Iphone 5 or 5s

n210mp

I wondered f anyone has an Iphone 5 or 5s that they would like to trade for my excellent condition IPhone 4

or in fact for sale outright

I cant get down to Tukcom or the places there that sell IPhones because of my recent accident and thought maybe someone in the Pattaya area may have one for sale or swop may be bought for a lady who finds them difficult to use

(My Wan does)

If you have one then please PM me

Thank Harvey

Just a few days too late. I sold my iPhone5 only recently for a ridiculously low price - after I got an iPhone6... sad.png

wouldn't you believe it Peter and I have been thinking about changing or a while as well, maybe f I had posted earlier!

just as a matter of interest, is there a big difference between the 5 and the 6?

Thanks for that Peter and the link where prices start at a tad just under $300 but then I think that was the states tied to a USA carrier and not unlocked for use in Pattaya

had a look in Craigslist and there the prices are a weird 30K Thai baht for an unlocked iPhone 6+ 64G

A bit out of my league at the moment so maybe the 5s will be ok or indeed a 5

Harvey

Lazada has used phones for sale. The 4 isn't worth much anymore. Apple has stopped updating it. My girl still loves her 4. I'll pass on my 5s and buy the new one on the next round.

• Like 1

3 years ago my gadget savvy daughter convinced me to get a "smart phone" and go with i-Phone. (A year before that I had a Samsung Galaxy and I didn't get along with Samsung or I didn't have anyone to train me in how to use it. My daughter went to MBK in BKK and I purchased a second hand i-Phone 4s. She was correct, it was easier for me to use the iPhone than the Samsung. Now I am ready to get the new iPhone 6.(not second hand but right out of the box). I found out that I can get an i Phone a lot cheaper in the States. True, I have to join a phone plan with one of the telephone monopolies but the cost was minimal. And by being with a plan in the States, I could easily use my iPhone in the States where as before I could not because of not belonging to a phone company. iPhone 6 in Thailand run over $900 where as in the States it is $600 but I have to wait until I get there this summer. What do you members know about purchasing a smart phone in another country then bringing it to Thailand?

3 years ago my gadget savvy daughter convinced me to get a "smart phone" and go with i-Phone. (A year before that I had a Samsung Galaxy and I didn't get along with Samsung or I didn't have anyone to train me in how to use it. My daughter went to MBK in BKK and I purchased a second hand i-Phone 4s. She was correct, it was easier for me to use the iPhone than the Samsung. Now I am ready to get the new iPhone 6.(not second hand but right out of the box). I found out that I can get an i Phone a lot cheaper in the States. True, I have to join a phone plan with one of the telephone monopolies but the cost was minimal. And by being with a plan in the States, I could easily use my iPhone in the States where as before I could not because of not belonging to a phone company. iPhone 6 in Thailand run over $900 where as in the States it is $600 but I have to wait until I get there this summer. What do you members know about purchasing a smart phone in another country then bringing it to Thailand?

Not knowing for certain but I seem to remember getting an Iphone linked to one of the big Carriers from the USA on ebay for use in the UK and couldn't be unlocked.

I dont want to put you off but would seek serious advice before buying any subsidised Iphone from the USA and then being able to use it either in Thailand or anywhere other than the USA

You can get overseas bought phones unlocked here quite readily but can face the issues of OS or app updates that may not work ....or those might put you back to square one of being unlocked again when try to do updates.

• Like 1

Not knowing for certain but I seem to remember getting an Iphone linked to one of the big Carriers from the USA on ebay for use in the UK and couldn't be unlocked.

I dont want to put you off but would seek serious advice before buying any subsidised Iphone from the USA and then being able to use it either in Thailand or anywhere other than the USA

That's some good advice n210mp.

Additionally, toenail the cheapest iphone 6 here in Thailand listed on the AIS site is about $780, so slightly cheaper than $900+ you're claiming.

• Like 1