Transport Ministry to approve budget for Ubon Ratchathani airport revamp

webfact

Transport Ministry to approve budget for Ubon Ratchathani airport revamp

UBON RATCHATHANI, 16 March 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Transport is preparing to approve a budget for the revamp of Ubon Ratchathani International Airport which was damaged by fire in October last year.

According to Deputy Transport Minister Akom Termpitayapaisit, the Department of Civil Aviation has already named the contractor who will undertake the renovation. The task is expected to take 150 days and require a budget of 69 million baht.

The face lift will focus on an upgrade of airport facilities, including the improvement of car rental service booths, souvenir shops, the food court, the runway and the jet bridges.

Ubon Ratchathani International Airport was partly damaged by fire in October last year. No one was injured. The airport’s operation remained unaffected.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-16 footer_n.gif

"Ubon Ratchathani International Airport was partly damaged by fire in October last year. No one was injured. The airport’s operation remained unaffected."

nntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ce.5C6sHNTwTnRd667

International Airport ??cheesy.gif cheesy.gif 4 airlines fly out of there 3 to BK and 1 o CNXw00t.gif

Great news....but I thought it was already approved a few months ago?? But then again the "approved" figure was 30 million I believe.

I hope they will also increase the parking lot at the airport

"... The airport’s operation remained unaffected..."

Try telling that to the ladies who now have the vain efforts to sell hot food to departing passengers from makeshift shacks in the car park! Businesses decimated I suspect.

"... The airport’s operation remained unaffected..."

Try telling that to the ladies who now have the vain efforts to sell hot food to departing passengers from makeshift shacks in the car park! Businesses decimated I suspect.

If it's unaffected, why do customers have to use smelly mobile toilets. I don't think it's to give the 1970"s pop concert ambience to tourists!