Thai-german marriage cert 6-8 weeks to certify?

I Am applying for the german national visa utilizing the EU directive (I'm a UK citizen living and working in Germany) I've got everything ready just need to have the marriage and registration docs translated and certified but I see this is taking 6-8 weeks, has anyone recently done this and how long did it take?

Mine never took that long. I found the German Embassy to be rubbish, not even knowing the Freedom of Movement directive, I got my wife to Germany on a tourist visa, and got her Residence Card here, although it is not the correct way it worked for me.

Edited by beano2274

You first write about translating and certifying documents, which should be something done in 1-3 days or so (get them officially translated, go to the Thai foreign affairs for fancy stamps, get them to the German embassy for more fancy stamps, done). But in your second post it sounds like the problem is about getting the paperwork for a type D visa done in a timely manner? The Germans might be a bit slow with issueing a type D (long stay, immigration issued under Directive 2004/38) visa. It might work better to apply for a type C (short stay, ofcourse issued under Directive 2004/38) visa which could be issued by Germany or any other (Schengen) country, which is the approach beano2274 did (on a German C visa ?).

my wife had a tourist visa, as she was actually planning to go to Italy and Germany before I got a job in Munich, instead of cancelling the visa, and going through the procedures, we decided to get her here and try in the KVR in Munich, spoke to the lady in the KVR and she issued my wife her Residence Card.

For information if your wife gets a Residence Card, and it says Residence Card of an Family Member of an EU National (or words like that) then you can also take her to the UK for a holiday without her needing a visa.

This link here is the visa, I am applying for

http://www.bangkok.diplo.de/Vertretung/bangkok/de/08/Visum-Ehegattennachzug.html

I only provided proof of residence, tax statement and contract. The mrs; two application forms, two passport pics, marriage and register docs. A lot less than a visit visa. The problem is in 6-8 weeks for the marriage and registration docs, I was under the impression that once all the docs are ready it was a very short turn around.

You first write about translating and certifying documents, which should be something done in 1-3 days or so (get them officially translated, go to the Thai foreign affairs for fancy stamps, get them to the German embassy for more fancy stamps, done). But in your second post it sounds like the problem is about getting the paperwork for a type D visa done in a timely manner? The Germans might be a bit slow with issueing a type D (long stay, immigration issued under Directive 2004/38) visa. It might work better to apply for a type C (short stay, ofcourse issued under Directive 2004/38) visa which could be issued by Germany or any other (Schengen) country, which is the approach beano2274 did (on a German C visa ?).

I have to get my marriage certs verified anyway, so it made sense to apply for this visa it is a lot easier and less running around however it just comes with taking longer. I was wondering if anyone has had the certs recently done

and how long it took.