Truck canopy / camper shell sellers in CM, Lamphun, Lampang?

zeekgarcia

Does anyone know of any Truck canopy / camper shell sellers in CM, Lamphun, Lampang?

Or anyone that will make a truck into a songthaew like the red & yellow ones running around.

The only one that I know of is on chiang mai hand dong road after tesco lotus but before the honda dealer coming out of the city.

Anymore in CM Lamphun or Lampang?

Thanks

Sorry I cannot help you regards who sells them,but in case you

do not already know you have to report to the vehicle road tax

people that you have added on the canopy,and they will charge

you more road tax, the Police can fine you if you do not do this.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

worgeordie, why the added tax if canopy on truck bed, used for private business only, like family camping? and do you know , how high is that tax?

No I don't know how much the tax is but should not be much I would think,

I only found out about this when a friend was stopped by the police and

fined for not telling road tax dept about adding the canopy.

regards Worgeordie

Had a friend that bought a truck with a Carryboy shell....he had it for a couple of years and all OK.....Last year he went to renew and they made him remove it (couldn't pay to keep it) as it was sold w/o a shell......made NO difference he bought it that way.....check with the Land office/DMV 1st before you put it on......many things we could do back home mods/colors/paint we cannot do here first then pay/tax later.....

Had a friend that bought a truck with a Carryboy shell....he had it for a couple of years and all OK.....Last year he went to renew and they made him remove it (couldn't pay to keep it) as it was sold w/o a shell......made NO difference he bought it that way.....check with the Land office/DMV 1st before you put it on......many things we could do back home mods/colors/paint we cannot do here first then pay/tax later.....

You have to have it inspected along with the truck at the DLT and then it is added to your vehicle registration book. I went threw this years ago.

Years ago in Hawaii it was required to register canopies that were attached to pickup trucks. At the time, the canopy itself required an identification number. One reason was for insurance coverage.

If a canopy is attached, if it wasn't attached it would probably be dangerous, is that it changes the value of the vehicle.... supposedly.

Edited by hml367