Good Jasmine (Hom Mali) Rice?

just_Elaine

It could be just us, but the last couple of bags of rice that we've bought have not been so tasty. Also, it doesn't have the smell that it used to have while cooking. We bought Golden Phoenix and the most expensive bag we could find at the supermarket (can't remember the name) and we are still having no luck.... Anyone know of a good rice to get?

Thanks...

Don't know where you live, but on the country side we changed to buy direct from the farmers, Hom Mali still in the husk. We store it ourselves for one year and get it peeled when needed. The farmers are happy because I pay more than they could get at the collection points and I'm happy because I pay less than in any store for a first class tasty rice

Fatfather

We have always bought Golden Phoenix. Wifey insists on getting the one in the clear packaging rather than the metallised silver pack (she can't see the contents).

Not noticed any change in quality recently.

• Like 1

fatfather - Interesting idea, but not so practical for us. We are in Chiang Mai and actually know someone who farms rice in Chiang Rai, but they farm sticky rice.

Crossy - I think that the last time we bought it, it was in the metallised silver pack. We will try to look at the clear packaging next time... Thanks...

I was advised only to buy Hong Thong (Golden Phoenix) rice since this was the only company that didn't buy rice from the rice pledging scheme.

That said, I continued buying Great Harvest organic, premium grade hom mali, and have never had a problem.

I was advised only to buy Hong Thong (Golden Phoenix) rice since this was the only company that didn't buy rice from the rice pledging scheme.

That said, I continued buying Great Harvest organic, premium grade hom mali, and have never had a problem.

Thanks for the info. We will also keep Great Harvest in mind the next time we go shopping for rice.