could this be his last birthday

Very sorry to hear this, meatboy. I don't know anything about this parasite, so I'm afraid I can't say anything useful. I hope others will be better informed!

thanks ib,what i found out about this parasite is,if a dog swallows a tick,it then breaks up into say segments,these then attack the white blood cells.

so inbetween blood tests he must have either swallowed one or the blood,and the latest blood test [monday] found 2.

it goes on to say some dogs will carry this all their life.

symptoms are loss of appitite,weight loss,muscle weakness but this is the opposite to him.

as its just been found out we have to wait and hope.

thanks a lot,thats exactly what the vet told us,only once he had to treat a dog before and he had 50capsules in his blood.

he had to get the vacine from an animal hospice as it is rare.he did say he had caught it early,so he gave him injection and meds,and will blood test him again 7days.

All the best Meatboy - that best friend of yours will cope with all the treatment with a waggy tail and a doggy smile. He won't leave his mum and dad mate.

Onwards and upwards for all 3 of you!

Edited by weka
  • Like 1

All the best Meatboy - that best friend of yours will cope with all the treatment with a waggy tail and a doggy smile. He won't leave his mum and dad mate.

thanks weka tv.is helping me,but i cannot control my emotions,my wife?well she is putting on a brave face and is hideing her grief.he is our life and we his, i try not to think about being without him.yesterday was the first time that the wife said,if anything happens to him[god forbid it doesnt]

she will never have another.not having had any children together in over 28yrs.he is our boy.

meatboy. love me love my dog

thanks weka tv.is helping me,but i cannot control my emotions,my wife?well she is putting on a brave face and is hideing her grief.he is our life and we his, i try not to think about being without him.yesterday was the first time that the wife said,if anything happens to him[god forbid it doesnt]

she will never have another.not having had any children together in over 28yrs.he is our boy.

We're the same at our place mate. I suppress all those feelings and look at the dogs, who seem to say "what?"

Your boy is looking at you worried and thinking, "jeez Dad's taking Wales' Six Nations form pretty seriously".

You're doing all the right things the way you're taking care of this temporary glitch. Keeping him happy will keep you and the Missus happy! It's a wonderful set up you three have got

We're the same at our place mate. I suppress all those feelings and look at the dogs, who seem to say "what?"

Your boy is looking at you worried and thinking, "jeez Dad's taking Wales' Six Nations form pretty seriously".

You're doing all the right things the way you're taking care of this temporary glitch. Keeping him happy will keep you and the Missus happy! It's a wonderful set up you three have got

he doesnt seem to bothered about us loosing to them from over the bridge,he's more concerned about my drinking that seems to bring on those tearfull outbursts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

our vet has just phoned and i cannot control my emotions[OF JOY] his blood cell count has gone up from 20,000 to

40,000 and no worms detected. he wants him to have one more course of meds.

today and wed.are milestones for my wife and me so let the celabrations begin.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUPORT YOU GAVE US.

MR.& MRS MEAT AND NOT FORGETTING SAM.

That's great And while you are thanking god for his recovery, please pray for him to help my wife who had a haemorrhagic stroke yesterday morning and after brain surgery is fighting for her life in a Lopburi hospital!

That's great And while you are thanking god for his recovery, please pray for him to help my wife who had a haemorrhagic stroke yesterday morning and after brain surgery is fighting for her life in a Lopburi hospital!

God be with her, Wayned!

• Like 2

Oh my goodness, Wayned. That's shocking news.

Lots and lots of prayers and healing thoughts send to your wife and to you.

• Like 1

our vet has just phoned and i cannot control my emotions[OF JOY] his blood cell count has gone up from 20,000 to

40,000 and no worms detected. he wants him to have one more course of meds.

today and wed.are milestones for my wife and me so let the celabrations begin.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUPORT YOU GAVE US.

MR.& MRS MEAT AND NOT FORGETTING SAM.

Great news. Glad your dog is on his way to recovery. :)

i am stuck for words,so please god let her get well.

i am sure everyone is wishing her well.

• Like 2

I sure am wishing the bestest to him and everyone around.

You got this cat lover in tears... paws crossed for a good recovery. From 8,000 miles away. Smile.

And we want a piccie of the boy!! I know how much he means to you and your wife.

• Like 1

You got this cat lover in tears... paws crossed for a good recovery. From 8,000 miles away. Smile.

And we want a piccie of the boy!! I know how much he means to you and your wife.

thanks pc.the past week he has been back to his old self,talking to people who he hasnt spoke to since being ill.the poor boy must have been feelng rough rough rough,because i know how much he loves people.

i will try and get my mate to post some photo's of him.

thanks meatboy and SAM.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks pc.the past week he has been back to his old self,talking to people who he hasnt spoke to since being ill.the poor boy must have been feelng rough rough rough,because i know how much he loves people.

thanks meatboy and SAM.

the latest blood test[mon] its gone up from 20k-40k and is now 300k.so its 2more weeks of medication[only 6tabs a day]

i think its called eccstatic,

• Like 2

If the path leads her there, my wife joined our loved ones at the rainbow bridge this morning to wait for me and our other friends The extent of the ruptured aneurysm and complications of the surgery were just too severe. Thanks for your support!

If the path leads her there, my wife joined our loved ones at the rainbow bridge this morning to wait for me and our other friends The extent of the ruptured aneurysm and complications of the surgery were just too severe. Thanks for your support!

anyone wishing to pay their respects to wayned can do so in the general topics forum.

"supporting a well respected member"

• 2 weeks later...

thanks meatboy and SAM.

the latest blood test[mon] its gone up from 20k-40k and is now 300k.so its 2more weeks of medication[only 6tabs a day]

i think its called eccstatic,

final blood test on fri 3rd.result everything is fine,as he has been on meds.for over 8weeks he needs some vitamins to boost his energy levels.so the vet has given us,LIVERVITAL AND FEROVIT,one is to reduce his liver count which is just a little too high.

• Like 1