Honeymoon : Chiang Mai

Nervosa

So, after 4 years together, I decided to propose her. She said yes and now we looking somewhere in Thailand for the Honeymoon.

We want something in Chiang Mai Province, somewhere quiet and with bungalows.

We want to stay 2 or 3 days.

We don't want to go to Pai, now it's not quiet same as before and we already been there way too many times...

So, I'm open to idea.

Thanks you.

So, after 4 years together, I decided to propose her. She said yes and now we looking somewhere in Thailand for the Honeymoon.

We want something in Chiang Mai Province, somewhere quiet and with bungalows.

We want to stay 2 or 3 days.

We don't want to go to Pai, now it's not quiet same as before and we already been there way too many times...

So, I'm open to idea.

Thanks you.

chiang dao nest is always nice.

Agreed. Just a short ride up north. Very scenic, and cozy at night. You can do the cave temple there, and plenty of cheap food around. There are some nice places to eat and get a beer at night. Great breakfast at the Nest...it was a bit unmarked and down a road, leading to the cave temple. There are two "Nests"....one is just a hotel, the other has nice bungalows and the restaurant. Go past the first one and 200 meters take a left towards the temple. You will see a small wooden sign that says Chiangdaonest. Really...I could not read it. It is on the right hand side as you head towards the temple. That sign will point you down a long, dirt driveway to the parking lot. There you will see the real bungalows and restaurant you want. They have fire pits at night.

yep. they've a pool at nest one these days and their wine cellar is always excellent too. not to mention the two owners are lovely hosts. i love the place.

I just had a delightful stay at the Fern Resort just outside of Mae Hong Son. Very comfortable beds, beautifully landscaped grounds. I know you said CM (which is where I live), but you said you rejected Pai because it's crowded, so seem open to ideas outside CM. You can fly to MHS from CM in about half an hour on Kan Air. The Fern Resort will pick you up at the airport free of charge, and shuttle you into town for dinner every night if you like, though the in-house restaurant is fine as well. Breakfast buffet is included in the rate. The staff are very proud of the photo of recent guests, a couple named Brad & Angelina. Good enough for them, good enough for me.

Chaing Dao is nice as is the Fern in MHS or it was the the last time I was there. If you are only looking at a couple of days and you do not want to go too far from town. Somewhere a bit different...I know they dont have separate bungalows as such but there is Dream catchers in Seraphi

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2237298-d779618-Reviews-Dreamcatchers_B_B-Saraphi.html which would be about 30 mins from the airport.

or perhaps Belle Villa out on the Samoeng Road,

http://www.bellevillaresort.com/chiangmai/accommodation_detail.php?room=10 Which would be about 45 minutes.

Both places are secluded.

Congratulations and enjoy

smoked ham

as smokey season has begon

so if you like fresh air

go nowhere near the north

why not Bali or the romantic MALEDIEVES ?

The air quality here in Chiang Mai is still pretty good right now, helped by an unexpected day's rain, earlier this month.

But I'd agree that March & April are worth avoiding. Cough, cough ! bah.gif

Edit to add : Congratulations to the OP & his future spouse ! wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo