Sweet shop owner recognised for generosity

Thaivisa News

Loei:- A Thai traditional sweet shop in Loei has become a talk of the town especially among Facebook users after the shop’s sign has been spotted by a Facebook user. The sign says the elderly who are penniless can have free treat inside.

Jitra Phadungsak took a photo of the sign and posted it on her Facebook wall on Monday. Her post about the shop has received 726 likes and has been shared 115 times so far.

The sign, put on a power pole outside the shop, states: “Elderly people who have no money can eat all free here.” The shop has a Thai name as Kwanjai and English names as Coff & Cake Snack Bar. It is located in Loei’s Muang district.

In her post, Jitra said she has been frequent to the sweet shop and has not noticed the sign until Monday.

“I paused for a moment and I had to hold back my tears,” the post said. “If members of the Thai society have compassion toward one another – if they put what they think into action, we would have lived in peace definitely.”

“I would like to thank the owner of this sign for giving me strength for today,” the post added.

Her post was reported by Naew Na Online and shared by Kapook.com, a popular portal site.

Many Facebook users made comments under the post to praise and thank the shop.

“Where is the shop? If I pass by, I’ll pay extra for the sweets so that the shop can help the elderly,” Koi Yoothong commented.

But a Facebook user, Ana Bor, was skeptical, implying in his comment that the shop might want to seek publicity.

Jitra argued that the shop has been well-known in Loei and its sweets are very delicious so it needs not to seek publicity at all.

• Like 2

Yes there are some good people here in Thailand.

Not all people are out to screw others.

I have experienced some acts of kindness by Thai people since my return from hospital after my accident.

Poor people in my village, knowing my wife works have come to my home bringing me food e.t.c.

Helps restore my faith in people.

Every credit to this sweet shop for offering just a little kindness to older people.clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1