Cromecast.

beechbum

Got a Chromecast via Lazada (just over 1700b) a week ago and gotta say, very happy with it, have had a Samsung version for about 1.5yrs and the Chromecast is a lot more useful.

Couldn't find any shops selling them here in Phuket but probably wouldn't have a got it cheaper anyway.

I got mine from amazon via Alaska... Not the nearest source for things like that. Anyway, I am happy with it. I use it to watch international television from my chrome browser on the desktop, casting to the Samsung TV. Works like a charm.

Best thing going today are android media boxes. They are small computers made for media players. With these devices you dont need to use your laptops. Even high end ones like the minix serious are cheap in the 6000 baht range. You can get a full up android box for 2500 baht from many sources. Most have Kodi already installed. Just get the tvaddons app and you are set.

Basically chromecast allows you to stream media from another device to your tv

The only place ive found for any of these devices is downstairs at big c. Laazada of course

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here is more info about the little device. http://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/

I have one, but haven't used it as my TV broke down.

Are there ways to use chromecast as secondary display for OSX or Linux (Kubuntu)? Either full desktop or one window, like VLC player?

Not sure sorry, maybe someone a bit more tech savvy can help.