Looking for mineral oil

Kiniyeow

I've been to several pharmacies, but haven't found one that carries it yet. I'm not using it as a laxative, but as part of a food safe finish for wood projects. If anyone has actually seen it someplace, I'd love to know where. In the mean time, I'm going to keep my eyes open and continue checking.

Good luck. I have never found it. Nor tung oil. I have turned to using coconut oil. There is a thread on this subject somewhere here if you do a search.

Does the coconut oil not go rancid? what sort of coconut oil the processed cooking kind or the clear virgin (cold extracted)?

You could melt some Beeswax into it also I guess.

Yes, but raw Linseed oil is not what I am looking for and besides, it has a very long cure time. Boiled Linseed oil would be great as I could use it with Shellac and DNA to make a great friction polish, but I have yet to find any here in Chiang Mai. Cooking oil will go rancid after a period of time and is also unacceptable for the application in which I need it.

Linseed oil or any cooking oil is fine.

you should be able to get Linseed oil at a hardware store.

No! Linseed oil is not suitable for food-related uses! Cooking oil will turn gummy, don't us it.

PS: I have never been able to find (boiled) linseed oil in Thailand in any event.