housewarming gift

poptop

My brother, the cheeky <deleted> gave us a big gift wrapped pack of 36 rolls of toilet paper and a dunny brush. He even tied a ribbon around it.

Oddly enough we got the same, evidently we are related smile.png

We received everything from the above, through assorted clocks, to a very nice wall hanging of grazing elephants.

All was 'home' related.

• Like 1

Usually when I have attended house warming parties, Thai and farangs, I buy a decent wall clock, a good name such as Seiko always goes down well and are popular, something a house holder would be proud to display in the home.

They start from about 600 baht up to many prices.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

You give money up to you how much , for you being a western can be from 500 thai bht to 1,000 thai bht it goes in to book who the new house own has and the next time if you build a home he will come to your home and do the same but the money will be a little bit more of what you gave .

You give money up to you how much , for you being a western can be from 500 thai bht to 1,000 thai bht it goes in to book who the new house own has and the next time if you build a home he will come to your home and do the same but the money will be a little bit more of what you gave .

Really? No one gave me money or ever has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes really that is how it is done were I come from when I am in thailand not sure we're you are from and how it is done from were you come from .

And maybe your are not up with it how things go on in some thai villagers

Try to find a gift that has no dislike risk. Decorative things are out. Maybe something practical, toaster, juicer, toolbox etc.

Also a good bottle of wine or booze would be appropriate. Failing that try some nice potted plant or a great food basket.