Availability of high dose vitamin C for cancer patients

konisaan

I have friend who is running out of options and wants to try high dose vitamin C. It's administered via IV at doses up to 100g. My friend has researched this. To get a nurse to come round and administer 50g costs nearly 3000 baht - too expensive over several months.

He wants to buy the product and do it himself. He's tried some of the larger pharmacies in Chiang Mai without luck.

Although high Vitamin C doses via Iv can be helpful.....it should always be done by a qualified Doctor who has experienced with these kind of thereapy. There is dangers of kidney failure, going into shocks, cardiac arrests, severe side-effects, blood acidosis, etc. Please do not do it himself nor use a nurse. See a qualified doctor even if its expensive.

This is pretty common in the US. perhaps Canada as well.

Not really that common. My ex wife was licenses in New Mexico to preforn injections and high dose vit-c was one of them. She said that about 25grams was about the effective dose in cancer treatment. This is from research by the Vitamin C Reascerch Institute, yes they do have one. You also need to watch your diet while on this treatment cut out sugar as vit.c and sugar love the same receptor sites in the body.

I live in Chiang Mai and we have a paramedic who buys injectable vitc at one of the local pharmacies

Sure vitamin C is good against cancer, but what about all the other vitamins nutriments antioxidants and other vital elements cancer victims are deprived of?

Not to mention oxygen therapy and quality air (in Chiang Mai )

Edited by Kitsune

• 2 weeks later...

3000 baht is not that expensive, if you get it done correctly ...

might save your life

as oral vitamin c is poorly absorbed and after 10 grams, you will get diariah

It has to been done at least 3 times a week for months; It's not a one off. In any case he has managed to import some and with a little training is now self administering.