Finally, a Thai woman I can tune into (rant or no rant) :)

MrWorldwide

Did a quick scan of the news items - apologies if this has already been posted but this is one of very few rants that I agree with 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnAb36i_e30

I dont care if she's a spoilt Princess, and I expect that she has some interesting thoughts on Farang too - all I know is that her rant about the Chinese in front of her absolutely rocks. Duangjai Phichitamphon wasnt a name on my radar before, and apparently YT responded to pressure to remove the original vid but obviously others have uploaded copies. Doesnt hurt that she's gorgeous and has a sense of humor (albeit at the expense of the Chinese), but is it racist to criticise Mainland Chinese for their appalling lack of manners ? I expect that others will see it differently, but this rant gets the thumbs up from me.

• Like 1

Good point re the 7/11 hijinks, but I think even those folk understand the concept of an orderly queue : whether they choose to put that into practice or not is a different story. I've encountered some very courteous Thais at 7/11 and Big C and I've encountered others who would step around their own grandmother to get out the door first, but the Mainland Chinese are in a class all by themselves and the worst part is that they dont seem to give a flying frack how they're perceived.

None of what this lady is saying hasn't been levelled at Chinese tour groups in the past - from the Chinese in Hong Kong and Singapore; from their own government and from city-dwelling Chinese in Beijing and Shanghai. My time in Shenzhen and Nanning proved that they can be taught to observe queue discipline if the people serving them lay down the law - I saw this in a fast food restaurant where each queue was clearly marked with a rope, airport-style, and there was absolutely no bedlam unlike the McDonalds I'd abandoned 20 minutes previously. As a resident of Pattaya, I'm constantly admonished by some on this forum for not understand the 'real' Thailand, but I'm reasonably confident that the basic manners our Thai friend refers to are universal.

• Like 2

It's not racist as they are all Asian.

Gorgeous? I didn't see anything but a mouth. How'd you like to be married to that mouth? (Not that she doesn't have a point.)

Married ? No, but I've interacted with several mouths in my time here and none of those interactions involved an exchange of vows - YMMV.

As for 'not racist as they're all Asian', I think that says as much about your own attitude to Asian people and your understanding of the history of the Chinese in Southeast Asia as anything else. She's clearly part Chinese - and the subtitles mention that - but that didnt stop her tearing into her tormentors. Bravo.

• Like 1

Gotta love the pot calling the kettle black here. Perhaps she should take videos and comment on Thai drivers and how they always wait patiently in a line at stop lights or check points and how they NEVER, EVER form their own lines on the shoulders so that they can get in front of everyone else. Or perhaps how the Thai love to wait in the queue at the bus station and NEVER, EVER try to push in front of others who are already waiting in line.

Thank God we never see Thai acting like this!

Way to go girl, next time do one about the Indians or Arabs.

If I had posted this the bleeding heart liberal tree huggers would have been all over me like a rash accusing me of being a racist.

Gotta love Thailand no PC BS here, keep posting girl, we love you.

Signed a Farang admirer.

• Like 1