New Restaurant at the top of Suthep Road

JulieM

Do tell what happened to the Pun-Pun and what is the relationship between the new occupant and the old one? Is the new one supported by the Condo complex for up-county modern, so the old style must vacate?

I looked for the pun-pun last week, obviously gone. I would never go such an ordinary place as what took it's place. It's yuppie.

And as far as offering 'support' to a restaurant, only the food really counts. Only girls really look at the toilets.

Do tell what happened to the Pun-Pun and what is the relationship between the new occupant and the old one? Is the new one supported by the Condo complex for up-county modern, so the old style must vacate?

I looked for the pun-pun last week, obviously gone. I would never go such an ordinary place as what took it's place. It's yuppie.

And as far as offering 'support' to a restaurant, only the food really counts. Only girls really look at the toilets.

I'm pretty sure the new occupant has no relationship with Pun Pun. The Condo complex -- I have no idea. You'd have to ask her. I really doubt a landlord would force Pun Pun to vacate. They had trouble keeping staff at that location. That might have been one reason they left.

You'd care about the toilets if you needed to sit down on one and it was out of order. Trust me. Man or woman, you'd care.

• Like 1

location and menu counts too. no way i am going there/that far out, on a random chance to try seafood. only would have interest to yuppies and past it farang women not retired farang without transport. only place i am willing to eat thai seafood is somewhere like samui or phiphi where you know it is fresh and from a clean ocean

Edited by rabid old goat

FYI this is not a seafood-specific. I recall seeing pork steaks, ribs, etc on the menu.

But yes, I had a pasta dish. The owner told me in advance she had only squid and mussels since she had not been able to procure any decent shrimp.

Lots of places in town offer seafood as fresh as you can get it on Samui, or nearly so. They fly it in daily.

• Like 1

So if "only the food really counts" then if it's yuppie, hipster, hi-so or low-so shouldn't matter.

"I would never go such an ordinary place as what took it's place", must be a review of the food you ate there as that it's the only thing that should matter according to you.

• Like 2

"Only girls really look at the toilets. "

Well I must have had a Gender change, For I do appreciate a decent Bog.

​Think the best Bog, in a town restaurant, must be in the Olive Tree, just down from John's Place.

An other place up Suthep of interest to "Foodies" must be 'Steak Dr' located Suthep Alley soi 3, quite full the last time I passed.

john

Edited by jonwilly
  • Like 1

location and menu counts too. no way i am going there/that far out, on a random chance to try seafood. only would have interest to yuppies and past it farang women not retired farang without transport.

They are 'past it' but your the one who cant manage transport..

Pun Pun are still at Wat Suan Dok (Suthep Rd) and behind Ton Payom Market. Not sure about the one near Airport Plaza on Hang Dong rd, was closed last time i checked.

About 2 weeks ago there was no Pun Pun at Wat Suan Dok anymore. Or maybe there change location...