Bail refused over sexual assault, killing of girl, 11

webfact

I would be interested in knowing what constitutes a serious crime for judges in Thailand?

Of course any sane person would say this one was. But, what about the Hi-So's that mow down people at bus stops?

That and similar crimes were not serious?

Or what most of us believe, if you're connected........

The man in this case was obviously not connected.

the BAIL system is one of the main problems in Thailand, as it means that all rich and influential people can get away with severe crimes, and have enough time to eradicate potential witnesses..... I have not the smallest doubt, that if the culprit was the son of a local politician or policeman, he would have been granted bail in a minute.....

Edited by siam2007

A child killer is the lowest form of vermin on the planet and should be consigned immediately to the 9th Level of Hell. Reading this post I got a flashback to the first major incident I was involved in as a young PC. It started as a massive search for a missing 7 year old girl. Her body was found under a road under construction thanks to a road worker who noticed a slight bulge in the surface. The murderer served 9 years British justice). I remember very few names from those days, but every time I read stories like this I start to cry and remember her, one name I shall never forget. I hope this girls family can find some consolation somewhere.