Buying Genuine Motorbike Parts In Thailand.

Vogele123

Any of you guys here that need a painless way of buying genuine parts for your bike would really do well to take a look at "Absolute Motorcycle Parts" (not sure if the link is allowed mods - http://www.absolutemotorcycleparts.com/)

I am fed up at getting the runaround from so called dealers here - Honda Big Wing (Chiang Mai) cannot even reply with a sensible response to a simple query as to whether they can get hold of a Honda CBR handle bar, they reply with a telephone number for their local Niyom Panich whose service is a disgrace!

Rang them and was told that there was no one to answer a question about parts as they were all at lunch! (City Centre Branch).

Asked again about the parts, they replied with their head office telephone number for the Chiang Mai Niyom Panich with 3 extension numbers - when I called with the COMPLETE Honda part number, but was unable to find the Thai word for "Clip On Handlebars, and asked for it in English they said "English" and then promptly hung up on me!

Anyway, these guys at absolute motorcycle parts provide a great service (and no, I have no affiliation with them) Just type in your part numbers and you get prices that are way cheaper than you will get at your local dealer, even here in Thailand!

The only difficulty is that you need the Honda Part numbers, (They do Kawasaki and Suzuki too but I haven't tried ordering anything from those)

As an example, I needed a new set of fork seals, these are anything upwards of about 20 USD online. These guys are selling the Honda seal sets for 11 bucks for a pair! (You do need to order a few bits as the shipping is about 15 dollars, but it is originating here in Thailand so you pay no import charges)

I also needed a front mudguard for the MSX Grom, it is over 150 dollars on line before shipping, they sell it for less than 20 bucks!

For me this is a no brainer, my parts I ordered a week or so ago are now on there way via EMS with a tracking number.

So for anyone with a bike frustrated at trying to get some service from the local dealers, give these guys a try - I will never waste my time trying to buy locally when I can just order exactly what I need from home - and not pay extorted import taxes.

Like I say, I am not connected to these guys, (they are farangs I believe, and are EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't know the part numbers, E mail them and they get back to you in less than an hour) So if it helps any of you out great!

Edited by Vogele123

A lot of Honda parts catalogs for Thai models are available online. Used to have the link, not anymore.

I have a couple of parts manuals, CBR250R & ABS version, MSX / Grom. I also have some of the shop manuals for servicing and if anyone needs a copy let me know I can send them to you in PDF format.

There is a load of info here too!

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php

Edited by Vogele123

My guess is that their target market is owners of Thai manufactured bikes outside Thailand.

Perhaps worth considering if you own a Grom in the USA or an Innova in Europe.

I tried their parts search out on Honda part numbers and got a one in three hit rate. On the one part number where I got a result they were not competitive. US$54 for a headlamp bulb (including post). No way!

I just go into my main Honda Wing dealership parts department and ask for the part. If there is misunderstanding they just get the parts book for the bike and I look through until I find it.. so easy!

In this world of today one appreciates the choice of looking at this information by itself without any leg work, since it is not a state secret. Also the parts catalogs carries the prices on which one can decide if a replacement is worth do to, etc.

Well, I am all about being honest and so here is my update.

I placed a second order today and have been totally let down. I placed the order with these guys at about 4pm for a load of Honda bits and about 5 minutes ago after accepting payment they now send me an e mail saying that they cannot complete the order!

My Paypal has been refunded, so I guess that is one thing.

Bit of a shitter really as I thought that this was the real deal, looks like we need to look elsewhere! So there you go you live and learn!

Pissed off?

You bet!

My reliable source has just turned to crap!

Edited by Vogele123

I placed a second order today and have been totally let down. I placed the order with these guys at about 4pm for a load of Honda bits and about 5 minutes ago after accepting payment they now send me an e mail saying that they cannot complete the order!

Bit of a shitter really as I thought that this was the real deal, looks like we need to look elsewhere! So there you go you live and learn!

Pissed off?

You bet!

What did you ordered? Of parts from any catalog (bike or cars of any make), probably only a 30% can be supplied, that is important parts, not bolts, plastic thingies, etc. These are there for completeness only but it can't be obtained, as the factory would never ship them. Some parts may be occasionally be available as special order. If a dealer is not official then forget about, they can just get the so called "fast movers" as wholesale.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Pissed off?

You bet!

What did you ordered? Of parts from any catalog (bike or cars of any make), probably only a 30% can be supplied, that is important parts, not bolts, plastic thingies, etc. These are there for completeness only but it can't be obtained, as the factory would never ship them. Some parts may be occasionally be available as special order. If a dealer is not official then forget about, they can just get the so called "fast movers" as wholesale.

Yep, little bits and pieces, bolts, oil seals, filters gaskets, that kind of thing. They just suddenly turned around and said they could no longer get them! I would have thought that Honda would have held stock for 5 years or more. Seems crazy eh! My first order had a lot of little bits and pieces too, so not really sure what has gone wrong. Like I say, the Paypal has been refunded so they are not crooks, but it is a bit disappointing on the second order to have it cancelled and now have to go scraping amongst the Thai dross dealers for a handlebar! Bugger! It was all the fiddly little bits you need to finish the job, seriously feel let down especially after recommending these guys - looks like we will all have to put up with the crap service from Niyom Panich! They are a decent bunch of lads, I think they just got furked over by Honda Thailand! shame really but it looks like they were not in the big league. Probably tread on some yellow shirt piece of turds coat tails and didn't pay the alimony!

Edited by Vogele123

Yep, little bits and pieces, bolts, oil seals, filters gaskets, that kind of thing.

I think what they have realized is that they don't make money selling bits. The time and aggravation of stocking and getting cheap parts is not worth the small profit. It's the same with brick and mortar shops, only the biggest ones that put reputation ahead of anything get these parts. Others are there just to make a quick buck.

Vogele123, on 13 Feb 2015 - 16:51, said:
paz, on 13 Feb 2015 - 16:46, said:

A lot of Honda parts catalogs for Thai models are available online. Used to have the link, not anymore.

I have a couple of parts manuals, CBR250R & ABS version, MSX / Grom. I also have some of the shop manuals for servicing and if anyone needs a copy let me know I can send them to you in PDF format.

There is a load of info here too!

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php

Thanks for the link. I found a wiring diagram for my Honda C70. smile.png