Nikon D810 warranty world wide?

If gray market sales in Thailand it would have none - only by seller. This is normally the inexpensive route. Can not answer for authorized sellers as there prices are much higher so not a good option for those living here full time (IMO). If you do not have an answer be sure to check it at shop before buying.

• Like 1

David...be very wary of the "grey market" cameras...no warranty at all & depends if the seller

will honour any repair work needed. If you purchase from thrusted vendors...Big Camera, AV

Camera etc....be sure to ask them for the worldwide warranty...it will cost you more money

but just how much more I haven't a clue as my 810 was delivered to me by a friend who

came out from NYC last year & had the worldwide warranty as standard issue.

Ask the vendor!

Good luck....it's a great camera & you'll love it.

• Like 1

If gray market sales in Thailand it would have none - only by seller. This is normally the inexpensive route. Can not answer for authorized sellers as there prices are much higher so not a good option for those living here full time (IMO). If you do not have an answer be sure to check it at shop before buying.

Thanks mate, also some places are offering a shop warranty not a Nikon warranty, guess a shop warranty is no warranty right?

if buying an ELECTRONIC camera as D810, I dare buying from an authorised dealer with full warranty ( 1st year anyway ). this is a full electronic product and in case of any fault, the service option is module replacement rather than serviceable parts. just IMHO.

I buy camera here ( although it is more expensive ), and I buy lenses while travelling and bring them here.

good luck and have fun with your new gadget !

Also bear in mind that grey market cameras cant be firmware updated (allegedly, I read it somewhere).

Nikon are following Fuji's footsteps with the 810 and there will (according to Nikon) be regular FW updates, adding new features to the camera.

It can be a big savings but as said it will be up to shop to fix/replace.

that's why i avoid DigitalRev and the like for big cam bodies . . . risked it on a few medium £$ lenses though (the price was just too insane to ignore....and been lucky thus far, touch forehead)

It's a shame nowhere else in the world offers the same service as Nikon in Hong Kong.

Dust/dirt in your lens or camera they will dismantle and clean it free of charge while you wait (if it was purchased there), while you shoot top model cameras and lenses from a high story building while waiting.

Edited by rhythmworx

I purchased the body yesterday, the warranty is for Nikon Thailand and not a world wide warranty (1 year).

Nikon Thailand warranty also includes free cleaning service, wet/dry sensor cleaning etc, same day service.

^^^ David...that should be good enough for you. If you have other Niks

that are considered pro or semi-pro plus some 2.8 glass have a gander

at Nikon Professional Services...https://www.nikonpro.com/...they have

a list of bodies & lenses you need to own before they consider your

membership...it's a huge help. Good luck.

• Like 1

^^^ David...that should be good enough for you. If you have other Niks

that are considered pro or semi-pro plus some 2.8 glass have a gander

at Nikon Professional Services...https://www.nikonpro.com/...they have

a list of bodies & lenses you need to own before they consider your

membership...it's a huge help. Good luck.

Yes mate, I wanted world wide warranty as I do a lot of traveling, but the Thailand warranty will be fine as I have other pro bodies, just means that if any issue I will have to be in Thailand to sort it out, but as I am due to be married later in the year thats not going to be a problem^^

Checking the The Nikon Professional Services, very interesting, have enough Pro glass and bodies to fit the qualify.

Thanks again mate