Dental Implant Prices

mark lamai

I have just come back from my 6months in LOS and while there was going to get an implant - I was quoted up to 80k.

I am a tightarse but even I am not dumb enough to squeeze $ on something so important.

So I decided to wait untill I got back to OZ. figuring if it was too dear I could get it done on my next visit.

I have just had a quote from the dentist here in Australia for $3500aud all up.

I then get $1000 back from my health insurance co. so I will end up paying about $500aud more than having it done in Thailand.

NO contest.

I will take the western system any day for a measly $500 extra - who cares if its even a grand dearer - I have seen way too much dodgy Thai workmanship to trust 'em.

My dentist said that I will have to wait 3/4 months between implant and finishing it off etc and this will involve multiple visits.

Suits me - production line MAJOR dental work does not impress me.

Just my 2baht worth

Jack

I have checked out dental implants done in Split, Croatia. Very high quality work for approx $800.00 USD each. I am sure the air fare from Thailand to Croatia would be not that much.

I can post a link of a dentist there with patients from all over most of Europe.

CP

I met an American in BKK that had just come from someplace in China. He told me he had been quoted $75,000 USD in California for the implants that he needed. He did them in China while visiting a girl. He had what looked to me to be a mouthful of implants installed one week prior and had paid $13,000 USD for them. He told me they were Titanium.

That's all I know about implants.

My brother told me the price of doing implant in China, at a University Clinic. At the time it came to less than half the price of doing it in Thailand. He offered for me to stay at his vacation condo.

I don't remember the exact price off hand. Just want to mention that it may be worth checking,

Also remember reading an announcement by a Thai official in the previous government that they planned to R&D and manufacture the titanium implant products in Thailand. Would be nice, but I won't not hold my breath for it. If it ever happens, it may be several years before all the kinks are worked out.

I had a bad experience with dental work done in Thailand. I had a bridge 4-5 teeth long done by an Assoc. Prof. from Chula dental school at her private clinic. About a month later, while in the US, it broke. Upon inspection, there was a speck of impurity in the narrow part where stress would be most critical, causing the failure. The American dentist checked for me and said the way it was done was proper, except the material defect. Quality control! I needed another one done in the US.

Isn't anything longer than a 3-unit bridge considered 'bad practice'? Especially on an arch - and if it's five teeth long it would be in the arch at some point. I've read that you shouild never use a front tooth (not sure whether you did or not) as an anchor tooth as the stress would be way too much if trying to span missing incisors and canines. If that's the case, then I would think that borders malpractice.

Edited by thaigene2

You are right, it's so expensive here, because that kind of job is not yet something that most of the Thai will do. It's for the rich.

The price in Thaland is more expensive than in France and double price compared with some west european countries.

Something wrong for sure.

I had 2 implants in Paris and asked for a quote for another one here in Chiang Mai. Found the all-in price about the same - 70/80 000 baht equivalent per implant.

I have checked out dental implants done in Split, Croatia. Very high quality work for approx $800.00 USD each. I am sure the air fare from Thailand to Croatia would be not that much.

I can post a link of a dentist there with patients from all over most of Europe.

CP

Please DO post a link to a Croatian dentist :o

• 1 month later...

The best dentist story that I have ever heard and seems to relate to this thread.

Many years ago, before anesthetic a man goes to the dentist to have a tooth pulled. In the office he asks the dentist,

Customer: “How much does it cost to get a tooth pulled?”

Dentist: “Well I charge 25 dollars.”

Customer: “25 dollars, wow that’s allot of money, how long does it take to pull the tooth?”

Dentist: “About 1 minute”

Customer outraged: “25 DOLLARS FOR ONE MINUTE ARE YOU CRAZY.”

Dentist: “Well if it’s the amount of time that is bothering you sir, I can take as long as you like.”

• 4 weeks later...
The best dentist story that I have ever heard and seems to relate to this thread.

Many years ago, before anesthetic a man goes to the dentist to have a tooth pulled. In the office he asks the dentist,

Customer: “How much does it cost to get a tooth pulled?”

Dentist: “Well I charge 25 dollars.”

Customer: “25 dollars, wow that’s allot of money, how long does it take to pull the tooth?”

Dentist: “About 1 minute”

Customer outraged: “25 DOLLARS FOR ONE MINUTE ARE YOU CRAZY.”

Dentist: “Well if it’s the amount of time that is bothering you sir, I can take as long as you like.”

A friend of mine has had some dental work done in the czech republic and said the treatement was very good and about 50%

less than the cost in the uk, implates were around £700 though he said but apparently they were the latest technology on the market.

My favourite dentist joke is:

Very nervous Woman visits the dentist for the first time in 20 years to have a tooth pulled, the dentist is very sympthetic to her fears but after 20 minutes of her closing her mouth and jumping about in the chair every time he got close to her mouth even his patience was wearing a little thin.

The lady apologise to the dentist for her nervousness and said "I cannot make my mind up whats worst, having a tooth out or having a baby" to which the dentist impatiently replied " well you had better make you mind up quick as I need to know how far to tilt the chair".........

Roy Gsd

• 3 months later...

Well I need a single implant doing and am 50/50 whether to get it done in LOS.

Can everyone here sound off and say if they've had a GOOD and SUCCESSFUL implant operation for dental work in LOS, how much and where did you get it done.

Thanks

:o

JK

"been looking at lots of dental sites and the price for dental implants...seems to the same all over the country...60-65,000 Bt for 1 implant...which I reckon is expensive...from what i kinda understand it is only a few hours work."

You "reckon"? You "kinda understand"? What do you think - oops, I mean "reckon" - an excellent implant is worth? I think that 60K THB for an implant is worthwhile but many farangs ask "what's the CHEAPEST place I can go?", and I think that's what you want.

"been looking at lots of dental sites and the price for dental implants...seems to the same all over the country...60-65,000 Bt for 1 implant...which I reckon is expensive...from what i kinda understand it is only a few hours work."

You "reckon"? You "kinda understand"? What do you think - oops, I mean "reckon" - an excellent implant is worth? I think that 60K THB for an implant is worthwhile but many farangs ask "what's the CHEAPEST place I can go?", and I think that's what you want.

I think the point being made by some on here that have either had implants done, or are/have been researching the idea of implants is that they seem to be around the same price in Thailand as in most other countries (including peoples home countries)

Therefore not really worth the bother of getting them there if you dont actually live in Thailand.

Ive looked in places as diverse as Far East, Eastern Europe and even Turkey. All in all they ALL worked out to the same money for the same treatment. All those didnt include any accomodation, either, so that has to be factored in before going the "dental tourism" route

Penkoprod