Dhanin and Charoen named in world’s list of 100 richest billionaires in 2015

Lite Beer

Also.. pretty sure theres another individual that controls a very large fortune that was left off that list

Indeed.

Forbes actually included him in 2012 with a fortune of 30 Billion. Shows the power of the Thai establishment to have him completely removed.

I read last week 240 Billion( think I have got the noughts right)

Never seen manyThai's wearing glasses, I guess for Charoen is must be in the profit margin. As for the beer baron, I'm sure he doesn't want drinking curfews impose and selling points closing. Will he make the list next year with the new laws? I would stay with Lipo and Red Bull stocks.

The Queen of England is by the richest person in the world but of course her actual wealth would never be reported,or the Rockefellers wealth.

So Royalty continues to have its privileges.

I find the most upsetting part of the list, apart from the 3 people on the top 50 of the list with whom I am on first name basis but from whom I have never gotten an invite to their home for a beer, is that the Walton family has four members in the top 10 who have never worked a day in their lives and whose wealth is derived, as is Dhanin's (a man I am not on a first name basis), on the exploitation of labor.

If during the rest of 2015 Thai PM/Junta does solve the "non-corruption" amoung the rich, ...

... and takes their assets for PUBLIC use, ...

... the list will be much shorter next year!

Sorry, OOPS

Never seen manyThai's wearing glasses, I guess for Charoen is must be in the profit margin. As for the beer baron, I'm sure he doesn't want drinking curfews impose and selling points closing. Will he make the list next year with the new laws? I would stay with Lipo and Red Bull stocks.

Nor will foreign companies be allowed to enter the Thai agribusiness market because that might mean more buyers thus more competition , social responsibility and better prices to farmers.

Because everyone knows already that CP is a model of fair markets and social behaviour so they don't need competition to keep them honest.

No sir. CP, shafting Thai farmers for 50 years all the way to the bank...

Can't see Costas2008, anywhere..............Forbes, can't be so well informed.

I expect this to be rectified next year.

But Forbes is well informed,that's why they know Greece is Bankrupt! and it will be many years (if at all) before they have too many Billionaires! But good luck anyway!

This list only includes legitimate wealth. There are countless Thais worth huge fortunes that simply don`t appear on the list.

Take Newin Chidchob as an example. This guy just builds F1 tracks, football stadiums and bankrolls a team of high earning footballers yet has a declared net worth of just $2 million!

It's probably done for income tax purposes.

I wonder how many of the Thais got their wealth through corruption...?

The counting would be much easier if you ask for the names of those who didn't.

Touche

Your probably right as the acquisition of wealth can make people do some naughty things smile.png

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 1

"There are a record 1,826 billionaires in the world"

I wonder what percentage of them actually give back

to their countries people through charities, donations, etc.

Gates and Warren Buffet plan to give away all their money. In fact they founded a group whose members have all pledged to do likewise. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

for people like them and all the other rich including the clan from the feudalistic system (all together called the yellows) the thai military dictatorship is ruling while the ordinary thai worker get exploidet with a very miserable "salary" just enough to survive from only 300 baht a day and a 60 hour working week without having at least a good health system. but not only from thais. farang companies down to the small farang small business owner make the same. no wonder in thailand is communism forbidden :-D

.... since when is Heinecke a Thai national?...

Since 1991 apparently, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Heinecke

I knew he had Thai citizenship but didn't know he had renounced his USA rights.

Presumably the USA is better at getting tax out of USA citizens living on the other side of the world than the Thais are getting a few baht from someone living down the road !

• Like 1

Interesting to see Thaksin drop over 1,000 places in the list & have his wealth increase by only 6% when Suthep, Chitpas.... and the TVF yellow cheer-leading team have been telling us how he has been bleeding the country dry & funneling off the 700 billion from the rice scheme.

What a load of BS to justify their ends.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

never in those lists, any rockefellers, rothschilds... they don't have billions, they have trillions

The Queen of England is by the richest person in the world but of course her actual wealth would never be reported,or the Rockefellers wealth.

Nice to see the conspiracy theorists among us, have put on their Aluminum Foil hats and made some more Unsubstantiated comments to entertain those of us that believe in Facts!!

CS