Boots Vitamin C tablets -- why are they yellow?

ultramarine

I just bought some Vitamin C tablets at Boots. They are the usual 500 mg tablets that are non-chewable. The weird thing is that they are bright yellow. I have never seen this before as in Canada and the US the Vitamin C tablets are always white.

Can someone tell me if this is correct? The yellow is a coating and the tablets are white inside. The coating is likely to make it easier to swallow. They do taste bitter like Vitamin C does so it's probably OK.

Thanks.

Edited by ultramarine

Well in the UK they are dependant on flavour, normally yellow for orange.

You can get many different colours.

Also here you can get the effervescent ones which are 1000mg which I like to take twice a week, with hot water and ginger.

Very nice and warming.

• Like 1

Spot on yellow uk why would anyone believe they were vit C tablets being white.

BTW have gone to local shops where they sell 20 vit c tablets for about 2 to 5 baht and yep they orange coloured.

Edited by Brit_Doggie
  • Like 1

Cheers.

These do not have a flavour. They are for swallowing only. But they are still coated bright yellow. Must be a Thai thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

In Canada and US, even easy-to-swallow coated Vit C tablets are white. It's just their proper colour. Only chewable Vit C are Orange or whatever depending on their flavour.

Cheers.

These do not have a flavour. They are for swallowing only. But they are still coated bright yellow. Must be a Thai thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

In Canada and US, even easy-to-swallow coated Vit C tablets are white. It's just their proper colour. Only chewable Vit C are Orange or whatever depending on their flavour.

They do taste bitter like Vitamin C does so it's probably OK.

Sorry, but your posts make me laugh!

Did you really think Boots Thailand would be selling fake tablets labeled "vitamin C" ?

Then... "it's just their proper color" ... why ? because it's the color they have in Canada and US ?

LOL !

why are they yellow?

hmm... why not ?

^

Dude, I didn't think they would intentionally be selling fake vitamins. I just wondered if there was mistake since I'd never seen it before. Just asking the collective wisdom of readers here who know. So now I know. Ain't life grand?

Vitamin B tablets are coloured yellow in North America, for the record. Interestingly, they make you pee yellow also.