renting my condo, question about do i need to provide tv /internet ?

Thanks i will hope to rent short term for a better profit through a local agent . Pay agent 30% but if i get 2000 baht per night then i think that would be ok i will provide tv and internet . If im renting long term obviously i dont want to be paying internet and tv charges if condo is sitting idle. I will also be using multiple agents throughout pattaya. The condo is not complete but is in ccr developement central pattaya. I think its a good location to everywhere and 2 min walk to soi buakao . 5 min walk to pattaya kland big c. How much could i get a years internet plus tv for ? Not top deal but something that would keep any short term renter happy. Thanks

2'000 per night... 60K per month... for that I can rent a house with private pool... for that money I would expect >150sqm with a huge balcony with my private jacuzzi on it and full residence service...

Thanks i will hope to rent short term for a better profit through a local agent . Pay agent 30% but if i get 2000 baht per night then i think that would be ok i will provide tv and internet . If im renting long term obviously i dont want to be paying internet and tv charges if condo is sitting idle. I will also be using multiple agents throughout pattaya. The condo is not complete but is in ccr developement central pattaya. I think its a good location to everywhere and 2 min walk to soi buakao . 5 min walk to pattaya kland big c. How much could i get a years internet plus tv for ? Not top deal but something that would keep any short term renter happy. Thanks

2'000 per night... 60K per month... for that I can rent a house with private pool... for that money I would expect >150sqm with a huge balcony with my private jacuzzi on it and full residence service...

short time lets is risky so ive been told, i have been told by 3 agents allready i could get 2-2500 baht per night short term let. some hotel in pattaya yes are 2000 a night but what do you get there ? i would be happy just to rent long term 20-25k per month which again i have been told by various agents i could get. then again i do not know, this is my first condo .

short time lets is risky so ive been told, i have been told by 3 agents allready i could get 2-2500 baht per night short term let. some hotel in pattaya yes are 2000 a night but what do you get there ? i would be happy just to rent long term 20-25k per month which again i have been told by various agents i could get. then again i do not know, this is my first condo .

Let us know how you get on. I don't know any long termers who would pay 20-25k, but I guess they must be out there somewhere.

Let us know how you get on. I don't know any long termers who would pay 20-25k, but I guess they must be out there somewhere.

There is lots of 'long termers' out there willing to pay 20-25K a month, they will be fully aware of what they want and where they want it, if you have it available it won't be on the market long.

I've had one condo in a nice area for 4 years now, it's been empty for a total of 3 weeks over that time and it's in the 20-25K price range, all 1 year leases.

Good luck with the current tourist numbers getting 2,600 THB per night

What you think is a good location may not be, especially during the rainy season and during the hot season most people don't walk anywhere

And you are not going to be able to afford to turn the electricity off for the time you don't have a renter, you will just have to pay the electric company's minimum charge when the condo is unoccupied. I also hope that you have made arrangements with the electric company for your own meter instead of buying electricity from the condo management. Water is usually supplied by the condo, for a fee and they also will not allow you to not pay when not used since they also will have a minimum usage fee

I will let others here tell you the horror stories about "local agents" and absentee landlords

And don't forget if you are going to be doing nightly rentals you have to line up someone to do the cleaning

One thing that has occurred to me over the last few days, Thais are able to buy these new condos cheaper than farang, so maybe they will rent for less also, so harder for farang to compete. Maybe in practice it's different?

Does a renter care if the owner is Paul or Pu? All he cares about is the location and what room is like for the money asked.

One thing that has occurred to me over the last few days, Thais are able to buy these new condos cheaper than farang, so maybe they will rent for less also, so harder for farang to compete. Maybe in practice it's different?

Does a renter care if the owner is Paul or Pu? All he cares about is the location and what room is like for the money asked.
Exactly, so thais will have the advantage over farang. And so they should I guess.

Exactly, so thais will have the advantage over farang. And so they should I guess.

Of course they are going to have an advantage, they pay less to purchase, since they don't have to be in the farang quota, so can charge less to a renter and they probably won't use an agent @ 30% so another savings for the renter

I posted earlier in this thread that there are apples and oranges in the large number of condos going up in CM and that maybe 90% of units are very small about 30-32 sqm and aimed at the Thai market many ads not even in English.

A friend said exactly the same thing to me last evening and gave a cinvincing reason.

He said they're priced so that the repayments on a home loan are no more than 10.000per month.

Well, bearing in mind that average set aside back in the west for housing is a third of income I reckon an awful lot of Thais, especially younger with half decent jobs,e can afford this, especially as a couple.

In retrospect I think considerably more than 90% are these small economy units. I can only think of a few condos offering larger units and these don't have anywhere near the same number of rooms in the building.

I posted earlier in this thread that there are apples and oranges in the large number of condos going up in CM and that maybe 90% of units are very small about 30-32 sqm and aimed at the Thai market many ads not even in English.

A friend said exactly the same thing to me last evening and gave a cinvincing reason.

He said they're priced so that the repayments on a home loan are no more than 10.000per month.

Well, bearing in mind that average set aside back in the west for housing is a third of income I reckon an awful lot of Thais, especially younger with half decent jobs,e can afford this, especially as a couple.

In retrospect I think considerably more than 90% are these small economy units. I can only think of a few condos offering larger units and these don't have anywhere near the same number of rooms in the building.

Developers and their financing banks think only short-term, time frame not beyond completion and transferring titles.

What would happen to the couple and their two kids 5-7 years into the future, when the mortgage repayment is sized to be below Bt10k for 30 years, and the market has only such small units.

Who needs TV - there is Internet access.

exactly, i just bought an android box in pattaya , took it back to uk and now its working fine ( 7500 baht ) i will buy one of these and put into condo , presuming wifi is half decent off course , if not then renter buys his internet per month himself, i

think thats the way to go .