ToT winet DVR setup

sean in udon

Am trying to connect to my DVR over the Internet.

Have a tplink router for wifi, watashi DVR and Internet access is via a winet router. The winet router seems to be the stumbling block.

Can use my iPhone to view the cameras on LAN, no problem (idmss lite app)

When I try to connect over the internet, I get the ToT winet router login page.

The instructions with the winet router says login is admin and no password. This doesn't work. It also lists the ip as 192.168.88.1 which comes up with nothing.

I'm presuming that I have to set up port forwarding/dmz/virtual server on the winet router.

How do I get in to it?

I'm asking here first before the fun starts with ToT = language barrier/tech barrier/mai mee barrier/mai dai barrier

You'll need the LAN IP address of WiNet Router, AND the proper User/Pass login credentials to create the port forward to your DVR.

If the WiNet router *IS* also your LAN Router then it will be the same address listed as your Gateway IP address.

Multiple ways of finding your current Gateway IP Address:

Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center (locate your active network and left-click to select and find either DETAILS... or STATUS

kb5458-012_en_v5.png

kb5458-008_en_v6.png

-- or -- -- or -- -- or -- -- or -- -- OR -- -- or -- -- or -- -- or -- -- or --

<windows-key> <r> and type: cmd

in the "Command Prompt" box, type: ipconfig

kb5458-003_en_v5.png

Now that you have the LAN IP Address of the WiNet Router, you can use it in an Internet Browser address bar to connect (as you've done before).

You will need the correct login name/password credentials to proceed further. (the password is a variation of your account number)

NOTE: Most likely TOT will not provide you with these credentials, as they need to protect their upstream equipment.

-- -- -- -- -- --

On many IP Camera services, there are ALTERNATIVE methods of accessing the system if you can't open a port forward.

Many of them involve the IP Camera (or DVR system) constantly connecting to an outside service, then waiting for a response. The outside service allows you to log in remotely by redirecting your on-the-go Internet to them to back to your home network to becomes the response your IP Camera or DVR is waiting for.

It may be easier to set up then going through the hassle of Tech Support of TOT WiNet.

NOTE: the images were blatantly stolen from a Linksys Help page

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

RichCor, thanks for the detailed reply.

Faced my fears today and called ToT. Well, had a Thai friend phone for me. Only took 10 minutes of asking the same question over and over.

The login is my ToT account number and the password is totwinet. My account number has an 'F' in it and the login IS case sensitive - I've tried.

the 'totwinet' password is lower case.

10 minutes was better than I expected.

Now to see if I can get everything set up and working.

RichCor, thanks for the detailed reply.

Faced my fears today and called ToT. Well, had a Thai friend phone for me. Only took 10 minutes of asking the same question over and over.

The login is my ToT account number and the password is totwinet. My account number has an 'F' in it and the login IS case sensitive - I've tried.

the 'totwinet' password is lower case.

10 minutes was better than I expected.

Now to see if I can get everything set up and working.

I don't suppose the login (account number) can be found on the bill - or extrapolated from it?

I don't suppose the login (account number) can be found on the bill - or extrapolated from it?

Not sure. I've not actually had a bill yet, but kept the account number from when I originally signed up.

Mine is 4 numbers, 1 letter, 4 numbers e.g. 1111F1111

• Like 1

Not sure. I've not actually had a bill yet, but kept the account number from when I originally signed up.

OK, yep, it's on the invoice. Problem is, login fails using the PW: totwinet :(

Bummer. Thanks anyway

OK, yep, it's on the invoice. Problem is, login fails using the PW: totwinet sad.png

Bummer. Thanks anyway

Each area seems to follow a different 'pattern' when configuring the login credentials,

Once presented with the LOGIN web page, the device may self-identify as 'Solomon', 'Astra AirOS', or 'TOT Wi-NET AirOS'.

The WiNET Username is usually "nnnnFnnnn@totwinet" where the n's are replaced with your account number, and the 'F' is left as 'F'. They may have used '@Wi-Net' as the ending of the username. The Password is commonly, "totwinet".

• Like 1

OK, yep, it's on the invoice. Problem is, login fails using the PW: totwinet sad.png

Bummer. Thanks anyway

Each area seems to follow a different 'pattern' when configuring the login credentials,

Once presented with the LOGIN web page, the device may self-identify as 'Solomon', 'Astra AirOS', or 'TOT Wi-NET AirOS'.

The WiNET Username is usually "nnnnFnnnn@totwinet" where the n's are replaced with your account number, and the 'F' is left as 'F'. They may have used '@Wi-Net' as the ending of the username. The Password is commonly, "totwinet".

Unfortunately these two new combinations still didn't work :(

IMHO, wonder if you could help me a little.

I'm still unable to login using 192.168.88.1

I can access the winet router via the internet using my IP address, but this only allows me to view information.

With the exception of a couple of basic settings, I can't change anything.

Are you connecting using the 192.168.88.1 via your web browser?

Have tried wifi and with LAN cable.

Appreciate that you can't login, but all I'm getting is 'this webpage is not available'.

Got a small manual when they installed, fortunately all in English, which states that login can be achieved through a web browser at 192.168.88.1

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for me.

Tried windows XP and 7.

Even went into the LAN settings and changed my laptop to 192.168.88.2 with the gateway as 192.168.88.1

Tried winbox as well - no joy.

My networking knowledge is limited, but I have set up a system in the UK before, with minimal problems,

I'm being too trusting/naive.

Your question re discovering the gateway got me thinking. Downloaded angry IP scanner.

It's been changed. 192.168.101.1

I can now login locally.

Still no options to change anything of use, Same menu as accessed via internet.

After login the address bar shows http://192.168.101.1/webfig/

Any suggestions for alternatives to 'webfig' that might get me somewhere useful?

Or any suggestions at all?

The IP Address in the manual is only an example. The technicians who installed it furnish the actual parameters that your LAN will use with locally connected devices on your side of the connection.

A WiNet Router will furnish your device with an IP Address, Net Mask, the IP Gateway Address, and IP Addresses to 2 or 3 Domain Name Server (DNS). When you actually have a working connection to the Internet, you then need to look at your NETWORK STATUS/DETAILS so see what the device provided you device.

What GATEWAY IP do you get after following the instructions I furnished previously?

Once presented with the LOGIN web page, how is the device self-identify, as 'Solomon', 'Astra AirOS', or 'TOT Wi-NET AirOS'?

Can you post a screen cap (with any specific identifiers blocked out)?

I can't speak for Sean, but this is what I see:

post-163537-0-16073000-1427581770_thumb.

at the URL: https://192.168.101.1/login.cgi?uri=/

"TOT Wi-NET AirOS" for me..

(Note: screengrab size is larger than actual because it was taken on a retina screen)

I do recall seeing some network diagnostic screens when the TOT tech's were logged in - one in particular that tested the max. bandwidth possible to the tower (which was ~100mbps in my case IIRC). I'd really like to see that again so I know if tree-line growth is now impacting that. I'd also really like to experiment with MTU settings at the Airmax box, rather than just at my router too - so any help to get me in is appreciated :)

Edited by IMHO

Appreciate the help I'm getting on this.

Login page:

post-195973-0-91182500-1427591079_thumb.

Status page:

post-195973-0-03924600-1427591357_thumb.

The status page shows the expanded menu on the left. Nothing useful at all (well, for my current needs).

IMHO, have you tried logging in by going to your internet IP address? I have seen the login page you posted one time. When my internet IP address changed (before I could login locally).

I was a little confused at first as my login details stopped working. I checked my internet IP, typed in the new address and got the login page shown here. Login details then worked straight away.

Edited by sean in udon

IMHO, have you tried logging in by going to your internet IP address? I have seen the login page you posted one time. When my internet IP address changed (before I could login locally).

Just tried, saw the exact same login screen, and tried all 3 username combos - no go :(

IMHO, pleased that you're having some success. Tech stuff is great until you hit a speed bump like this.

I wonder if the '@' was a typo or has some reference, like region or equipment.

My routerboard model is SXT5nDr2.

I ended up finding this username format at a Thai language forum... it's just your account ID + the "@" symbol - nothing else after the @

Here's what I see now... and good news, my setup is still capable of 130mbps, even with 2 years of tree growth in the line of sight smile.png

post-163537-0-34187500-1427606944_thumb.

IMHO, pleased that you're having some success. Tech stuff is great until you hit a speed bump like this.

I wonder if the '@' was a typo or has some reference, like region or equipment.

My routerboard model is SXT5nDr2.

Hey, Sean. How are things progressing?

When you posted your screencap, it definately showed a MikroTik RouterOS login. SXT5nDr2

But when I tried your IP it presented me with a Ubiquiti AirOS login (same as IMHO is getting), not the MikroTik RouterOS. Very Odd.

Can you describe your setup? Can you verify if it's Pic #1 or #2?

sxt-lite5-c-.jpgloco.jpg

EDIT: Adding link to MikroTik RouterOS configuration manual and the initial Wiki TOC

It looks like your USER Account may not have FULL ADMINISTRATOR rights.

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

Hi RichCor.

Thanks for your interest.

Been away for a couple of days, so a little delay in responding.

Definitely the MikroTik and I'm inclined to agree with your user/admin access - me being stuck on the lower level.

Have put a few hours in trawling forums and the net. Reached a sticking point and not sure how to proceed. Although your initial suggestion of using an outside service may now be worth pursuing. Any suggestions of where to look for an education in 'outside services'?

Try 1.4.181.57

My current IP address.

It's showing just as your screencap. Interesting that your WAN IP address is cycling from IP Pool.

Anyway, the documentation that came with your IP Cameras should give alternative remote connection scenarios.

1. Router with Open Port with Fixed IP
  2. Router with Open Port with Dynamic IP
  3. Router with Firewall and UPnP enabled to Open Port as needed with Fixed or Dynamic IP
  4. Router/Firewall/NAT issues requiring constant Outgoing Open Connection to keep the Port Open (requires a remote server to enable return access)

So, if options 1-3 are not available, many IP Camera OEM provide option 4 as a service

Works similar to a web browser requesting information, except when a connection is made the IP Camera 'uploads' it's feed back to the user logged into the OEM server.

• Like 1

I hope it's OK to butt in on this thread.

I have a similar setup. ie: a tplink router for wifi, watashi DVR and Internet access is via TOT winet and everything was 'set up' by the shop I bought the equipment from.

I am not that technical so am struggling to follow everything you're saying here.

Firstly, I was more interested in mobile phone access so hadn't checked whether they had set up access via the internet (they hadn't) but, although initially the engineer struggled and took a long time to set everything up (including getting TOT to replace the router with a new one), access via my phone and tab worked fine. But after about a week I just got a 'log in failed' message on both devices. The engineer returned and after about two hours of head scratching and many phone calls to TOT everything worked fine and he went away saying the problem was with TOT. A few days later we had the same problem again. .

In fact this keeps happening after working for a few days and each time (five times so far) we just get the 'Log in failed' message on our mobiles. I've given up on the engineer now. Then a few days ago I spoke to someone selling CCTV in a shopping mall. I only told him about the log in failed message and he asked me if I had a Watashi DVR, TP Link router and was using Winet. He said he'd come across it about four times so far when doing installations and that there was a conflict with the TPLink router (some sort of reset problem?) and if I told the engineer to change it for a different type (D link I think he said) that would cure the problem.

Could this be true or would I just be wasting my money buying a different router? My original TPLink router was replaced for a new one by TOT during the initial set up then replaced again during one of the five further visits. I don't have confidence in the original engineer any more so I'd want to pay someone else to set everything up anyway.

Normal internet access has always seemed ok with consistent speeds of around 10m/1m but if I watch Expat TV ans 365 sport via their web page access (no buffering) I get intermittent freezing for a second or two possibly indicating random short internet interruptions. Don't know if this could cause the problem.

I hope it's OK to butt in on this thread.

I have a similar setup. ie: a tplink router for wifi, watashi DVR and Internet access is via TOT winet and everything was 'set up' by the shop I bought the equipment from.

Probably not a problem, as the OP may may also get something out of it.

[...] access via my phone and tab worked fine. But after about a week I just got a 'log in failed' message on both devices.

In fact this keeps happening after working for a few days and each time (five times so far) we just get the 'Log in failed' message on our mobiles.

[...]

Then a few days ago I spoke to someone selling CCTV in a shopping mall. I only told him about the log in failed message and he asked me if I had a Watashi DVR, TP Link router and was using Winet. He said he'd come across it about four times so far when doing installations and that there was a conflict with the TPLink router (some sort of reset problem?) and if I told the engineer to change it for a different type (D link I think he said) that would cure the problem.

Could this be true or would I just be wasting my money buying a different router?

It's possible. You already know that "something" is "breaking" the log in process from working after a bit of time.

So, yes, a certain mix of equipment *might* cause an issue.

Could be the way the "system" is implemented.

The only way the test is to connect/wire the Watashi DVR directly to the WiNet router (bypassing everything in between) and run it that way for a period of time (beyond then the other system would begin to fail to connect/login). While this could "prove" that the Watashi DVR configuration was viable and worked correctly, you wouldn't have Internet Access to any other device during the test period.

If that test worked, then you could add back in other components until you found the fail point.

If you didn't want to do a dedicated test period, then another option would be to simply swap out the Linksys WiFi/Ethernet Port box for something similar (as suggested) as the units aren't that expensive (1100 - 1800 baht). In the WiNet configurations the Linksys unit is only used as a WiFi radio for the house and multi-port Ethernet Switch. It would be a cheap piece of equipment to swap out to see if it was an issue.

There are so many "simple things" that can get in the way of these things working:

Are you working with Static or Dynamic WAN / LAN IP Addresses ?

Fixed Static IP address make thing simple. As it's always the same you can type it into the settings and be done with it.

Dynamic IP addresses are great for anonymous users but not so great for media equipment if you don't know what number they're using today. Luckily, there are special services available on most routers to help.

for WAN IP - Dynamic DNS (software service that reads device's currently issued IP Address writes it to a publicly published domain name ,i.e. "good.beer.net" so you can use good.beer.net as the always working address)

for LAN IP - DHCP Binding (reserving a dynamic IP address to a specific MAC hardware address so it's only used for that equipment)

Do you have one of these in play? Is it working (can you test it)?

Only someone who knows your implementation (and alternate setup options) could do adequate diagnostics, locating and isolating (proving) the problem issue.