Phetchabun seeks a rail project to the province

webfact

Phetchabun seeks a rail project to the province

PHETCHABUN, 12 Mar 2015 (NNT) - Governor of Phetchabun Bundit Teweetiwarak yesterday met with chiefs of local government units, to follow up on a project to bring rail links to the province.

Speaking after the meeting, the Governor said the province would send a party to meet the Governor of the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) and the Minister of Transport to discuss a possibility of building railways to Phetchabun.

According to him, the SRT already has plans to build a railway to this part of the country but has eyed Chaiyaphum as a major destination because that province is the site of potash mine. Phetchabun will therefore prepare data on the worthiness of the rail project if it were built to the province and present it to authorities concerned for consideration, the Governor said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Governor of Phetchabun Chatphorn Ratdussadee stated that the provincial administration already has in hand necessary information to be presented to the SRT. She stressed that the province has amazing tourist resources that can be capitalized once connected with rail links.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-12 footer_n.gif

Fond memories of the place. TGF at the time had some land up there and we stayed at a lovely resort. I even remember the cost of a hotel room in town at 308 baht? and also had their speciality "Gai Manao" - So much nicer in the provinces.

• Like 2

This would be nice. I'd like to have the option of bus or train. Though from my understanding the Thai train system is really nothing to get excited about... Been here over a year and never stepped on one.

I traveled to Penang by train from Bangkok around 15 years ago, loved every minute of it. Much prefer train travel to buses or cars. I hope our lovely Province does get a rail link, it would be nice to see more money coming up here, from tourists. :)