Popcorn movie site.

NoshowJones

I have downloaded the Popcorn movie site, it looks great, and has lots of choice in movies, but I find it impossible to watch a movie complete because of the picture freezing or cutting out.

Also, if you click to stop the movie to answer the phone etc, it is always impossible to get it back. Anyone ever tried Popcorn? Am I the only one with these problems?

I have a good fast internet connection.

As an option to PopcornTime, Has anyone tried the new HOLA! option for streaming video?

I was on KickassTorrents yesterday and Hola! (the browser extension) was aggressively wanted to live stream all the videos I hovered over.

Rather annoying. But it IS now another option. And you can choose the torrent.

As an option to PopcornTime, Has anyone tried the new HOLA! option for streaming video?

I was on KickassTorrents yesterday and Hola! (the browser extension) was aggressively wanted to live stream all the videos I hovered over.

Rather annoying. But it IS now another option. And you can choose the torrent.

Yes. It works a treat. (Had to allow the hola_scv process in Malwarebytes) Tested "Black Sea" Jude Law in 1080p quality. Now, no need to keep checking if my torrents are in yet. Technology keeps moving forward. Tested using Hola Premium (free!)

There has been a big turnaround here. Yesterday, I was so digusted with Popcorn that I uninstalled it, then later I was looking at 'all progammes', and I noticed that Popcorn was still there, so I clicked on it, and throughout the day, I watched two films, one of which was impossible to watch last time round, and it was brilliant, I even managed to click on the freeze, and that worked having never worked before.

Which begs the question, why was a programme which was uninstalled work perfectly, when it was previously utter garbage?

I am now hoping it stays the way it is now, but it is only two movies, so who knows?

There has been a big turnaround here. Yesterday, I was so digusted with Popcorn that I uninstalled it, then later I was looking at 'all progammes', and I noticed that Popcorn was still there, so I clicked on it, and throughout the day, I watched two films, one of which was impossible to watch last time round, and it was brilliant, I even managed to click on the freeze, and that worked having never worked before.

Which begs the question, why was a programme which was uninstalled work perfectly, when it was previously utter garbage?

I am now hoping it stays the way it is now, but it is only two movies, so who knows?

Could I ask how you uninstalled Popcorn(Time?)?

What operating system do you use?

Have you checked for viruses on your system?

1. Using 'Revo Uninstaller'.

2. Firefox.

3 Yes.

2. Firefox.

3 Yes.

1)If I wanted to uninstall Popcorntime from my system: File Explorer>Drive C> Users>(My/your name)>Appdata>Local>Popcorntime>Uninstall

2) Firefox is a browser smile.png

Is it possible with Popcorn to download and watch later (as with thepiratebay), or does it work only in real time?

Thanks.

realtime (live stream). It's actually a client app that finds popular live torrents, matches them to description and graphic elements, and can live stream the torrent.

If you want to download and watch later, you need to look for something else.

• Like 2

I use movieberry dot com. It's only $.98 for decent quality movie. On my computer, it takes about half hour to download one.

I'm wary of any streaming movies, particularly free ones. Up until a few months ago, it worked ok using solarmovie.so. But more recently, I feel Baidu (a Chinese phishing site which tries to look like Google) keeps sneaking its way in my computer, so I have to spend many minutes, each time I notice it, trying to delete it and its tentacles.

Is it possible with Popcorn to download and watch later (as with thepiratebay), or does it work only in real time?

Thanks.

Yes. Other users suggest...

1) Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Popcorn-Time\ folder for the downloaded movie and copy it to somewhere else for later offline use. Make sure you do this before closing PT. Once PT is closed the file will be automatically deleted.

2) Go to settings and uncheck "clear tmp after closing app" all movies/TV shows will be stored at your temp folder location (change that by clicking on it)

3) how to keep popcorn time movie watch entire movie with "clear tmp after closing app" unchecked. then in settings click cache directory see folders for each watch open folder take contents drag into trash can then open trash can and drag movie or show onto desktop and you will have movie to play whenever you want

Well I do it more easily. I have a WD personal cloud with a 500GB hard drive attacked and set off for PT to use as cache. I have unchecked the clear cache in settings, and now movies/TV shows I watch are saved to this clouded HD. Now I can watch the movies/TV shows from all my computers and mobile phones able to connect to my WD cloud. smile.png

2. Firefox.

3 Yes.

1)If I wanted to uninstall Popcorntime from my system: File Explorer>Drive C> Users>(My/your name)>Appdata>Local>Popcorntime>Uninstall

2) Firefox is a browser smile.png

I don't want to uninstall it now, it's working great.

Thanks.

No, you download it then watch it.

There may be some confusion about what people are actually responding to.

The Popcorn Time client "starts" a P2P torrent with forced sequential downloading set, and after a sufficient amount of data has been buffered by the client it starts playing the video before the file has a chance to be completely downloaded. While you can usually jump 'back', jumping 'forward' requires that new section be downloaded/buffered before the video can resume.

While a method has been described to keep the 'downloaded' video, you must actually wait until the client has actually fetched the entire video completely (which will take the same amount of time as a standard P2P torrent client)

• Like 1