Are there still any DECENT / non-dodgy Cybercafes left in BKK ?

siam2007

it's obvious that with the proliferation of Smartphones, the good-old internet-Café is almost obsolete these days. Just wonder if anybody still knows any reputable and virus-free public Internet places in BKK ? Even at the TRUEMOVE CAFES the desktop Computers have disappeared.....

There's a plethora. It's the main staple of the Isaan girl who needs to chat via Skype or otherwise...

I counted six on Pridi a couple weeks ago. Game Over in Thonglor/Liberty Building is pretty swanky.

There's one in every old mall. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Problem is, most of the cybercafes now survive as gaming dens, filled with yelling kids day and night.

They allways where full of gamers.....the internet cafes bread and butter they sit and play for hours on end.

Compared to the " I only checked my email for 2 minutes " customer that moan about a 10 baht mimumum charge

the gamers are great.

Still it is surprsing there are any left at all, after buying all equipment, the correct licences for OS and games then the government saying

all activity needs to be logged ( more equipment ) and CCTV installed + rent + electricity + wages profit ???

The problem with most of them is that they run Windows XP Home edition with free AV which they naively think keeps them secure.

If you do decide to use any of them, don't conduct any financial transactions. Even if you only use it to check email, change your login password a.s.a.p. afterwards.

• Like 2

The problem with most of them is that they run Windows XP Home edition with free AV which they naively think keeps them secure.

If you do decide to use any of them, don't conduct any financial transactions. Even if you only use it to check email, change your login password a.s.a.p. afterwards.

That's good advice.

The best would be to find a café that sells WIFI passwords and bring your own device so you can use SSL - of course, check that SSL is enabled both on email and web.

If you do decide to use any of them, don't conduct any financial transactions. Even if you only use it to check email, change your login password a.s.a.p. afterwards.[/quote

I'd be careful about entering any passwords etc to access ANY websites as it wouldn't surprise me to find snooping software in these places.

Edited by GooEng

whistling.gif On Sukhu,vit. I believe at Soi 16 or perhaps Soi 14 there is a place run by Koreans that has internet available for 100 Baht an hour.

It's on the second floor and is acrooss the road from the Robinsons store and the McDonalds there.

You can cross the road by going into Robinsons, and taking the 2nd floor pedestrian overpass from Robinsons.

I've used it before mainly for the printers to print out documents for immigration, the embessy, and tax forms.

Not a internet cafe, but good computer access and definately not a dodgy place. Run by Korean management who don't allow any gambeling and/or dodgy characters in there.