It's rather warm isn't it?

pinklaopanther

Day temperature in Isan (Khon Kaen) topped 37 C yesterday.

Thats not really "moderate" biggrin.png

Drove to Pattaya to cool down, a chilly 31 or so.

Just starts to rain!!!

37 C ~ 98 F

31 C ~ 88 F

What always gets me is the short time it takes from cool weather (in Isan) to hot temperatures.

No "spring" in Thailand.

No aircon on from Nov to mid last week.

Then within two days or so temperatures skyrocket.

Edited by KhunBENQ

The Thailand climate is controlled by tropical monsoons and the weather in Thailand is generally hot and humid across most of the country throughout most of the year. While Thailand’s seasons are generally divided into the hot season, cool season, and rainy season, in reality it’s relatively hot most of the year. The weather in central, northern, and northeastern Thailand (the landlocked provinces) is determined by three seasons, whereas the southern, coastal regions of Thailand feature only two, making the weather in Thailand quite easy to understand and plan a trip around.In Thailand’s inland provinces the seasons are clearly defined: Between November and May the weather is mostly dry and the cool season and hot season occur from November to February and March to May respectively. The other inland season, the rainy season, lasts from May to November and is dominated by the southwest monsoon, during which time rainfall in most of Thailand is at its heaviest.

• Like 1

Warm.....

attachicon.giftemp.jpg

A more realistic reading might be with the thermometer out of direct sunlight! Or is that shadow from a light bulb?

Not really..... because I was sitting in direct sunlight and it was bl00dy hot!!

There was intermittent cloud at the time (should you REALLY feel the need for a detailed forecast) and - no - I didn't need any lights on smile.png

(Later when the sun moved round the temperature plummeted to 36 degrees).

Warm.....

attachicon.giftemp.jpg

A more realistic reading might be with the thermometer out of direct sunlight! Or is that shadow from a light bulb?

Agree.

As an ex wildland firefighter who's duty was to do hourly weather reports from the field...

Temperature officially is always taken 3 feet above the ground ( guess a meter would do ) and always in a well shaded area.

• Like 2

After Seoul last November I refuse to complain about heat in Thailand - their Winter would kill me stone dead, and for the first time I had some tiny inkling of what it must have been like for the troops who fought there. Pattaya was magnificent today - big downpour followed by a very mild afternoon - hoping for more but anything that isnt sub-zero is alright by me.

After Seoul last November I refuse to complain about heat in Thailand - their Winter would kill me stone dead, and for the first time I had some tiny inkling of what it must have been like for the troops who fought there. Pattaya was magnificent today - big downpour followed by a very mild afternoon - hoping for more but anything that isnt sub-zero is alright by me.

Seoul?ask the poor chaps who fought in Stalingrad...