Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

You and Alfie make an awful team but you come as a pair don't you.  Bottom line though. I have witnessed your mutterings of discontent with your board finally and I cannot disagree. Just takes you a while bit of trigg delay is all. 

Levy had an interview with some of the supporters and gave a fairly nondescript reply to the question of our summer transfers saying Poch saw our returning from injury players as almost new signings blah de blah but of course Poch himself hasn't said anything at all.

Of course we want to strengthen the team....any supporter who doesn't needs psychiatric help....but also tellingly in the interview he said there is a budget but not an unlimited one or words to that effect.

Basically we can't compete with the top of the table financially yet which we knew already.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Levy had an interview with some of the supporters and gave a fairly nondescript reply to the question of our summer transfers saying Poch saw our returning from injury players as almost new signings blah de blah but of course Poch himself hasn't said anything at all.

Of course we want to strengthen the team....any supporter who doesn't needs psychiatric help....but also tellingly in the interview he said there is a budget but not an unlimited one or words to that effect.

Basically we can't compete with the top of the table financially yet which we knew already.

But he was also unprepared to sell players at any type of discount. I actually respect this but the Dembele situation looks bad for business and could have freed up funds. Truth is I think other clubs saw the predicament Spurs are in and purposely did not come  to the table. A harry kane sale could be the answer to Pochs progression. Un Unheard of Maybe, but look what coutinho sale did for lfc.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

For a change Rc 's right,  appears  you know nothing about football.

In matters of the national game I'm right more times than you dare dream of being. Stick to exeter you country bumpking.  Seriously I'd be handing out free dictionaries to all fans if I came across posts made by you. On a serious note now, how many schools did you get expelled from?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

But he was also unprepared to sell players at any type of discount. I actually respect this but the Dembele situation looks bad for business and could have freed up funds. Truth is I think other clubs saw the predicament Spurs are in and purposely did not come  to the table. A harry kane sale could be the answer to Pochs progression. Un Unheard of Maybe, but look what coutinho sale did for lfc.

I'm not convinced our board would reinvest the 200m quid or whatever we would get for Kane back into the team at this point.

The shambles of the 87m for Bale has likely not been forgotten at our club and we have some excellent youth prospects.

Our future lies in those players for the most part is my belief but also I don't see Kane being sold unless he hands in a request or Poch leaves.

I'm not convinced our board would reinvest the 200m quid or whatever we would get for Kane back into the team at this point.

The shambles of the 87m for Bale has likely not been forgotten at our club and we have some excellent youth prospects.

Our future lies in those players for the most part is my belief but also I don't see Kane being sold unless he hands in a request or Poch leaves.

Honestly, I think kane has an expiration date. He just looks years older now than just 18 months ago.  He's lost that youthful look and looks more of a pub team face than a hotshot. His performances are still good but is he really world class? Still undecided and at 26 you are or you are not. 200m would be a great deal and give Spurs a real shake up and after 3 successful years with no trophies, I think this is what is required otherwise the only accolade I see Spurs achieving is harry kane beating shearers pl  record. Great for him of course.

Edited by Rc2702

50 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

In matters of the national game I'm right more times than you dare dream of being. Stick to exeter you country bumpking.  Seriously I'd be handing out free dictionaries to all fans if I came across posts made by you. On a serious note now, how many schools did you get expelled from?

you are a such a sad little man probably with borderline personality issues. how much time in prison have you done ?

That's seriously gonna upset matters. Sell kane and only the teams investment should be the benefactor. Bales sale was surrounded by euphoria it was a massive fee at the time but 200m now gets you 4 quality 25 year old winners who are ready immediately. 

Good news for tomorrow, with Eriksen back to face the pikeys in their cup final.

I haven't got a clue what side Poch will put out for this one, because they'll be up for a huge scrap, bless their little cockney socks!!!  Any type of win will do for me.

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Good news for tomorrow, with Eriksen back to face the pikeys in their cup final.

I haven't got a clue what side Poch will put out for this one, because they'll be up for a huge scrap, bless their little cockney socks!!!  Any type of win will do for me.

That is good news.. judging from the international managers 'chronic' description suggests perhaps  he's 'managing' it as opposed to it healing .. but hey.. i'm nit picking   but i suspect,  carms  judging by our injury list i'de say who's fit will have a big a say in how  poch sets up..   NOT the best situation.

39 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

That is good news.. judging from the international managers 'chronic' description suggests perhaps  he's 'managing' it as opposed to it healing .. but hey.. i'm nit picking   but i suspect,  carms  judging by our injury list i'de say who's fit will have a big a say in how  poch sets up..   NOT the best situation.

No not at all.  Apparently Eriksen's injury was more down to fatigue.

What is concerning is the decline of Dembele.  Now really is the time for Harry Winks to play in the form he did prior to the injury last year.  And what an opportunity he has with our fixture list between noe and the NLD looking an absolute nightmare.

55 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

A troll with a brummie accent .....  amusing...

He's tries so hard but his lack of a sense of humor results in unpleasantness....bless!!!

He's a plastic Liverpool fan too.????

Edited by carmine

51 minutes ago, carmine said:

No not at all.  Apparently Eriksen's injury was more down to fatigue.

What is concerning is the decline of Dembele.  Now really is the time for Harry Winks to play in the form he did prior to the injury last year.  And what an opportunity he has with our fixture list between noe and the NLD looking an absolute nightmare.

We could squeeze another two or three years out of Dembele playing him for the last half hour but no way can he dominate games for 90 mins any more.

Winks is good enough to step up but its a big step right now to do it consistently.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We could squeeze another two or three years out of Dembele playing him for the last half hour but no way can he dominate games for 90 mins any more.

Winks is good enough to step up but its a big step right now to do it consistently.

Dembele is fit to play but not sure he'll start. Possibly Winks.  I'd only want Dembele to stay if he was still up to being the dominant force he was.  Not now, as a journey sitting on the bench

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I think Eriksen's injury is a case of you believing everything you read in the media Rij .....

Christian Eriksen's agent has slammed reports suggesting that the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder has a chronic stomach injury: “Christian [Eriksen] has no chronic injuries - nobody has said that. He just has an injury related to some fatigue.”

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I think Eriksen's injury is a case of you believing everything you read in the media Rij .....

Christian Eriksen's agent has slammed reports suggesting that the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder has a chronic stomach injury: “Christian [Eriksen] has no chronic injuries - nobody has said that. He just has an injury related to some fatigue.”

Yeah maybe alfie.. but something aint quite right when  an international manager comes out with a statement who has NO AXE to grind and then an agent denies it ..  hmmm ..maybe i'm wrong in this and would be pleased if i was  but  in ?? Decades of watchin playin ect ect.. can you EVER recall an injury being put down to fatigue.. ? Me ... NOT.. i smell bullshit somewhere alfie .

Anyway erickson  started the season bang on .. and imo HAS become slightly less dominant and  effective over the last ??? games  so we'll c  

As for demebele.. think he's china bound in jan or  the summer SO.. a chance for winks to step up?.  will he ? juries out IMO 

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah maybe alfie.. but something aint quite right when  an international manager comes out with a statement who has NO AXE to grind and then an agent denies it ..  hmmm ..maybe i'm wrong in this and would be pleased if i was  but  in ?? Decades of watchin playin ect ect.. can you EVER recall an injury being put down to fatigue.. ? Me ... NOT.. i smell bullshit somewhere alfie .

Anyway erickson  started the season bang on .. and imo HAS become slightly less dominant and  effective over the last ??? games  so we'll c  

As for demebele.. think he's china bound in jan or  the summer SO.. a chance for winks to step up?.  will he ? juries out IMO 

I would say it's more like a Manager speaks about a player in Danish and the media translate it to what makes the best news.

32 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I would say it's more like a Manager speaks about a player in Danish and the media translate it to what makes the best news.

possibly alfie, but somethings changed he  aint quite pushing us on like he was late last season and v early this season and have you EVER heard of a fatigue injury,? i cant help but think there's more to it than meets the eye  but hey, he 'stars' for us as per b4  and my theory aint quite there , but tbh if it's fatigue with lamella pushing for a start on that lhs 'i'de be tempted to let  eric boy rest ,, but we will see

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

possibly alfie, but somethings changed he  aint quite pushing us on like he was late last season and v early this season and have you EVER heard of a fatigue injury,? i cant help but think there's more to it than meets the eye  but hey, he 'stars' for us as per b4  and my theory aint quite there , but tbh if it's fatigue with lamella pushing for a start on that lhs 'i'de be tempted to let  eric boy rest ,, but we will see

Ericksen will continue to improve....the laddie has had a hectic summer with his kid being born as well it could easily be that topped it all off and he needed some time off.

We are all human after all...if so then its a smart move by the club.

He'll be back better and stronger for it.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ericksen will continue to improve....the laddie has had a hectic summer with his kid being born as well it could easily be that topped it all off and he needed some time off.

We are all human after all...if so then its a smart move by the club.

He'll be back better and stronger for it.

Yeah he's far from over and arguably just coming to his peak.. he'd fetch GOOD money atm.. AND in that position we could arguably afford ro lose him.? And his money would  cover a LOT of where poch needs to freshen/get cover . NOT that I'm advocating he or anyone  moves.. just speculatin   however... him hugo and / or dembele to go in jan ? 

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah he's far from over and arguably just coming to his peak.. he'd fetch GOOD money atm.. AND in that position we could arguably afford ro lose him.? And his money would  cover a LOT of where poch needs to freshen/get cover . NOT that I'm advocating he or anyone  moves.. just speculatin   however... him hugo and / or dembele to go in jan ? 

Ericksen is going nowhere.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd sell Lloris before Ericksen in a heartbeat....we have a very good young keeper in Gazza who I see as the future for us.....and yes he is ready NOW.

Yeah he struck me as being ready ...but you never can tell with keepers totally diferent  pressure.. but ericson  lamelas just BITING at the bit to step up.   but we'll c..

Gotta be some sales happening in both directions in Jan.  Things need shaking up a bit that is for sure. 

Although if the talk is true and Arab oil to the value of 2 billion is gonna make Lewis walk away. That's not a bad outcome at all. Could be a monster in the making.

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Gotta be some sales happening in both directions in Jan.  Things need shaking up a bit that is for sure. 

Although if the talk is true and Arab oil to the value of 2 billion is gonna make Lewis walk away. That's not a bad outcome at all. Could be a monster in the making.

Would that b enuf?.. not sure.  but shaking up in jan is a given.. carms reckons that lhs cb from bournmouth.. i' de go with that but  he wont be cheap.. they paid 20 for him AND he's stepped up since then