Thai Army dismisses socialite's military-themed birthday party

webfact

Causal I'd say most peole have a fair idea of what democracy is. Could they write you a thesis starting with its philosophical beginnings in ancient Greece? Probably not, but I bet they could tell you that their vote is their right and they vote for who they feel is best to govern, and at the end of that persons term if they feel that official has done well vote them again or try someone else. I think that With scandals exposed that Yingluck wouldn't of had a second term. But we will never know that now....

Democracy in the west had severe growing pains too, and yeah are nations are in NO way perfect, but we are over the constant meddling by waring powers. Thailand is going through this in the modern day where the mistakes from history can be learned from. The powers that be choose to ignore this and think they know what's best.

Chitpas hasn't got a clue or probably even a desire to know what a day for your average Thai is like. For me I feel she was condescending with her comments and some rural folks did react to it. That comment was mis guided at best to all out insulting at worst.

Causal I'd say most peole have a fair idea of what democracy is. Could they write you a thesis starting with its philosophical beginnings in ancient Greece? Probably not, but I bet they could tell you that their vote is their right and they vote for who they feel is best to govern, and at the end of that persons term if they feel that official has done well vote them again or try someone else. I think that With scandals exposed that Yingluck wouldn't of had a second term. But we will never know that now....

Democracy in the west had severe growing pains too, and yeah are nations are in NO way perfect, but we are over the constant meddling by waring powers. Thailand is going through this in the modern day where the mistakes from history can be learned from. The powers that be choose to ignore this and think they know what's best.

Chitpas hasn't got a clue or probably even a desire to know what a day for your average Thai is like. For me I feel she was condescending with her comments and some rural folks did react to it. That comment was mis guided at best to all out insulting at worst.

Lil. That's kinda the point there is more to democracy than just the vote. But time and time again Yingluck is there saying my government came from the democracy vote, implying that WAS democracy and checks and balances didn't matter. Like the vote were they tell the opposition at 10pm that the vote will be tomorrow (you obviously think tomorrows session and go home) then they do the vote at 2.15am. Yep democracy!

As for her comment, yes it wasn't brilliant but honestly any group that instigates "RED Shirt" villages and have RED shirt political schools doesn't really understand democracy!

PS : it's. Casual not causal

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

Dear casual biker- when you try to put words in my mouth, please be a little more clever, okay?!

I am not saying they are uneducated bafoons, at all!

I am saying the education system is flawed beyond believe and "Singha Heiress" is part of the people, who keep it this way, who like it this way and who need it this way.

But as soon as the discussion comes to democracy and voting, they come up with the talking point of the uneducated masses!

THAT is the double standard and the gigantic hipocracy!

Lil. That's kinda the point there is more to democracy than just the vote. But time and time again Yingluck is there saying my government came from the democracy vote, implying that WAS democracy and checks and balances didn't matter. Like the vote were they tell the opposition at 10pm that the vote will be tomorrow (you obviously think tomorrows session and go home) then they do the vote at 2.15am. Yep democracy!

As for her comment, yes it wasn't brilliant but honestly any group that instigates "RED Shirt" villages and have RED shirt political schools doesn't really understand democracy!

PS : it's. Casual not causal

Yes there is more to Democracy than just the vote. Unfortunately without the vote you ain't got democracy.

Democracy definition as per the Big I am;

“If we have a government, if we have an interim constitution, if we have a cabinet, we have democracy.”

unfortunately he neglected the voting part.

Now about your assertion about telling opposition the vote will be tomorrow, yada, yada.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I presume you are referring to the vote on the Amnesty Bill. The bill that was debated for 19 hours and then the opposition walked out en masse having decided to boycott the vote - is that the incident you are talking about?

Edited by TheDiva

Dear casual biker- when you try to put words in my mouth, please be a little more clever, okay?!

I am not saying they are uneducated bafoons, at all!

I am saying the education system is flawed beyond believe and "Singha Heiress" is part of the people, who keep it this way, who like it this way and who need it this way.

But as soon as the discussion comes to democracy and voting, they come up with the talking point of the uneducated masses!

THAT is the double standard and the gigantic hipocracy!

Dear DM07

I'm not sure it was you I was aiming that at I think that was reference to something Lil said.

But I strongly disagree with this idea that the elite are trying to keep the masses stupid. It was after all the Suruyud government that increased minimum free education from P6 level to M3 (2007 constitution) so 12 years free education and then Abhisit's government extended that to 15 year's, to include books, uniform etc.

See link : https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=LvvnVIPAFpaGuATa0IGQAw&url=http://planipolis.iiep.unesco.org/upload/Thailand/Thailand_free_education.pdf&ved=0CCUQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNE8_vyxocsyOY9MkjoymaW32RGKrw&sig2=IHiFq1iS0Xlnxwu8orxyDw

Yingluck's government took away the free provisions to pay for the P1 Chinese tablets scheme (another scheme mired in controversy)

The Thai education system is a disaster but that's more to do with an inept ministry than anything else.

@Casualbiker. Just because a person can read and write doesn't necessarily mean they are not stupid.

The modern English word "stupid" has a broad range of applications, from being slow of mind (indicating a lack of intelligence, care or reason), dullness of feeling or sensation (torpidity, senseless, insensitivity), or lacking interest or point (vexing, exasperating). It can either imply a congenital lack of capacity for reasoning, or a temporary state of daze or slow-mindedness.

Literacy is traditionally understood as the ability to read and write.

Two different meanings so in reality a person who is literate may still be considered stupid.

Edited by ldiablo

@Casualbiker. Just because a person can read and write doesn't necessarily mean they are not stupid.

The modern English word "stupid" has a broad range of applications, from being slow of mind (indicating a lack of intelligence, care or reason), dullness of feeling or sensation (torpidity, senseless, insensitivity), or lacking interest or point (vexing, exasperating). It can either imply a congenital lack of capacity for reasoning, or a temporary state of daze or slow-mindedness.

Idiablo.. I know. I actually teach conversational English here I know exactly what stupid looks like! :-D

My point was that at least they only have themselves to blame, reading will ensure information is available if they actually wanted it!

Thailand is still a very verbal country, what they hear on the village speakers is what they believe, and yet some people poo poo the strength of the village phooyai (he's usually the one doing the telling)