New Honda Jazz

Spaniel

This afternoon I just purchased a new Jazz from the Honda dealer in Minburi, Bangkok. I'm posting this info for anyone who may be considering a new Jazz to compare the deal I got to what your dealer may be offering. I'm happy with the deal but you may be able get better, probably not on the price but additional extras. I ordered the top model, SV, white color, B 739,000 Here are the extras they included:

1. Insurance, one year

2. Leather seats

3. Shark fin antennae

4. Window film

5. Rain guards, window

6. Spoiler

7. Floor mats

8. Liscense plate frame

9. Trunk tray, plastic

10. Inside front door floor protector

11. Owners manual in English

12. Assorted pillows, umbrella etc.

Edited by Spaniel

• 5 months later...

List price is 749k so a 10k discount, not falling over themselves to discount despite all the doom and gloom over car sales I keep reading!

Was that the price for cash? Does paying cash make a difference to buying on finance or by card, guessing they will charge you for using the latter, this being Thailand and all.

Ace will be running to his nearest Jazz dealer and demanding a refund on his - he didn't get the shark fin antenna lol

I've never used the radio once, either in my new Triton or the old D Max. never even tuned it into a station. I play DVD's with MP3 music, which gives me countless hours of static and ad free music, music of my choice. If I want even more music I can play via a USB stick, which would allow me to drive to Chiang Mai and back a couple of times without hearing the same song twice.

List price is 749k so a 10k discount, not falling over themselves to discount despite all the doom and gloom over car sales I keep reading!

Was that the price for cash? Does paying cash make a difference to buying on finance or by card, guessing they will charge you for using the latter, this being Thailand and all.

Dealers prefer finance not cash as more profit for them

Plenty of Thais just walk in and book a car without a test drive. Some don't even bother to negotiate. T an H have no real problems shifting stock s they are not very aggressive in their discounts. Ford and other second tier brands are a bit better at this. The fiesta was selling poorly until their big discount came about. Despite this, they are still behind the leaders in terms of sales. The jazz is a good car and has very good resale, for at least a couple more years. At that time many cars from the first car buyer program will come into the market and no doubt depress second hand prices.

Ace will be running to his nearest Jazz dealer and demanding a refund on his - he didn't get the shark fin antenna lol

I've never used the radio once, either in my new Triton or the old D Max. never even tuned it into a station. I play DVD's with MP3 music, which gives me countless hours of static and ad free music, music of my choice. If I want even more music I can play via a USB stick, which would allow me to drive to Chiang Mai and back a couple of times without hearing the same song twice.

I've never put a disc in a car, let alone used the radio, ever since cars had bluetooth audio wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I've never put a disc in a car, let alone used the radio, ever since cars had bluetooth audio wink.png

Yeah, it does require a lot of effort. Same with a USB stick, put the stick in and damn, have to put another stick in after a month of listening to unrepeated music. Life is so hard.sad.png

If you pay in cash, for any car in stock, on the last days of the month, you may get a discount and everything you want in some dealers. Most have a monthly quote to achieve or a reward for monthly sales...

I got the same you got when I bought my Jazz last year...but later I found out that you may get a lot more buying any car seated on expo shows, even Big C or Central Plaza, with a lot of extras...If you do like the model and color in expo, may get a very good deal!

Congrats!...The Jazz is a great car!

Edited by BKResort

Actually I misquoted my purchase price. The price, including front airbags, was B745,000, cash. Obviously if you finance you will pay whatever the finance charges are. Some offer 0 (zero) percent but nfot sure if that is available on the Jazz.

Why do English say Congrats about someones new Car. Its not as if they Designed n Built it. In fact they need consoling having to buying one .here...

Why do people say congratulations when you marry? They should be offering their sympathies.

I have never used the radio either. My comment was about getting the shark fin antennae rather then the whip type. See pic.

post-11958-0-91119600-1439360576_thumb.j

If you pay in cash, for any car in stock, on the last days of the month, you may get a discount and everything you want in some dealers. Most have a monthly quote to achieve or a reward for monthly sales...

I got the same you got when I bought my Jazz last year...but later I found out that you may get a lot more buying any car seated on expo shows, even Big C or Central Plaza, with a lot of extras...If you do like the model and color in expo, may get a very good deal!

Congrats!...The Jazz is a great car!

That time of the month huh?

I'm told that the sales for T & H are way down (minus 40%) despite what others say.

I bought a Accord Navi last week and received besides the goodies 30.000 Baht discount.

First they offered 15.000 Baht and when my wife called the day after and demanded another 15.000 Baht discount they agreed within minutes.

Maybe i had to ask for more discount. Lol

I'm told that the sales for T & H are way down (minus 40%) despite what others say.

I bought a Accord Navi last week and received besides the goodies 30.000 Baht discount.

First they offered 15.000 Baht and when my wife called the day after and demanded another 15.000 Baht discount they agreed within minutes.

Maybe i had to ask for more discount. Lol

I'm always interested in tracking Honda prices, having owned only Honda's the past 15 years. So hopefully you can provide a few more details concerning your purchase. Exactly what did you pay and what model and color? Goodies? and did you get the first year insurance? Was this in Bangkok, if not, where?

I bought Gray Accord 2.0 Navi in Phuket.

List price is 1.419000 Baht but received 30.000 Baht discount on list price. (Paid 1.389000 Baht)

Free Goodies,

Car cover

Trunk protector,

Film

Door rain deflector.

Floor mats

Free registration

License plate frame

5 Year maintenance program. (only pay for parts)

3 Year free car clean & waxing program. ( every 3 month clean and wax )

1 year interest free finance plan. (I put the full car price money on bank account with interest and use minimum 1 year interest free finance plan.)

I'd say you got the standard "good deal". The one thing you didn't get was the first year insurance and I think that explains the B30,000 discount. Earlier this year I purchased a new Jazz for myself and in September last year a new CRV for my wife. We got the free insurance for both cars but no cash discount. I guess the decider on how good of a deal you got is how much you paid for insurance? Usually if you ask nicely they will throw in stuff like pillows, umbrella, key chain, Honda shirts.

Edited by Spaniel

• 2 months later...

Appreciate some insight into the 'leather option' on new Honda 2015 Jazz. The Honda dealers say there are 3 grades of leather: 1) A Grade 2) Honda Factory OEM 3) Cheap grade. Obviously, as a salesman spins the tale, the A grade is the best quality :) Cost was 8000THB (or value they claim)

Now on inspection of a vehicle at the back of a dealer it seems this 'leather option' is a dealer after market job. I sighted one brand new undelivered Jazz having this 'leather' upholstery being fitted by two guys on the warehouse floor. Remove the original and reskin with vinyl - seats and door trim.

Has anyone come across the Honda OEM leather trim? (fyi its all vinyl). I ask because no 3 dealers could show samples of the leather trim variants.

Also has anybody got a clue what a tradein is worth: Honda Jazz 2004, 240,000km, full Honda service history, CV auto box, black colour, zero accident history, new tyres, struts, shocks and usual wear and tear. CV box is fine but getting a bit noisy and shudders on incline when cold.

Appreciate some insight into the 'leather option' on new Honda 2015 Jazz. The Honda dealers say there are 3 grades of leather: 1) A Grade 2) Honda Factory OEM 3) Cheap grade. Obviously, as a salesman spins the tale, the A grade is the best quality smile.png Cost was 8000THB (or value they claim)

Now on inspection of a vehicle at the back of a dealer it seems this 'leather option' is a dealer after market job. I sighted one brand new undelivered Jazz having this 'leather' upholstery being fitted by two guys on the warehouse floor. Remove the original and reskin with vinyl - seats and door trim.

Has anyone come across the Honda OEM leather trim? (fyi its all vinyl). I ask because no 3 dealers could show samples of the leather trim variants.

Also has anybody got a clue what a tradein is worth: Honda Jazz 2004, 240,000km, full Honda service history, CV auto box, black colour, zero accident history, new tyres, struts, shocks and usual wear and tear. CV box is fine but getting a bit noisy and shudders on incline when cold.

When it comes to leather, AAA is the top grade. No idea what that dealer is fitting though.

I thought free insurance was standard on all new cars

Not all, but most. It's not offered as a freebe on the Wildtrak but I was offered a deal where I paid an extra 10k to get it (around 30k's worth) so I went with that, especially as we got 10k off the roller cover (just waiting for installation).

The leather trim I saw at different Bangkok dealers had different stitching to for example the Australian edition (which I assume is Honda OEM shown below). I am curious to know if a Honda OEM leather option exists at all or are the dealers spinning a tale

http://www.honda.com.au/content/dam/honda/cars/models/jazz/2014/gallery/sideView.jpg

If you can buy a current model Jazz in TH with OEM leather, that's news to me...

The leather trim I saw at different Bangkok dealers had different stitching to for example the Australian edition (which I assume is Honda OEM shown below). I am curious to know if a Honda OEM leather option exists at all or are the dealers spinning a tale

http://www.honda.com.au/content/dam/honda/cars/models/jazz/2014/gallery/sideView.jpg

If you can buy a current model Jazz in TH with OEM leather, that's news to me...

Faux Leather :) Definitely not cow hide.

Telephoned Honda HQ and customer service guy said there is NO OEM leather for any Jazz in TH to his knowledge. Said dealers are retrofitting cars with unknown seat trim. BUT a Honda faux leather is available for other markets and they will get back to me whether this is available on order.