Samsung Thailand

jon feaver

.I bought the Samsung Gear S watch eight weeks ago and it has stopped working.I am English but work in Thailand so I bought my Samsung Gear S watch from a Samsung dealer there.
Everything on the Samsung web site is in Thai and the watch is not even on their site.
They are trying to charge me 5000baht to get the watch repaired as they say it has moisture inside ,Samsung say the watch is good for 30 mins in water one mtr deep.
My watch has never been in the swimming pool,the sea, etc and i have showered with it twice just to keep it clean,as I use it for jogging only.The only thing I can think,is that it is not suitable to tropical weather.

I need help to have a contact person or email address that can help me get this fixed,I own everything from Samsung,from my computer,my tablet, my new tab 4 phone which I bought same time as the watch.
I feel very let down by the service i am getting here and need and adress that maybe able to help me,please help < E-mail removed per forum rule, use PM function instead >

Edited by metisdead

Moved to the Internet, computers, communication, technology forum.

Email removed from post as per forum rule:

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

Maintaining Water and Dust Resistance

The device may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the device and to maintain the water- and dust-resistant performance of the device.

Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1 m and keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.

Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, ocean waves, or waterfalls.

If the device or your hands are wet, dry them thoroughly before handling the device.

If the device is exposed to freshwater, dry

it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. If the device is exposed to any liquid other than freshwater, rinse the device with freshwater

immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Failure to rinse the device in freshwater and dry it as instructed may cause the device to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.

If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water-and dust-resistant features of the device may be damaged.

If the device has been immersed in water or the microphone or the speaker is wet, sound may not be heard clearly during a call. Ensure that the microphone or the speaker is clean and dry by wiping it with a dry cloth.

The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water or in other liquids .

I think I'll avoid Samsung, from now on....

Every time I have been involved with Samsung service they have been lying and denying facts to avoid honoring the warranty, to a point I get very upset.

Normally a phone call to my friend at OCPB from within the service center changes their tone of talk drastically.

Weird, i have a galaxy watch for about 9 months now, go swimming, showering and everything daily, yet to have a problem with it.

Yes but its not when you dont have a problem its when you do. Samsung produce so much stuff i dont know even they can keep up with it, anyway publicising it here is a good start

I got Nissan to cough up 4000 baht for crap paint on a new car.

I think I'll avoid Samsung, from now on....

Every time I have been involved with Samsung service they have been lying and denying facts to avoid honoring the warranty, to a point I get very upset.

Normally a phone call to my friend at OCPB from within the service center changes their tone of talk drastically.

I have some Samsung things that work good, but never had a claim.

Had claims with Seagate, Western Digital, Asus, Gigabyte, Acer and all was handled OK.

Only bad experience so far was Lazada, but they are a dealer not a manufacturer.

Beside that Samsung is one of the more expensive companies. If I buy a product that costs half of the competition, I am more willing to accept some problems than when I buy something which costs more than most other brands.

I had a very good experience with a Samsung service center in Phuket when my TV stopped working. They repaired it by replacing the mainboard, no questions asked, fast and effective and I didnt have to produce anything other than the serial number on the product in question. Have you been in contact with a service center?

Edited by Kaalle

I also have only good experience with the Samsung Service Center in Phuket Town. In 80% of my cases they did not charge anything, i.e. reflashing the OS etc.

Also mostly with " Go have a coffee somewhere, when you return, we have it fixed. "