Suggested Visa Route When Living In Surin

Dave the Dude

Hi All

I've spent hours on this site and its been invaluable. I still have a few queries that I would appreciate help with :-

My situation is Uk resident for next 6 months then I relocate to my Home in Surin (where GF is living) I will be 49 this December and intend to marry fiance next year. I will have over the required 800k Bt in Thai Bank and I do not intend to 'officially' work in Thailand during the next year.(I get a pension at 50)

QUESTIONS

1. I once heard that the London Embassy is more complicated than say Hull Consolate for obtaining a Visa. I live close to London and dont trust the UK postal system for important Documents ect.Any Ideas/recommendations??

2. I want to make my life easy as possible and dont fancy the idea of monthly treks to Cambodia so If I get a longer term 'O' visa what Immigration Office is near to Surin for me to report too???

3. Prior to getting married is it easier to go for a 60 day 'O' visa then extend it or get a 12m 'O' before I leave blighty?

Thanks in advance :o

Hi All

I've spent hours on this site and its been invaluable. I still have a few queries that I would appreciate help with :-

My situation is Uk resident for next 6 months then I relocate to my Home in Surin (where GF is living) I will be 49 this December and intend to marry fiance next year. I will have over the required 800k Bt in Thai Bank and I do not intend to 'officially' work in Thailand during the next year.(I get a pension at 50)

QUESTIONS

1. I once heard that the London Embassy is more complicated than say Hull Consolate for obtaining a Visa. I live close to London and dont trust the UK postal system for important Documents ect.Any Ideas/recommendations??

2. I want to make my life easy as possible and dont fancy the idea of monthly treks to Cambodia so If I get a longer term 'O' visa what Immigration Office is near to Surin for me to report too???

3. Prior to getting married is it easier to go for a 60 day 'O' visa then extend it or get a 12m 'O' before I leave blighty?

Hi Dave,

1. I found London to be no problem at all

2. Kap Cheung is the nearest Imm to Surin about 65km( very freindly people )

Chong Chom boarder crossing is another 10 km

3. go for the 1 year 'O' visa

Eddie

I'll go along with Eddie, although I found Hull very helpful. Go for a one year non-imm 'O' as he said, but you then have to make three-monthly crossings into Cambodia, until the first year is completed. Then you go to Kap Choeng about 3 weeks before the visa expires. They will consider a years extension to your visa, taking into consideration

a) Marriage/residents status

:o Health status

c) Financial status

For a marriage visa you need 400,000, for a retirement visa you need 800,000. If the application is successful, you will get a one year extension, dated from the time you last entered the country. ( so the first years extension is usually only for nine months) After that you check in at any immigration office every 90 days. On the way back from Kap Choeng/Chong Chom you must call into the Farang Connection for a celebration drink.

Cheers

My Experience of Hull was very positive. Fast, polite and hassle free. But I drove their in person (no appointment) and was in and out in less than 20 mins. Mine was a Non Immi B though...

Hi

Thanks Loz,Eddie and last but not least Lampard10, I am trying to sort things out in the UK and your guidance is appreciated. Like ol' Lamps suggests I.O.U. all a beer in the FC sometime when Im over CHEERS :o

Hi Dave the Dude.

Only last week applied for 'O' multi entry non immigration visa from Hull Consulate. Sent off via post office priority special delivery service Tuesday am. Received via same service 10.30 am Friday.

No problems can also check via PO website time that it was delivered.

Good Luck

TBWG :D

Hi

Thanks Loz,Eddie and last but not least Lampard10, I am trying to sort things out in the UK and your guidance is appreciated. Like ol' Lamps suggests I.O.U. all a beer in the FC sometime when Im over CHEERS :D

Hi Dave the Dude.

Only last week applied for 'O' multi entry non immigration visa from Hull Consulate. Sent off via post office priority special delivery service Tuesday am. Received via same service 10.30 am Friday.

No problems can also check via PO website time that it was delivered.

Good Luck

TBWG :D

THANKS TBWG

Maybe I should do the same.Although I live fairly near to London (Sutton or Eastbourne) going your route would not involve me taking time off work. :D

CHEERS

D the D WG :o

I go along with Lampards cooments.

Hull very quick and easy office in the middle of an industrial estate and you would think it was in a warehouse.

I got a Retirement visa easy if you got the right documentation.

Khap Cheong staff very helpful, (Lampard most of the old are staff are there now they did change when I went in June but that was because they had a big meeting about new building and some senior officers werre there)

macb

Hi All

QUESTIONS

I use the Chong Chum border crossing as well for my 90 day visa runs. Easy to do, cheap enough, and the people there are pleasant to deal with. Easy to get to from Surin if you have wheels.

Cent