New passport issue

My situation:

March 2014 Extension-of stay for one year in Hua Hin - will expire March 12 2015

March 2014 Moved from Hua Hin => Chonburi - registered at Immigration that I now live in Chonburi - did all my 90 days in Chonburi

February 2015 New Dutch passport

March 2015 Need to transfer extension-of-stay to new passport (Correct??)

March 2015 Immigration Office Chonburi will not transfer extension of stay (from Hua Hin) to new passport = go to Hua Hin

March 2015 Immigration Office Hua Hin will not transfer extension-of-stay to new passport as I do not live there anymore, go to Chonburi

March 2015 Immigration Office Chonburi will not transfer extension-of-stay, tell me to go back to Hua Hin

Both Immigration offices REFUSE to help me and tell me to go to Hua Hin / Chonburi

Who is right / wrong?

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chonburi is wrong. If you changed your address and have been doing 90 day reports their for almost a year they should be the ones to do it. Who is telling you no there?

You should go in with the paperwork for your extension and stamp transfer to Chonburi immigration and see what they say then.

I suggest you go to Chonburi, ask "big boss" to write a note for Hua Hin. Have ready phone No of Hua-hin call ask them to talk, alco call 1111 helpline, stay there calling around and talking until they talk among themselves and something written is given to you, take all names involved and report to each other etc. Also draft a letter of complain for the Director of Immigration with all the facts and names, show them it's ready to be mailed. Be calm and courteous and it will be solved.

Would love to do that BUT as my extension-of-stay expires in 10 days (!!) I do not want to 'piss them off' - as I live now in Chonburi so 'reporting' them to Director of Immigration will certainly not help me with my next extension-of-stay next week....

• Like 1

Would love to do that BUT as my extension-of-stay expires in 10 days (!!) I do not want to 'piss them off' - as I live now in Chonburi so 'reporting' them to Director of Immigration will certainly not help me with my next extension-of-stay next week....

You are not reporting them you are reporting a problem that you have. Anyway you can go ahead to obtain the new extension of stay on the new passport, then the entry stamp can be dealt separately.

I explained to both Immigration Offices that I have a new passport (they can see that as my old passport has HUGE holes in it, even blind people can see that) so they should know what to do, I suppose....

Correct me if I am wrong - if you have a new passport then you should transfer your extension-of-stay from the old passport to your new passport, correct?

I explained to both Immigration Offices that I have a new passport (they can see that as my old passport has HUGE holes in it, even blind people can see that) so they should know what to do, I suppose....

Correct me if I am wrong - if you have a new passport then you should transfer your extension-of-stay from the old passport to your new passport, correct?

Yes as well the entry stamp.

Do you also have a letter from your embassy that authorize and ask Thai immigration to transfer relevant stamps ?

As I wrote before you should go in and apply for your extension and the stamp transfer at same time. Just to see what they say then.

They do an annotation of the visa you used for entry and do a stamp equal to the one you got when you used that visa for entry. Then they stamp your current extension.

Jomtien Immigration will NOT help me as I have an 'empty' stamp in my new passport from Hua Hin. Need to go back to Hua Hin again and fix this empty stamp first.

Process was very easy in my opinion:

Step 1 - Transfer extension-of-stay stamp in Hua Hin as that is where I go my last extension from

Step 2 -Apply for new extension-of-stay in Chonburi as that is where I live now.

Next update Monday March 9th

Edited by Cloggie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You are not reporting them you are reporting a problem that you have. Anyway you can go ahead to obtain the new extension of stay on the new passport, then the entry stamp can be dealt separately.

Again Jomtien will NOT help me as I have an e'empty' stamp from Hua Hin in my passport that only Immigration Hua Hin can solve :-(