Obama: US at war with those who have perverted Islam

webfact

How many times does the US have to get it's ass kicked for not understanding the actual problem. Convential warfare isn't going to work. Reminds me of the US revolution, but the US is now like the Red Coats, using the same ineffiective strategy over and over again. I'm sure the US Army brass is hoping that ISIS fighter will stand in the open and allow Apache helicopters to mow them down in the open, but darn, they just won't fight conventially. Personally I don't think this has anything to do with ISIS as a problem; it's just about destablizing ME/NA and anywhere else that won't play by Western rules and funnelling massive amounts of money into the coffer of defense contractors and those lucky corporations with contacts on Capital Hill who get the cushy sole-source contracts. Read guys like Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski, then you'll get an idea of the CFR et.al. mindset. Or think what you like. At least try to have an informed opinion though.

Now, where's my coffee. coffee1.gif Not my worry unless it spills over into our neighborhood. Think we'll see 'radical Buddhism' established before 'radical Islam' get's a toe-hold in Northern Thailand, at least if Nan province is any indication.

After reading your post a couple of time the shackles have fallen from my eyes. I can see so much clearer now. These naughty little boys of ISIS from Syria are just bored with with nothing else to do. So why not get some AK47s, rocket launchers. cigarette lighters, sharp knives and have some fun. So what if they round up Christians, Jews and anyone else they see fit and chop their heads off or burn them alive? They're just having a little innocent fun. So what if they want to take over Iraq? Not my worry. So what that they have moved into and want to take over Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, North Africa? Not my worry. So what if they move into Europe, Australia and Asia? So what if they raise their flag over the White House as they have proclaimed they would? Not my worry. I can have a delicious plate of khao mon gai and a cold Leo any time I want. Life is great. Let those naughty boys decapitate or burn alive all the infidels worldwide that won't convert to Islam. That is except Isaan of course.

While these misunderstood fellows are doing all the above fun things, we should insure all the defense contractors and those lucky corporations are brought to justice before they are beheaded or burned alive. They should all be locked up awaiting their judgement from Allah.

Connda I trust you realize sarcasm when you read it. I also trust that you know little or nothing about the ISIS organization itself. How it is growing by over ten thousand a day world wide, their recruitment campaign on Twitter in more than seven languages and on two websites which can easily be found by using Google. For your reading pleasure and enlightenment of this nasty bunch you can go to the link below if you so choose.

I'm not worried at the moment about these barbarians invading Isaan but I am concerned and sorrowful for all the innocent people that are being slaughtered by them.

http://news.yahoo.com/terror-inc---how-the-islamic-state-became-a-branding-behemoth-034732792.html

Then I'm assuming you have the answer as to how to stop the global killing spree and establish world peace? And I'm not even being sarcastic. What's the plan? Show me all the military success that the US and NATO have had in police actions (undeclared wars) since the end of WWII, and by military success I mean campaigns that have turned the hearts and minds of the "insurgents" and have established stable democracies where before chaos reined. North Korea? Vietnam? Somalia? Middle East? Iraq? North Africa? Libya? Afghanistan? Palestine? The Baltics? Sub-saharan Africa? Nicaragua? Cuba? Laos? Give me some concrete examples of where superior military force projected against a "guerrilla-style insurgency" has created stable democracies since after WWII that continued into this day an age? I'm sure there are plenty of examples? Right? (now I'm being sarcastic). Then if you want to start discussing domestic policies of Western countries, how about the establishment of Sharia Law and Muslim-only zones in Western countries. How stabilizing this that? Where do you think that exercise in political correctness is going to go, and why is it being allowed in the first place? If a ISIS flag goes up over the White House, it will only be because it was allowed to go up over the White House.

I think you completely missed my point. I'm just saying that most people don't see the big picture. Start here: The Grand Chessboard - American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives by Zbigniew Brzezinski. Or read one of Robert Gates' books. Or any books by members of the Council on Foreign Relations. Look into some history. Check the internet for references to The Great Game and The New Great Game.

I'm just amazed when the average Joe who gets their primary source of news though SkyNews or CNN think they have a clue of what's really going on in the world. Turn your TV off, throw your newspapers away, and read something written that is targeted for individuals with at least a high school, and preferably a university education. The main steam news outlets spew information that is targeted to an audience that has a six grade education. Is that how you see yourself?

Like a stated before, I'll respect your opinion (although I may not agree with it), just as long as it's an informed opinion. Vet you facts.

A book written about the US "policy and initiatives" by a person named Zbigniew Brzezinski haha you call that vetting?

So reading into your post....you are basically saying that the only way to get "vetted" information is through the internet and books?

Hahahah

A book written about the US "policy and initiatives" by a person named Zbigniew Brzezinski haha you call that vetting?

So reading into your post....you are basically saying that the only way to get "vetted" information is through the internet and books?

Hahahah

'a person named Zbigniew Brzezinski'

You just proved his point.

• Like 1

Indeed when declaring war against those who 'pervert' Islam it appears that seeding your counter-terrorism agencies with Muslim brotherhood suspected members is accepted strategy. The attempted cover up is so amateurish it makes Benghazi look polished.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/02/obama-appoints-muslim-brotherhood-linked-muslim-to-head-center-for-strategic-counterterrorism-communications

Scraping the bottom of the hate-monger barrel, aren't you? blink.png

Written by Robert Spencer, who, with Pamela Geller, were banned from entering the UK, in 2013, because their presence "would not be conducive to the public good"

'In an October 2010 news article, an investigative report by The Tennessean described Spencer as one of several individuals who "...cash in on spreading hate and fear about Islam." Tennessean investigation concluded "IRS filings from 2008 show that Robert Spencer earned $132,537 from the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and Horowitz pocketed over $400,000 for himself in just one year".

With all the hysteria being whipped up, he must have increased his haul, considerably.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Spencer_%28author%29#Controversies

Ah, the usual attempts to smear those who present facts you can't refute.

It is a FACT you have not refuted that Spencer makes pots of money from smearing Muslims.

Scraping the bottom of the hate-monger barrel, aren't you?

"Hate-mongers" who hate Islamic terrorism? As usual, you have it backwards. facepalm.gif

In an October 2010 news article, an investigative report by The Tennessean described Spencer as one of several individuals who "...cash in on spreading hate and fear about Islam."

Actually that is not true. In fact it is a dishonest SMEAR. His name was merely mentioned in an article about a number of so-called "Anti-Muslim Crusaders". There were no specific accusations about him, other than he earned $132,537 from the David Horowitz Freedom Center, a conservative nonprofit.

• Like 2

As you know Iraqi & Kurdish forces are preparing for retaking Mosul. I guess this action in the coming months will indicate their effectiveness & the timeline for the destruction of ISIS in Iraq. God only knows who will be willing to take on and destroy ISIS in Syria.

I guess there is a reason that this in the press.

US Reveals Mosul Assault Timing In Rare Move

http://news.sky.com/story/1430735/us-reveals-mosul-assault-timing-in-rare-move

Effectiveness of the Iraqi Army ? You are having a laugh, they are useless.

Perhaps you know better, but from my reading the failings in last year of the Iraqi foces was due to very poor political and officer leadership, plus corruption.

The current Iraqi military, from media reports, is improving in effectiveness, especially Iraqi Special Forces & Peshmerga who have sucessfully engaged with ISIS forces. As someone posted, its likely Mosul will suffer huge damage, as did places such as Kobane and Aleppo, in house to house fighting.

Edited by simple1

It is clear there is no simple solution, it's unfortunately a problem to stay for a very long time. It is sad that the Western world allowed Islam and with it extremism to feed on their grounds and become as strong as they are today.

Actually that is not true. In fact it is a dishonest SMEAR. His name was merely mentioned in an article about a number of so-called "Anti-Muslim Crusaders".

'so-called'?

"I welcome the home secretary's ban on Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer from entering the country. This is the right decision. The UK should never become a stage for inflammatory speakers who promote hate."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-23064355

As you know Iraqi & Kurdish forces are preparing for retaking Mosul. I guess this action in the coming months will indicate their effectiveness & the timeline for the destruction of ISIS in Iraq. God only knows who will be willing to take on and destroy ISIS in Syria.

I guess there is a reason that this in the press.

US Reveals Mosul Assault Timing In Rare Move

http://news.sky.com/story/1430735/us-reveals-mosul-assault-timing-in-rare-move

Effectiveness of the Iraqi Army ? You are having a laugh, they are useless.

Perhaps you know better, but from my reading the failings in last year of the Iraqi foces was due to very poor political and officer leadership, plus corruption.

The current Iraqi military, from media reports, is improving in effectiveness, especially Iraqi Special Forces & Peshmerga who have sucessfully engaged with ISIS forces. As someone posted, its likely Mosul will suffer huge damage, as did places such as Kobane and Aleppo, in house to house fighting.

I would say I do know better. The reasons that you list are part of the problem. The main issue however, is due to how they come to be in the IA. Friends, family and tribal all at the fore.

Soldiering ability is last on the pecking order. That includes their so called SF. It is an insult to the Peshmerga to use the phrase '' Iraqi Forces in the same sentence as the Peshmerga.

No doubt that Mosul, by the way, a wonderful City, will suffer huge damage. This will be caused by the IA's mediocrity rather than their ability to conduct FIBUA.

The main point regarding my post revealing the timescale for the planned attack. Why was it revealed ? It is apparent that IS are very good at using the Media, why broadcast something in the Media beforehand ? Seems to me to be forewarning to either boost their defences or get out of Mosul before the operation.

Agreed.

It's a figure that however makes the point the vast majority of 'em want peace and prosperity.

Maybe it's 80% or possibly it's 70% but I'm not going to quibble with myself or others as I make the vital point, so the 99% figure will have to do and it does indeed suffice. I don't usually try to quantify it however because it can be and is amorphous.

Prez Obama is calling out that ephemeral and ever elusive social classification called the "moderate Muslim." I have no doubt such a beast exists as I spent a lot of time around them in the Thai South where every ninth person I met was Muslim and they treated me very well.

They don't like others knowing their lives, how they live their lives...how they worship and the things they do when they worship. My Muslim friends did invite me to a mosque service and I learned a lot without any proselytizing but they remain reserved and too insular. (Reminds me of many Germans I've met here...Dutch too btw.)

It's understandable then the ignorance against them is mammoth so there remains a lot of work for everyone to do.

How do you propose the 16,000,000 Muslims you have just declared as terrorists be annihilated?

For the mathematically impaired that's one percent of the 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world.

Your vast experience living in a Muslim community is with one in nine being Muslim? When you get up to one in ten thousand, let us know.

Edit in: I notice you have now raised your estimate of Islamic terrorists to 1.1 %. We now have to figure out how to annihilate 17,600.000 terrorists.

We're gonna need a battle plan and ROEs.

In my post #29 (as of this post) I also said 99.9% of Muslims globally.

What's your calculator have of that as a raw number?

My rhetorically speculative numbers and percentages have since been modified by others, to include downward to 50%, to the point of our now having the post above.

The numbers nonsense going anally literal and silly can go on interminably....

I'd rather not thx.

OK, you have now reduced the necessary number of deaths to a more manageable 1,600,000.

May I suggest that we have an Islamic terrorist wild west round up and drive them all into one very large, yet deserted, part of the world.

We could then annihilate them at our convenience with the least amount of ordinance being released.

Now that's what I call a plan.

laugh.png

A poster thinks I don't do my own math or I can't do my own math.

The poster proves the point I make in my most recent posts that trying to quantify in specific numerical terms the number of terrorists or supporters of terrorists is doable.

And that it might be doable whether we're talking in terms that are global or in terms that might apply to a general public discussion forum.

cheesy.gif

clap2.gif

The main steam news outlets spew information that is targeted to an audience that has a six grade education. Is that how you see yourself?

Actually, that is not true. It is said that the language is simplified to that level to improve readability, but in reality that would be mostly the sports section and such. The language in the world news section and politics is usually on a high school and college level.

Whose world news section and politics and whose high school and college, Fox News, Breitbart, and North Paradise Christian School, then Bob Jones University cheesy.gif

Obama rejects as 'ugly lie' notion that West at war with Islam
(Reuters) - "U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday urged countries to tackle violent Islamist militancy around the world and rejected as "an ugly lie" suggestions that the West was at war with Islam and embroiled in a clash of civilizations.

Obama said there was a complicated history between the Middle East and the West and no one should be immune from criticism over specific policies."

Obama is out of his mind. How in the heck do we fight extremists with a POTUS who won't recognize a deadly and encroaching Worldwide religious threat?

There is a war and it is primarily against a tiny number of militants from the Islamic world augmented by some fanatics from the West who have joined them.

The war is not against a billion Muslims and 2+ billion Christians.

It's created by a small number of militant fanatics on both sides with the vast mass of the rest of us situated and positioned in a broad middle.

The Mad Max stuff is exactly that...it's lunacy.

(Reuters) - "U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday urged countries to tackle violent Islamist militancy around the world and rejected as "an ugly lie" suggestions that the West was at war with Islam and embroiled in a clash of civilizations.

Obama said there was a complicated history between the Middle East and the West and no one should be immune from criticism over specific policies."

Obama is out of his mind. How in the heck do we fight extremists with a POTUS who won't recognize a deadly and encroaching Worldwide religious threat?

There is a war and it is primarily against a tiny number of militants from the Islamic world augmented by some fanatics from the West who have joined them.

It's created by a small number of militant fanatics on both sides with the vast mass of the rest of us situated and positioned in a broad middle.

Good fences make good neighbors. Tearing down the fences and MAKING people integrate goes against our inherent, bloodletting species. Doing this to build up a solid base of constituants (or whatever else they have in mind) will only set people at each other's throats... I guarantee it, and so does history.

This is a war that simply does not need to be, but forcing different races and cultures and ideals into one pot and expecting it to have one flavor is lunacy.

Filling people's heads with false ideals and telling them they are better than they are, without them going out and earning that, or entitling them with govenment immunity and supportive laws to racially profile those who DO and HAVE earned their right to entitlement, and simply DO NOT LIKE to be put at the end of the queue to make way for Obama's children isn't going to cut the mustard.

Who cares if Islam is perverted or not? It does not matter. I am saying that religion does not matter here and wonder why this is even a discussion. Oh... I forgot, the government and the people of the United States of America once again left the front door open, and this idiot has wandered out into the world and is uttering idiotic things and endeavoring to be everyone's bestest pal in the world with special attention to the blacks, Muslims and illegal immigrants... he has entirely forgotten his duty and his people he serves.

This worthless idiot is more worried about making friends and offending his ancestry, preaching from a Minbar and the color of people's skin (with particular attention to one specifically) than putting aside religious views and issues that lead to no good end, and instead being a servant to the Constitution of the United States of America, and to serve "We The People".

He needs to address countries as countries and without reference to religion. He is a statesman, not a prophet or Imam or anything else. He needs to set the standard and demonstrate to leaders around the world where that standard lies, and in no uncertain terms get it across that he will not budge. He needs to stop meddling in other people's stupid, idiot fancies, and let them sort it out, whether or not people die. I am certain the man is not unfamiliar with people dying, as he condones it and funds it on other issues. But I digress.

Islam will sort itself out, but if a fence isn't built then Islam and everything else will force its will upon any house divided. The USA is just that at the moment; Divided... and I blame it directly on the man who sits at the desk where the Buck stops. The trouble with that is that I fear a mysterious stranger occupies that chair at the moment. No one knows who he is, but it is beginning to become apparent who he is not.

It's not about religion, people. This should not even be an issue, but the so-called POTUS has made it one. He has wasted valued time and countless billions of dollars and so many resources that could have been better used had he simply followed his oath of office. But no... he now has the world focusing on his golf game, issues with entitled, rioting blacks, investigations into every chief department under his command (DoJ, IRS, etc.), illegal immigrants and of all things... Islam.

It is either the Peter Principle or this guy really is heart set on destroying a country.

Another set of views I have about this, and again... apologies to those who do not agree.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

Obamas speech is designed to unite the good people of the world and exclude the Extremist Muslims. US is working 24/7 to erradicate intolerant religious groups all over the world with their allies. He is talking politely but he still is carrying a big stick. Standby

Man oh man. You can fool some of the people all the time................

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Even if the premise they are hate speakers were true, which I don't accept, there is a clear double standard in the UK where anyone perceived as being far right is quickly muzzled. Whereas Muslims routinely get away with preaching hate in the Universities and their (forward command centers) Mosques.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/04/universities-must-not-host-hardline-islamist-extremists/

Very early on, it was incomprehensible as to why these speakers were/are allowed to operate. There are no shortage of laws on the books that could have been used to shut them down and throw them out. The conspiratorial-minded might be forgiven for thinking the gubmint WANTED to keep these guys up front and centre so they could wag scary Muslims at the masses and justify more draconian laws. shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQscSXB5r

Edited by Choctastic

Would you be kind enough to give me just a tiny little link to justify your assertions of "tiny"? You are such an authority that surely you wouldn't mind sharing some of your extensive research?

• Like 2

Here is an article from a Muslim, who is under no illusions that the Islamic state is steeped in Islamic theology. She observes that political correctness achieves nothing except the failure to define the enemy, and how do you defeat an enemy you can't even name? She also makes a point that giving excuses such as the Crusades or Colonialism does nothing except give ammunition to full time wound collectors. They hate us anyway and as she so wisely observes it is time Muslims snap out of their shame culture and take some ownership for their issues.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/20/will-it-take-the-end-of-the-world-for-obama-to-recognize-isis.html

• Like 2

Could you give me a few examples of violence perpetrated by the militant fanatics on the Western side? P.S I don't agree with much you post, but your use of the word 'sides' is indeed accurate.

Militant fanatics from the West refer to people native born and raised in Western countries who decide to go to fight with the jihadists, whether it be Afghanistan for instance or with IS.

That is my reference.

Sides actually and more broadly refer to a spectrum, the classic bell shaped curve and whatnot. It's most of us on the side of most of us with the fringe at either border of the curve or spectrum.

Would you be kind enough to give me just a tiny little link to justify your assertions of "tiny"? You are such an authority that surely you wouldn't mind sharing some of your extensive research?

We've been down this road before and it's a road less travelled as the hard data are elusive.

Neither do I grab figures out of my posterior as some other posters do, so we'll have to keep it at the level of impression or belief.

After all, the local jihadists/crusaders assert that Islam itself and all Islamics are the enemy but provide no data as it's their opinion or belief or both. The local jihadist/crusaders are quite authoritative about it in their own minds. Absolutely. And irreversibly so.

• Like 1

We've been down this road before and it's a road less travelled as the hard data are elusive.

Neither do I grab figures out of my posterior as some other posters do, so we'll have to keep it at the level of impression or belief.

After all, the local jihadists/crusaders assert that Islam itself and all Islamics are the enemy but provide no data as it's their opinion or belief or both. The local jihadist/crusaders are quite authoritative about it in their own minds. Absolutely. And irreversibly so.

You were the one that provided %ages.

Can you provide a link or did you just pluck them out of your backside ?

Care to provide some 1st hand experience to back up your assertions ?

• Like 1

It is good that at long last a US president has toned down the rhetoric, turned up the heat on Muslim leaders globally and stepped up the attacks on the violent extremists that have emerged from the Islamic world.

Almost all Muslims want the same things others of all religions want, which is peace and prosperity, not perpetual holy war. Know thine enemy for sure but also know who is not your enemy, and the billion Muslims of the world are not the enemy.

Good post.

Those who demonize all Muslims almost always have an agenda... and nowhere is it more obvious than on this forum.

The absurdity that because Islam is called out for exactly what it requires of its adherents and the actions of the adherents, this hardly translates into "demoniz[ing]" anything or anyone. These are statements of facts. The endless stream of news reports, terrorist actions, and their citations for their actions is hardly fictitious. The assertion that Islam is not responsible for the current state of jihad throughout the world is never- NEVER- backed up with scriptural references or nary a clerical admonishment. Why? Because they are consistent in following the injunctions of Islam. "Demoniz[ing]?" Hardly.

Perhaps those who assert the wrong headedness of posters like myself would provide us some examples from time to time indicating exactly why these jihad terrorists don't reflect islamic injunctions? Perhaps even a topical argument could be provided rather than just pejoratives or impugning the motives of posters who announce measurable facts? Perhaps some do not want to provide such scriptural arguments for their positions because they inherently object to the notion that islam has anything to do with the terrorism at all; so, they wont be bothered with such research to support their position? This would be akin to an ostrich with its head in the sand because, of course, if, according to Obama, we should consider the islamist grievances we should also consider their scriptural references for their authority; they nearly always provide it.

Lastly, it is a bridge to far to assert one knows what all muslims want. What can be known, however, is the product of their collective action or inaction regarding the Third Great Jihad. When considered with regard to the fact that the koran and hadiths actually do call for perpetual holy war what all muslims want becomes a concern. Perpetual holy war is not occasionally mentioned; it is not inferred; it is not poor exegesis. Perpetual holy war is the actual foundation of the entire ideology. You cannot sustain the concept of islam and sharia if you removed the requirement to lesser jihad. There could not ever be a dar al islam unless there is first a dar al harb. Assertions like this combined with leadership like Obama's will seek to redistribute further intellectual, monetary, and military wealth into the hands of islamists under the premise that they need jobs, or opportunity, or equality in outcomes. Normally, IMO, when civilization jihad arrives (and it actually slowly, inexorably arrives everywhere since 632CE because jihad is the actual blueprint) people like me are the last to be whacked, beheaded or burned because we at least know its coming. It is usually the people who greet [them] at the gates that are killed first. Good luck. (Note: My problem is not with muslims, it is with islamic jihad and shar'ia).

For anyone who doesn't understand this, and you have the attention span of an relatively intelligent adult - Google:

What ISIS Really Wants

"The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it."

Author: Graeme Wood

Publication: The Atlantic

It's a pretty informative article. I'm guessing TV won't allow me to post the link, so up to you to do the search.

Same story, different perspective: Worth reading to compare and costrast.

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/cityofbrass/2015/02/is-isis-islamic-wrong-question.html

Title:is ISIS Islamic? Wrong question.

Author: Aziz Poonawalla

Publication: Beliefnet

• Like 1

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/cityofbrass/2015/02/is-isis-islamic-wrong-question.html

Thanks for posting this. A little different to the messages being spewed by Fear Inc'...

'Overwhelmingly, Muslims around the world reject ISIS, they reject ISIS’ flavor of Islam, they choose the 21st century over the 7th, they choose the Prophet’s message of love and the Hadith and the schools of jurisprudence and centuries of wisdom and thought, over an illusion that we are somehow still a ragged and persecuted minority at the edge.'

Thanks for posting this. A little different to the messages being spewed by Fear Inc'...

'Overwhelmingly, Muslims around the world reject ISIS, they reject ISIS’ flavor of Islam, they choose the 21st century over the 7th, they choose the Prophet’s message of love and the Hadith and the schools of jurisprudence and centuries of wisdom and thought, over an illusion that we are somehow still a ragged and persecuted minority at the edge.'

Hopefully Muslims all over the world reject ISIS, but for me there is a big difference between the results of a "poll" compared to massive opposition by Muslims through the media or manifestations. Their silence is chilling.