LINE TV launches in Thailand

thai tech

LINE TV launches in Thailand

line-tv-700x336.jpg

LINE has launched a new YouTube style video service in Thailand.

The company, which is best known for its hugely popular instant messaging and chat app of the same name has launched LINE TV.

LINE TV is available on iOS, Android or via the web and includes a host of popular TV shows and music videos from Thailand, Korea and Japan.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/line-tv-launches-thailand/4104/

Better voice quality then Skype and sounds better then 3G I give a 10 star rating

Are you talking about line to line voice quality or Line to phone abroad.

I haven't charged up any money yet, since I consider that Line crap the biggest intrusion on privacy I've ever known.

Any way to disable the contacts list as I get daily message of people who have added me to their friend list, but I don't have an idea who they are, as you can only see their Line name but not their phone number, so I wonder how they add me to their contact list.

Direct call or video chat

People find you over the Phonenumber that you use to register to the service

Damn, saw your reply too late, have now wasted a whole 32 Baht to try out their premium call over the next few days. Will report back how the quality compares to Skype.

Line? That rubbish chat app for toddlers?

Rumour has it it has very nice images. You may want to find a more modern version of your avatar rolleyes.gif

No Line is real crap, transferred images lose all quality and become blurry, Line is popular amongst Asian kids hence the weird 'stickers' and silly games it offers. Try Viber instead, made in Europe (Cyprus/Spain) and sold to a Japanese company, also a desktop version. Viber saves me monthly at least $100 on calling cost, always excellent quality of free calls.

• Like 1

Direct call or video chat

People find you over the Phonenumber that you use to register to the service

Damn, saw your reply too late, have now wasted a whole 32 Baht to try out their premium call over the next few days. Will report back how the quality compares to Skype.

Just made my first call to a landline in Europe using Line Premium call. Audio quality was considerably better than Skype or any of the other VOIP services I have used so far.

Of course it can be a one time event, and will have to find out in the next few weeks, but at 3.2 Baht for a 4.2 minute call also not killing the bank.