Pattaya sushi shop manager charged over ‘nude menu’

Thaivisa News

"Although the shop has been closed down temporarily following an outcry by social networkers, police managed to locate it and summoned the shop manger, Apichart Wongsurirya, 38, to face charges of holding indecent activities and having women go nude in the public."

So now I guess the magnificent Thai police will now have to go and arrest all the wealthy Thai guys

who own the gogo bars on walking street, as they certainly are having women go nude there... :-)

I swear, the levels of hypocrisy here reach uncharted levels..

You farang no understand.

Farang must pay 10x at least what Thai pay.

Obviously no one told Jason the rules.

Seriously though, draw attention to yourself in anyway here is bad news. Going viral on social media is not recommended, especially for such an activity.

Agreed.

There was a group on Facebook that promoted it and also sections on the forums, not very clever.

I'd bet another well known place goes down soon as there was also a page about it on Facebook with some idiot doing regular promotions, Crazy.

Seriously though, draw attention to yourself in anyway here is bad news. Going viral on social media is not recommended, especially for such an activity.

Agreed.

There was a group on Facebook that promoted it and also sections on the forums, not very clever.

I'd bet another well known place goes down soon as there was also a page about it on Facebook with some idiot doing regular promotions, Crazy.

Well, with all the Chinese tour groups, Indians and Arabs running around with their smartphones videoing Walking Street and Patpong, clearly showing the ping-pong show touts with their cards describing what's on offer and showing girly pics... Maybe, it is not going viral, but the total number of videos in the internet will be much higher.

Regarding this "distasteful" restaurant... Seems, everything is only distasteful, if it gets noticed. Nobody is talking about the big shows near Pattaya 2nd Road and on Pattaya Nuea. Continuously running <deleted> shows with guy on girl, girl on girl and ladyboy on girl. Everyday, one can see bus loads of Asian tourists carted to these places.

Again a successful raid to clamp down distasteful behavior (or competition). It's no business, like show business !

Edited by BernieOnTour