x2 = 28 .

valium usually 1 per day, so 14 and the painkillers

Say 28.

She had been taking them for a few days so quite a few would be gone.

Even if she took all of them in a suicide attempt. It doesn't seem enough.

Why was she not clothed?

Why was there blood on her face?

Why was the door open?

• Like 1

yes

Respiratory Side Effects

That is right. However, the reaction usually happens within hours of taking it. Not 3 or 4 days later.

There were 3 bottles. A quick count of the pills that were left and usually the amount given is on the bottle, would show how many she had taken. One could do a little guess work.

Say she got the pills on a Friday. Most pharmacy or doctor might give the doses for 1 or 2 weeks tops. Usually 1. But hyperthetically let's go with 2.

So antibiotics usually 1 or 2 tops per day.

14x2 = 28 .

valium usually 1 per day, so 14 and the painkillers

Say 28.

She had been taking them for a few days so quite a few would be gone.

Even if she took all of them in a suicide attempt. It doesn't seem enough.

Why was she not clothed?

Why was there blood on her face?

Why was the door open?

GC,

I am all for examining these deaths however don't make to many suppositions. All you do is mash your brain. Trust me I have been there. You do not know who the person was that posted that claim. It could be malicious. You normally tell the Pharmacist how many you want. they will sell u as much as u like in Thailand. Who doesn't sleep naked in Thailand.? its very normal I would say. Respiratory failure can cause nose bleeds and loss of blood.. I know when I get sick like that I very often get nose bleeds. As does my son.

Just keep an open mind Miss Marples and see the whole picture.