Trek Crossrip Ltd

oldmajor

Haven't seen it, sorry. You could try Probike, the Trek importer, near Lumphini Park to see if they plan to bring it in, or can special or for you.

There aren't many disc based commuter road bikes available in Thailand yet, probably the closest is a Giant TCX SLR or Colnago World Cup, both Alu CX bikes, the TCX is around 45k and the Colnago around 70k, not cheap really. The TCX comes with rack mounts for touring though.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Moonoi. The issue I have is that I am 1.91m or 6'3" tall. The Probike team weren't very receptive and tried to sell me something completely different. The shop near the HSBC office said they could get me a Colnago in large size but it would be 5 months waiting. I settled with a Cannondale Synapse 105 alloy disc with a 61 frame. Should be here in a month. Looking forwards to it

Thanks Moonoi. The issue I have is that I am 1.91m or 6'3" tall. The Probike team weren't very receptive and tried to sell me something completely different. The shop near the HSBC office said they could get me a Colnago in large size but it would be 5 months waiting. I settled with a Cannondale Synapse 105 alloy disc with a 61 frame. Should be here in a month. Looking forwards to it

Is that the Specialized shop in the U Chu Liang Building on Rama IV?

I had a quick look for it while i was in the building yesterday, and couldn't find it - where about is it?

The Building directory said 9th floor, but this web site says 8th, and their Foursquare page says 1st Floor

Thanks!

SC

The Probike team, specially one called "Jack" gets even less receptive after you paid. So I would avoid them if you can.

Is that the Specialized shop in the U Chu Liang Building on Rama IV?

I had a quick look for it while i was in the building yesterday, and couldn't find it - where about is it?

The Building directory said 9th floor, but this web site says 8th, and their Foursquare page says 1st Floor

Thanks!

SC

I work in the same building, the concept store is on the ground floor opposite S&P and Yamagoya ramen.

It's a nice bike, I had a nightmare with the Cannondale importer. They wanted to charge an extra 10% on top of the U.S. MSRP to order the bike in my size (CAAD-X), which is why I ended up going to world bike and ordering a Giant.

The Probike team, specially one called "Jack" gets even less receptive after you paid. So I would avoid them if you can.

I agree with you 100%. I have a Trek bike and felt compelled to go back there for spares although really hated putting money in their pockets. I soon found the shop near Udomsuk BTS ( sorry, I am terrible at remembering the names of these shops) the smaller shop of the 2 sells all the shamans stuff that I need. Now I have been in their a few times, they take time out to help. No more Probike!

I agree with you 100%. I have a Trek bike and felt compelled to go back there for spares although really hated putting money in their pockets. I soon found the shop near Udomsuk BTS ( sorry, I am terrible at remembering the names of these shops) the smaller shop of the 2 sells all the shamans stuff that I need. Now I have been in their a few times, they take time out to help. No more Probike!

If you recall the name of the shop, please let me know. Here on the west side of BKK are three shops and I wonder if it is pure incompetence or if they are for money laundry. I only once say a single other customer in there.

But well, different than Probike they are very friendly. And can answer every question in English, just the answer is always the same "no have" laugh.png

I want to try Nakhorn Bike but it is far away....

Sorry for hijack the topic....