is there professional hairdresser who uses scissors in Pattaya (mans cut)

charliewolf

Need help with this one guys, I've used two local ones to where I stay and butchered it.

When I ask just to tidy it up, the clippers come out and cut way too short

Staying holiday inn soi one if anyone can recommend a good male barber who uses scissors

Thai or ex pat I don't mind, as long as they know what they are doing etc

thanks in advance.

Edited by petercool
changed to standard font size

I get my hair cut at "Hair 2 Hair" beside Tukcom center. If you're approaching Tukcom on Pattaya Tai heading toward Sukhumvit, it's on the soi just past Tukcom. Turn right, and it's on the first corner on the left. I don't mind them using clippers, but unless you insist on clippers, you'll get a scissor cut.

From Wolf to another, Thai barbers are useless, compared to Indian ones.

I am not sure but maybe "barber/hairdresser" is not one of the selected Thai only professions. I know you cant make musical instruments...

So instead of bugging everyone with blue eyes on beach road to buy a suit ! They should open a real barber shop. Where they can cater for all mens styles and also get a proper shave.

I was attacked by an idiot with a buckled Bic disposable razor the first time I went for a shave in a Thai barber and he did not even wet my face or use soap !!! The experience put me off for ever. One divot on my chin and I was out of there leaving him with an earful of curses.

But in answer to your question ther are lots of Salons that cut mens hair down the Soi's near Tuk Com and I have seen women in them shaving mostly Indian or middle eastern men. So you might get lucky there.

From Wolf to another, Thai barbers are useless, compared to Indian ones.

I am not sure but maybe "barber/hairdresser" is not one of the selected Thai only professions. I know you cant make musical instruments...

So instead of bugging everyone with blue eyes on beach road to buy a suit ! They should open a real barber shop. Where they can cater for all mens styles and also get a proper shave.

I was attacked by an idiot with a buckled Bic disposable razor the first time I went for a shave in a Thai barber and he did not even wet my face or use soap !!! The experience put me off for ever. One divot on my chin and I was out of there leaving him with an earful of curses.

But in answer to your question ther are lots of Salons that cut mens hair down the Soi's near Tuk Com and I have seen women in them shaving mostly Indian or middle eastern men. So you might get lucky there.

Do people go for a shave ?

Bit of a bummer to do every day, go into town for a shave. no thanks!!!! D,I,Y

Here in Bangkok I bumped into my favourite hairstylist by coincidence next to the Suan Lum Night Bazaar some 15 years ago or so, and have since then followed him to his new workplaces/branches. it is almost a half+day journey to get there by public Transport from where I live, but it's still worth the effort. Not a cheapo though, as it is 350 Baht now since March 2015, whereas I could have an army-style haircut for 50 Baht here around the corner in my housing estate.... I give him 50 Baht tip which is actually outrageous by local Thai custom, of course he is very happy about that (Thai customers there almost never tip him)

I shave myself. But, nothing beats a good professional shave from a real Barber,,,,,especially when you are planning on "pulling a bird"on a night out ....not all women like Jungle Jim, scratching the inside of their thighs....know what I mean ?

I shave myself. But, nothing beats a good professional shave from a real Barber,,,,,especially when you are planning on "pulling a bird"on a night out ....not all women like Jungle Jim, scratching the inside of their thighs....know what I mean ?

Totally understand the close shave . thumbsup.gif

Myself I still go for the DIY.

Always be prepared keep a DIY kit handy as you never know when you will next come across Jungle Jane. giggle.gif

Edited by onemorechang

You get what you pay for, go to a saloon you will get a decent cut with scissors, too many places to mention, but Avenue there are two places , BigC extra around B250 as mentioned, ear and nose hairs all taken care of, usually a wash thrown in

Or B80 in a barber shop