Tourist Visa + Yellow Fever Vaccination

Hello Everybody,

Went over to the Thai consulate today to apply for my tourist visa to come to Bangkok over easter, heading back to consulate monday to collect passport.

The lady at the consulate mentioned i need to carry a yellow fever vaccination certificate with me to bangkok, i didnt make much of the statement then. Now i'm back home in my apartment and i cannot locate the certificate(i got the vaccine in '98)

Do i need the certificate to enter Thailand? i've been living in Australia for the past four years and not travelled to Africa or South America in that period. i have a Kenyan passport

thanks guys

What nationality are you?

LIST OF COUNTRIES WHICH ARE DECLARED YELLOW FEVER INFECTED AREAS

- The Ministry of Public Health has laid down regulations that applicantswho have travelled from or through the countries which have been declared Yellow Fever Infected Areas must provide an International Health Certificate providing that they have received a Yellow Fever vaccination.

- The International Health Certificate must be submitted together with the visa application form. The traveller will also have to present the said certificate to the Immigration Officer upon arrival at the port of entry in the Kingdom. As for those nationals of the countries listed below but who have not travelled from/through those countries, such a certificate is not required.However, they should possess concrete evidence showing that their domicile is not in an infected area so as to prevent undue inconvenience.

- Following are the countries which are declared Yellow Fever Infected Areas.-

1. Angola : People’s Republic of Angola

2. Benin : People’s Republic of Benin

3. Bolivia : Republic of Bolivia

4. Brazil : Federative Republic of Brazil

5. Burkina Faso : Republic of Burkina Faso

6. Burundi : Republic of Burundi

7. Cameroon : Federal Republic of Cameroon

8. Central African Republic

9. Chad : Republic of Chad

10. Colombia : Republic of Colombia

11. Congo : Republic of the Congo

12. Cote d’ Ivore : Republic of Cote d’ Ivoire

13. Ecuador : Republic of Ecuador

14. Equatorial Guinea : Republic of Equatorial Guinea

15. Ethiopia : The Federal Democratic Republic of

Ethiopia

16. French-Guiana

17. Gabon : Gabonese Republic

18. Gambia : Republic of the Gambia

19. Ghana : Republic of Ghana

20. Guinea-Bissau : Republic of Guinea Bissau

21. Guinea : Republic of Guinea

22. Guyana : Cooperative Republic of Guyana

23. Kenya : Republic of Kenya

24. Liberia : Republic of Liberia

25. Mali : Republic of Mali

26. Mauritania : Islamic Republic of Mauritania

27. Niger : Republic of Niger

28. Nigeria : Federal Republic of Nigeria

29. Panama : Republic of Panama

30. Peru : Republic of Peru

31. Rwanda : Republic of Rwanda

32. Sao Tome & Principe : Democratic Republic of Sao Tome

& Principe

33. Senegal : Republic of Senegal

34. Sierra Leone : Republic of Sierra Leone

35. Somalia : Somali Democratic Republic

36. Sudan : Democratic Republic of the Sudan

37. Suriname : Republic of Suriname

38. Tanzania : United Republic of Tanzania

39. Togo : Republic of Togo

40. Uganda : Republic of Uganda

41. Venezuela : Republic of Venezuela

42. Zaire : Democratic Republic of the Congo

Thanks George. I'm Kenyan , which is on the list above. Since i've been in Aus for the past few years ,what kind of evidence is acceptable to prove i live here. Will the visas on passport and arrival & departure stamps on the passport suffice.

thanks

Thanks George. I'm Kenyan , which is on the list above. Since i've been in Aus for the past few years ,what kind of evidence is acceptable to prove i live here. Will the visas on passport and arrival & departure stamps on the passport suffice.

thanks

As long as you NEVER visited home you will be fine. Bring your old yellow book, or get the yellow fever jab before the travel.

If you go and see the Government Doctor ( I forget what they are called) but they represend WHO in Jessee St Parramatta and tell them what has happened, they may be kind enough to look up the WHO records and issue you another.

Carrying a European Passport I never worried about Yellow Fever Vaccinations (in fact I have no Y.F. Vacs.)

But after seeing this list I have been to one of these Countries once 5 or 6 Years ago as a Tourist. (By that time this Country was not on a similar list issued here in my Homecountry, so I did not bother getting a Yellow Fever Vac.)

Been in and out of Thailand 20 or more times since then without ever been asked at the Border with Tourist Visas or 30 Day Stamps.

Do I have to worry next time? Or do Thai Authorities understand that Incubation is definitely less than 6 Years?

Sunny