Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Disappointed with the result. I don't understand why their goal wasn't ruled out for handball and i don't think our second was offside either. We're not getting the rub of the green with decisions lately. Hopefully that will change.

For me, that was pretty much our strongest team although i'd include a fit Lennon and would also drop Bale back as Alfie suggested.

I disagree with moving Bale back to left back as it would stifle his runs all over the park. A step back that would be in my opinion. Sure we were over run at times in the second half in the midfield and I thought the defending for the Ramires free header was shocking.

What we need in the case of having two strikers playing is for them to track back more and help out when this happens.

We currently have one top striker. We need at least another one to keep the momentum going through the rest of the season. Pav out.

Edit: Cover on the right wing is also needed. Walker can't do both jobs effectively. Not yet at any rate.

I don't see why it would stifle Bales runs. I think we all agree that we are most effective with Van Der Vaart playing off Adebayor but we also know he can't defend of back track There you need the presence of Parker and Sandro. This would also provide the extra cover on the right you mentioned. Just my opinion ofcourse but that pairing of Parker and Sandro, with time, would be superb.

I don't see why it would stifle Bales runs. I think we all agree that we are most effective with Van Der Vaart playing off Adebayor but we also know he can't defend of back track There you need the presence of Parker and Sandro. This would also provide the extra cover on the right you mentioned. Just my opinion ofcourse but that pairing of Parker and Sandro, with time, would be superb.

If we had two top strikers we would more clearly see VDV as the extravagance he is. Works fine against the lesser teams but against top opposition when, as you rightly point out Sandro and Parker are a great combination, We would be better served playing a striker who is prepared to get back, tackle and link the play/ hold up the ball.

Playing Bale at left back would prevent him running at players from all across the midfield, a tactic which worked well last night I thought. If he did that from left back we would be left exposed....especially given the legs of our central defensive pairing of Gallas and King.

If we had two top strikers we would more clearly see VDV as the extravagance he is. Works fine against the lesser teams but against top opposition when, as you rightly point out Sandro and Parker are a great combination, We would be better served playing a striker who is prepared to get back, tackle and link the play/ hold up the ball.

Playing Bale at left back would prevent him running at players from all across the midfield, a tactic which worked well last night I thought. If he did that from left back we would be left exposed....especially given the legs of our central defensive pairing of Gallas and King.

I'm a big fan of Gallas but the first choice should be Kaboul with King. He also has better movement than Dawson.

I'm a big fan of Gallas but the first choice should be Kaboul with King. He also has better movement than Dawson.

Agreed on that point at least! Let's get a couple of wins under our belt before the transfer window opens and see what happens....smile.gif

I don't think we can play 2 strikers in this day and age as we would get overan in midfield, we seem to play our best football with VDV dropping deep as an extra midfielder.

If we played with 2 defensive midfielders then Bale and Walker can push forward as much as they like.

4-2-3-1 or like i said before and especially as it is Xmas 4-3-2-1 ( i was going to put a smiley emotion but they don't have one now ) angry.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I don't think we can play 2 strikers in this day and age as we would get overan in midfield, we seem to play our best football with VDV dropping deep as an extra midfielder.

If we played with 2 defensive midfielders then Bale and Walker can push forward as much as they like.

4-2-3-1 or like i said before and especially as it is Xmas 4-3-2-1

Ok Alfredo...I'm not going to labour the point. At least another top striker would give us the option! Let's get rid of Pav...he was bloody anonymous against Chelski.

I assume Junior Hoilett isnt the top striker you are after.

No not him. Actually we're desperate to sign Andy Carroll but our bid of 50 quid was turned down after a lengthy decision process

We could always appeal...

Still if you appeal the price might go up.

What's that about ledley getting skinned on chelseas goal? Lol

40.gif40.gif Please talk us through it Jimbo to make sure you were watching the same game as us

Well alfie, I watched it live, king / gallas and co, tried to play offside trap, then stood there as the ball was crossed to an unmarked goalscorer. (hands in the air of course - waving for offside.) Next. What's that two more points dropped, look out from below - here come the arsenal lol

Well we opened the game really well and then after the first 20ish mins it seemed to slip away from us, and thought that Chelsea were the better side in the second half, So why the turnaround? only thing that changed was van the man picking an injury going off, and from then on we slowly seemed to concede the midfield. Agree that its time bale was used as a l/b as sandro deserves a starting place, thought he was our best player last night. Walker got a good lesson in fullbacking last night from an old hand and majorly on form ashley cole. Thought that Parkers looking weary. and how the fuc didnt we score in extra time, got to say good defending by terry, but really at that level a chance like that should have been in the bac of the net. a draw? seems fair enuf to me

40.gif40.gif Please talk us through it Jimbo to make sure you were watching the same game as us

Well alfie, I watched it live, king / gallas and co, tried to play offside trap, then stood there as the ball was crossed to an unmarked goalscorer. (hands in the air of course - waving for offside.) Next. What's that two more points dropped, look out from below - here come the arsenal lol

they weren't waving for offside they momentarily stopped as did half the spurs defence expecting a hand ball, it wasnt given, cole quite rightly played to the whistle, crossed. cos of the hesitation spurs defense was a yard or 2 out of place, and your man sturridge pulled in from the rightr hands side and was presented with an easy tap.

SCHOOLBOY ERROR BY SPURS DEFENCE. play to the whistle.

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/03/21-tottenham-vs-chelsea-live-highlights.html

There you go alfie, relive it until you convince yourself laugh.png

http://www.timesocce...highlights.html

There you go alfie, relive it until you convince yourself laugh.png

You said he got skinned, which to me means he got outpaced somewhere in the move for the goal, which he didn't.

They wasn't playing the offside trap, they didn't stand there with their hands in the air......... i was right you was watching another game licklips.gif

I was wondering, in the wake of the Chelsea game, whether on here could explain to me why Redknapp was again playing Van Der Vaart on the right? angry.png

And yes, i am aware Lennon was injured.

To be fair carms, apart from sandro i couldn't really work out where anyone was playing in midfield !!

I was wondering, in the wake of the Chelsea game, whether on here could explain to me why Redknapp was again playing Van Der Vaart on the right? angry.png

To be fair carms, apart from sandro i couldn't really work out where anyone was playing in midfield !!

I wonder whether a certain Man City supporter was watching the game? If so, then he might finally get a grasp of the fact that Henry Redknapp might be an exceptional man manager but is also, for the most part, a tactical bufoon. You quite simply cannot play Van Der Vaart on right midfield. Where did the build up to their "hand ball" goal originate.....thumbsup.gif

If he gets the England job it could be very "interesting."

I wonder whether a certain Man City supporter was watching the game? If so, then he might finally get a grasp of the fact that Henry Redknapp might be an exceptional man manager but is also, for the most part, a tactical bufoon. You quite simply cannot play Van Der Vaart on right midfield. Where did the build up to their "hand ball" goal originate.....thumbsup.gif

The two areas we desperately need cover are at right midfield and at left back. Oh and when are we signing Messi again?

The two areas we desperately need cover are at right midfield and at left back. Oh and when are we signing Messi again?

Danny rose is our cover at left bac, think he just about good enuf, tho not to impressive in the euro leagy thingy earlier, dont blame him for that tho, more down to us not having a reserve team!! And as for right hand mid,Ari boy said that van der man has a continuing hamstring prob!! so why didnt he have dos santos on the bench ready?. As cover for the rhs of mid, Dos santos is more than good enuf

No he's not he's <deleted>.

Merry xmas smokes, But thats a bit harsh on the lad, he played on the r/h/s for mexico and i thought he had a really really good world cup 4 them , always thought he had bags of potential if given a run of games cant see why he couldn't do it for us, failing that couldn't cranks go out wide for a few games, sure he'd bang a few good x's in.

Merry Christmas Spurs thread contributors; really enjoy reading your posts throughout the year, hope one day to contribute more/some myself.

Arry’s along way from perfect but he’s done a hell of a job, to an extent that 3rd is a reality these days, IMO.

COYS!!