New committee set up to fight Phuket corruption

webfact

New committee set up to fight Phuket corruption
Nattha Thepbamrung

1422581645_1-org.jpg
Phuket Governor, Nisit Jansonwong is getting serious on corruption.

Phuket: -- As part of the Interior Ministry̕s drive for all provinces to eliminate corruption, Phuket Governor, Nisit Jansonwong has ordered that a new committee, which will include all heads of provicial departments, be set up to create a strategy to protect and track down corruption within their organization.

Deatils of the committee were revealed during a meeting of Provincial authorities yesterday (January 29).

Governor Nisit said, “According to a recent poll, people believe that local administration organisations, the police and the land office have the highest percentage of corruption. These departments will have to report to the new committee about their activities or measures set in place to protect against corruption."

"All departments in Phuket have to work transparently, and for areas such as the land office, their process for approving land papers must be clear and transparent."

The committee will monitor the work of all departments, especially in processes that are often seen to have corruption.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-committee-set-up-to-fight-phuket-corruption-50797.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-30

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Committee. Monitor. Blah, blah, blah, and then do what?

Hahahah blah blah bla is right. Hahahahah

No use of being negative here.

All these years corruption and backhanding is littering Thailand.

An effort has been initiated by this government to weed out the bad seeds.

Respect and applaud their effort.

Better days are here for Phuket and Thailand as a whole.

• Like 2

No better days are here....corruption is endemic in the thai culture as Kentucky Fried Chicken and 7-11s. It is on every corner of every city, town and village. This is nothing more than lip service and a continuation of the new military's happiness r us campaign.

I live here and see it every single day. I see it every time there are roadblocks set up targeting the foreigners on bikes. I see the tuk tuks and taxis ripping off falangs everyday.

Nothing will change. And if you think this new Thailand Junta will change anything....I want some of what you are smoking :)

Just this week I called a "visa company" about doing my retirement visa. Nothing special, I had all the documents already printed and photos. They quoted me 30000 baht. I went myself and did it for 1900 baht. Same poop different day....

Far better than a committee would be to set up a way where people could anonymously report corruption, submit evidence, and the case is then followed and if possible pursued.

If people thought they could do this anonymously.. without dangerous comebacks.. So many more would be willing to come forward.

Given its highly likely in the next year or so we will have google glass devices, or even how cheap and discrete current spycams are.. I imagine plenty of people would love to put in some payback.

• Like 1

Why do they bother? Maybe they get a budget to set up such committees. That would make sense then.

Correct.

Then they will pillage that budget, milk the "job" for as long as they can and move on.

It's in their DNA. wai2.gifwai.gif

Now HUB of Committees.

• Like 1

In the land of narcissists and corrupt they set up yet another corrupt committee to combat corruption ... roughly translated ... someone is not getting their dues so they set up a committee to ensure they do.

Seriously it's like a serial killer telling the judge they won't murder again and the judge agreeing to release them.

If nothing else Thainess is good for a laugh.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hahahah blah blah bla is right. Hahahahah

No use of being negative here.

All these years corruption and backhanding is littering Thailand.

An effort has been initiated by this government to weed out the bad seeds.

Respect and applaud their effort.

Better days are here for Phuket and Thailand as a whole.

In one word Costa .... delusional

Words are cheap and easy, actions are a little better and in the right direction, but it is results that are important.

If the Governor can't get measurable change in the right direction he should be replaced. He is the one selecting

committee members and giving them there marching orders. I have heard many, many pronouncements from

the Governor, usually with a distant time line for change and exactly nothing happens. So I would not hold my breath.whistling.gif

Why do they bother? Maybe they get a budget to set up such committees. That would make sense then.

Just setting up high paying jobs for his friends and family, to sit back and do nothing. More get onboard the Phuket gravy train.

No corruption, then no Bangla road

We can but dream.

• Like 1

Many assume the committee will be getting paid along with a few free lunches but these provincial heads already have jobs & I am sure they will not be meeting outside of their normal work hours so basically they should not be getting paid extra to do a job they should be doing anyway. I wonder if there is a way to check this or am I in an alternate universe?

I ask the clever and informed members particularly those on Phuket, as last year I watched the demolition of illegal constructions on Phuket beaches. What was the real agenda behind that action and has it continued? Haven't seen much news on it recently, I moved from Phuket August 2014

Nobody noticed the irony, so I'll just point it out w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInIXuJTMTAZ

Phuket: -- As part of the Interior Ministry̕s drive for all provinces to eliminate corruption, Phuket Governor, Nisit Jansonwong has ordered that a new committee, which will include all heads of provicial departments, be set up to create a strategy to protect and track down corruption within their organization.
crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Far better than a committee would be to set up a way where people could anonymously report corruption, submit evidence, and the case is then followed and if possible pursued.

If people thought they could do this anonymously.. without dangerous comebacks.. So many more would be willing to come forward.

Given its highly likely in the next year or so we will have google glass devices, or even how cheap and discrete current spycams are.. I imagine plenty of people would love to put in some payback.

Reporting corruption is not the problem in Phuket. The courts are overflowing with corruption. It is getting somebody indeed anybody to respond is the problem. The silence of the navy pays testimony to this fact. Twas; Wam Bam and Bye Bye Mam.