Krabi to Koh Samui

wespat34

Hoping someone has information about a cheap car hire place in Krabi that will

let you take a car one way to Koh Samui without a huge fee for one way travel.

We are currently going to spend $100 aud on a taxi from the airport to the ferry,

but hate the fast driving of the Thai taxi drivers. So if anyone has a more independant way to

get there for around that price it would be greatly appreciated .

For less than a 1000 baht PP ... use one of the bigger buses (999 bus is one) that will include the ferry too... or look for an agent selling Lomprayah or Seatran ferry bus combo tickets...

Only companies like Avis, will do the one way rental, not sure if they have an outlet in Krabi... "mom and pop" rentals are not set up to get the vehicle returned to the original point of rental.

I would think a fee added on to a small car rental would be for someone to go pickup the vehicle ... but what about keys ?

Edited by samuijimmy

Just checked hertz and avis, way rental is possible for both company's provided there is an office on both ends. As cheap as transportation is here and as equally dangerous, do yourself a favor and arrange a cheap mode of transport from the ferry company. Or just fly into Samui

Just checked hertz and avis, way rental is possible for both company's provided there is an office on both ends. As cheap as transportation is here and as equally dangerous, do yourself a favor and arrange a cheap mode of transport from the ferry company. Or just fly into Samui

As I said, the international companies, would do. I was not sure if there were outlets in Krabi...wink.png

I do disagree about the highway roads on the mainland, most of the time out of the cities there is virtually no traffic...., making for very easy driving .... there is not much in the way of towns on the route, Surratthanni city one would not got near... Use Google maps! wink.png