New place opened in Hangdong

BB1955

I dont normally get very excited about places that serve both farrang and thai food . But wifes been nagging me to try a new place not far from home. Went had a rack of ribs came with a salad and french fries . Wife had spagetti. She had tried the thai food the other day on her own and said it was good. I can say too my meal was good as well as her spagetti . Bill was 250 baht , very much worth what I had. Im hoping he can stay in business because the food excellent . If you travel south on Hangdong road , go past the hospital , you will pass a gas station on the right , next street turn right and hes right on the corner under a big tree . Good food farrang and wife do the cooking . I was impressed ...

Any chance of more directions, or better still, the name of the restaurant? The Hang Dong road is a long one, and there's more than one hospital!

Are we talking the Klaimor Hospital (next to Tescos) or are we further out than that?

The names of both the restaurant and the hospital would both be helpful and seem logical - why not?

What the name of the Hospital ?

I haven't been to this restaurant yet but the hospital he is referring to is Hang Dong Hospital which is roughly 10 km south of Airport Central. Going south after passing Hang Dong Hospital on the right you pass a Blue Leaf service station on the right. The restaurant should be on a short soi on the first right turn after the service station.

The approximate Google Maps coordinates are 18.680554, 98.917801.

I haven't been to this restaurant yet but the hospital he is referring to is Hang Dong Hospital which is roughly 10 km south of Airport Central. Going south after passing Hang Dong Hospital on the right you pass a Blue Leaf service station on the right. The restaurant should be on a short soi on the first right turn after the service station.

The Government hospital at Hang Dong. GPS 18.6829880197, 98.9185761078

Any chance of more directions, or better still, the name of the restaurant? The Hang Dong road is a long one, and there's more than one hospital!

Are we talking the Klaimor Hospital (next to Tescos) or are we further out than that?

The names of both the restaurant and the hospital would both be helpful and seem logical - why not?
Sorry its Hang Dong hospital ,

The directions in the original op are correct. The hospital is Hang Dong Hospital. The name of the restaurant is Garden Of ... House of Ribs.

I just went there for lunch because it is very convenient to home. I sat down and asked for a menu. They don't have a menu. I asked for a hamburger. Sorry don't have. Rather than playing guessing games I asked what she did have, Ribs, While I didn't really want ribs I ordered them.

The ribs came with french fries and a salad, very nicely presented. I also got a bowl of soup and I had to have a drink of some kind because it was a set price. I make ribs at home which rival the taste of Duke's so I am a poor judge but I would not rate the taste of these ribs highly at all. To me ribs have to be baked in a sauce so that the meat practically falls off the bone.

The price for the set meal is 200 Baht.

I will go back in a month's time or so and if the restaurant has a menu with a variety of western dishes I will try again, Right now, in my opinion, it is too early to eat at this restaurant. Get every thing organized first and then open if you want to make a good impression.

• 4 months later...

Do you really expect a place to last for a whole 5 months?

Once they found out how involved the restaurant biz was like having to have menus and more then a few items on it wouldn't you just walk (or run) away for you investment too??

facepalm.gif

Do you really expect a place to last for a whole 5 months?

Once they found out how involved the restaurant biz was like having to have menus and more then a few items on it wouldn't you just walk (or run) away for you investment too??

facepalm.gif

Or maybe the owner died. But a little thing like that wouldn't stop a professional.

I would disagree with necessarily having traditional menus and the necessity to have more than just a few items. There are "places" (small restaurants and noodle shops) all over the place that have lasted a very long time.

The person who said they didn't have a menu concluded that they ordered something they didn't want because of it and would only go back if they had a variety of dishes and menus.

Someone else posted they went, from what it seems like this thread's recommendation, and was disappointed to find it closed.

And all I did was a little joke about about these points others posted.

And the response was "maybe the owner died" - WOW!

But obviously I'm wrong and the poster who said "I would disagree with necessarily having traditional menus and the necessity to have more than just a few items. There are "places" (small restaurants and noodle shops) all over the place that have lasted a very long", as this one, the one being discussed, stayed in business for a huge amount of time, like months!!

Guess something "stopped the professional" which I sincerely hope wasn't their demise.

Do you have any facts? Or find it necessary to use a wild, and morbid, imagination to dispute my post?

Archived