Thai lady parking

WonnabeBiker

Yesterday, the underground parking was full. My driver boxed in some other car and said she couldn't put her gear in N, because then she couldn't lock the doors.

What?!? Maybe the other driver will have to go to work early in the morning?

She would be risking acts of vandalism or some other repercussions.

Me, I would be hopping mad if some ass.... would box me in like this, then not even leave a phone number to call.

What do you think?

What kind of car is she driving?

As far as I am aware, all automatics currently sold in Thailand have an override button, so that the vehicle can be left in Neutral after the car is parked.

The locking of the doors will not be affected by this.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

As far as I am aware, all automatics currently sold in Thailand have an override button, so that the vehicle can be left in Neutral after the car is parked.

Does a V60 have this ? Malaysian made.

Does a V60 have this ? Malaysian made.

After a quick Google it appears that Volvos are not set up with a shift interlock override, which for a vehicle sold into Thailand is a rarity.

Are you sure that the Volvo is what the OPs driver is driving?

A farang friend had a grey market Toyota van with automatic tranney, same problem, had to put the lever in PARK to lock the doors, which also locked the wheels.

FYI, I've found no particular difficulty with Thai parking at 90 deg to other cars at large parking lots, as long as the car is in neutral and hand brake not on. See this all the time at Future Park, Lotus, Don Muang T-2, etc, easy enough to handle. Plus at Future Park the guys working the parking area have access to heavy lift jacks for the happily pretty rare person who locks their brake or leaves the car in gear.

Mac

Thais are as inconsiderate about parking as they are about driving.

Me, me, me, is all they see.

Just this evening some brain dead soul parked their motorscooter directly behind me blocking me in....with the bike "locked" so you could not turn the front wheel.

Very unThai like of me....

I kicked it over, on to the ground, and then dragged it out of my way, then left it there on the ground.

Hey! I am not Thai, and don't pretend to be.

Maybe they got the message?