Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Word on the street is that Spurs will play with a 5 man midfield with Kabul replacing Defoe, probaly not a bad idea taking into consideration the way Stoke play and can always revert to 4 in mid if things are going wrong.

I hope you're wrong alfie. I can understand this tactic employed against Man U or Chelsea looking for a draw but Stoke? Absolute nonsense. We should play our own game which seems to be suiting us well at the moment. :)

I just think that we could get over run in midfield with Modric in a 4, could be even more of a battle than the Fulham game and we didn't win that one :D .

I just think that we could get over run in midfield with Modric in a 4, could be even more of a battle than the Fulham game and we didn't win that one :) .

It'll certainly be a tough battle but I don't see us scoring goals with Pav as a lone striker. With two up front I reckon we can nick a 1-0 or even 2-0 win. Stoke haven't much to offer up front.

What we should do is start with a 4 4 2, go all out for a goal then revert to a 4 5 1. I don't think we have the pace to score much with a five man midfield if Defoe and Lennon are missing

Everybody knows how Stoke will play, problem is they do it rather well. Most important player for us in this one is Palacios. He will probably get booked but that suits me too. He'll miss Pompey and Fulham at the Lane. ( Thank the Lord JJ is still out. Loves a kiss and cuddle when we score but hates getting his knees muddy :) ) One thing for sure, a draws no good for us.........can't wait for this one.

What we should do is start with a 4 4 2, go all out for a goal then revert to a 4 5 1. I don't think we have the pace to score much with a five man midfield if Defoe and Lennon are missing

Everybody knows how Stoke will play, problem is they do it rather well. Most important player for us in this one is Palacios. He will probably get booked but that suits me too. He'll miss Pompey and Fulham at the Lane. ( Thank the Lord JJ is still out. Loves a kiss and cuddle when we score but hates getting his knees muddy :) ) One thing for sure, a draws no good for us.........can't wait for this one.

Speaking of JJ being " out ", has he errrrrrr, you know, errrrrr, yet ??

Or is it still all hush hush ??

Let JT do him while A Cole is watching? Only a rumor Singer.

ashley will give him a "buzz " on his special mobile phone

Everybody knows how Stoke will play, problem is they do it rather well. Most important player for us in this one is Palacios. He will probably get booked but that suits me too. He'll miss Pompey and Fulham at the Lane. ( Thank the Lord JJ is still out. Loves a kiss and cuddle when we score but hates getting his knees muddy :D ) One thing for sure, a draws no good for us.........can't wait for this one.

Yes yes very funny. JT and Cashleys mobile won't be doing anything to JJ............he needs to be fit for the world cup :):D:D

Yes yes very funny. JT and Cashleys mobile won't be doing anything to JJ............he needs to be fit for the world cup :):D:D

Let's all pray he has a Honduran Grandparent then..

Yes yes very funny. JT and Cashleys mobile won't be doing anything to JJ............he needs to be fit for the world cup :D:D:D

No Singhy, cannot play for Honduras, he has already played 21 times for England and once you have played for one national team you are not elegible to play for another :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Yes yes very funny. JT and Cashleys mobile won't be doing anything to JJ............he needs to be fit for the world cup :D:D:D

No Singhy, cannot play for Honduras, he has already played 21 times for England and once you have played for one national team you are not elegible to play for another :) .

I'm fully aware of that but i'm still hoping for a Honduran Grandparent if it means he doesn't pay for England..

I'll personally put the money into Blatter's Envelope if he overlooks the 21 Caps in this case so that the ever so cute JJ doesn't represent England any more than the incredible 21 times he has previously...

Hopefully Harry will keep him fresh and injury free until the summer...then we can sell him to Newcastle for a ridiculous sum. :)

You forget, they off loaded him onto us in the first place

Frankly they can have him back for a pittance....relegation fodder is Jenas.

Hopefully Harry will keep him fresh and injury free until the summer...then we can sell him to Newcastle for a ridiculous sum. :)

I think he's Villa bound. O'Neil rates him...........

Italy bound :D he's bean learning the lingo and eating a lot of spaghetti.

a great three points, despite Rednapp. Pompey at the Lane next weekend. Resting Palacios for a quarter final FA cup replay at the possible expense of a champions league spot. More concerned about his own personal trophy cabinet. Disgraceful and what a signal to send out to Villa City and 'Pool.Don't get me wrong, i do value the FA cup but not over and above champions league.

Palacios is now almost certain to be suspended next month when we play the top three sides :)

Obviously Kranjar was excellent and i was also impressed with Eidur G. Anyone know how bad Pav's injury is?

a great three points, despite Rednapp. Pompey at the Lane next weekend. Resting Palacios for a quarter final FA cup replay at the possible expense of a champions league spot. More concerned about his own personal trophy cabinet. Disgraceful and what a signal to send out to Villa City and 'Pool.Don't get me wrong, i do value the FA cup but not over and above champions league.

Palacios is now almost certain to be suspended next month when we play the top three sides :)

Obviously Kranjar was excellent and i was also impressed with Eidur G. Anyone know how bad Pav's injury is?

I wonder if Fulham will rest some of their players today as well - that would give Man City a boost for that 4th spot and 'arry could 'ardly complain about them putting out a weakened team could he :D

Palacios is now almost certain to be suspended next month when we play the top three sides :D

Your usual cheery self carmine. :) No news yet on Pav's hamstring but maybe its time to make a call to Celtic...

At least Keane is on form and scoring goals up there.

Palacios is now almost certain to be suspended next month when we play the top three sides :D

Your usual cheery self carmine. :) No news yet on Pav's hamstring but maybe its time to make a call to Celtic...

Yes mate but that is in the Scottish league :D

Yes mate but that is in the Scottish league :)

I don't care what league he's playing in. His confidence must be high however he scored a penalty yesterday and that's reason enough to recall him in my book.

You do have a point but do you know what the terms of his loan deal are?

I'm actually very cheery today and looking at the table cheers me up even more. It's just that there are aspects of Harry Rednapp that wind me up. I reiterate, he has done an excellent job but he clearly thinks he's a coach for an FA cup and no more. I don't want our players' ambition being brought down by his self interest.

A steal for us this one... particularly on the first half performance...Happy to ride our luck for the moment! :)

The 10 men made you look very ordinary.I was proud of my team yesterday,despite another pathetic decision by the ref.Pullis actualy tried to get the ref changed last wed,but the fa refused,and TP never complains.That idiot in black has sent of 6 players this season,3 from Stoke.The Fuller miss and Mama slip gave you the game which you didnt deserve.Cant see you challenging for the top 4 unless Twitchy bancrupts your club too,maybe he will be in jail soon.

LUCKY SPURS

I don't care what league he's playing in. His confidence must be high however he scored a penalty yesterday and that's reason enough to recall him in my book.

Sounds like you know a lot about football mate.

A steal for us this one... particularly on the first half performance...Happy to ride our luck for the moment! :D

The 10 men made you look very ordinary.I was proud of my team yesterday,despite another pathetic decision by the ref.Pullis actualy tried to get the ref changed last wed,but the fa refused,and TP never complains.That idiot in black has sent of 6 players this season,3 from Stoke.The Fuller miss and Mama slip gave you the game which you didnt deserve.Cant see you challenging for the top 4 unless Twitchy bancrupts your club too,maybe he will be in jail soon.

LUCKY SPURS

It was'nt our fault your players could'nt hit a cows arse with a banjo :) Oh, and one of the signs of a good side is that they can go to away games to play the likes of your lot, (who just want to kick lumps out of the opposition) and scrap out a win. I've not got a problem with your style of play particularily although i don't really like to watch it.

By the way, you did'nt give us the game, we took it.

Sounds like you know a lot about football mate.

Sounds more like sour grapes to me. :D

Regarding the sending off Whitehead should have been more careful as he was alrady on a booking. Your team managed less than half the shots on target of an injury ravaged Tottenham side at home. I'd be fairly upset myself... :)

Harry said in an interview after yesterday's game that he cannot recall any loaned players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...pur/8578181.stm