And finally it all makes sense.

berybert

After 18 months I finally realized why I struggle to live in Bangkok. I cant dumb down enough.

Walked into a bar, 3 staff looked at me as I sat down then carried on watching the football on the telly. Finally after 5 minutes a girl working there saw me and told one of the guys to serve me.

Finish one beer the guys look at me with an empty glass and get back to the football. Girls again sorts them out. Then they glare when they get no tip.

Go into the supermarket to get a curry. No one on the curry stand so I shout twice SERVICE, people on the other stalls look at me like I'm mad, yet make no offer to help or get someone to help me. So I just dropped my basket on the floor and walked out.

I really struggle to act like a 5 year old now I am 53.

How hard can it be to serve people ?

Sounds like you're doing it pretty well to me.

Have you considered talking to people, rather than just throwing a strop when they don't do as you expect them to?

That's the dumbing down part. Not expecting people to do what they are meant too. But !

Yeah I have thought about talking to people. But when I shout out 'SERVICE' still nothing happened. What do you suggest ? taking the staff for a burger and chips ?

congratulations, you have perfected your cheap charlie look to a tee.

i still cant get it right. cant you give us some tips? add a photo? video?

So would you expect a tip for doing nothing ? By the way I did tip the girl who kicked the others up the arse.

Now you can tell me I'm a hero.

Have you considered talking to people, rather than just throwing a strop when they don't do as you expect them to?

That's the dumbing down part. Not expecting people to do what they are meant too. But !

Yeah I have thought about talking to people. But when I shout out 'SERVICE' still nothing happened. What do you suggest ? taking the staff for a burger and chips ?

Asking someone nicely in Thai, rather than bellowing at them in English?

Why are you creating problems? Ohhhh...my beloved home country, the sefvice is fantastic.....i hear you say.

Sounds like you are looking for trouble. Thus is a cool place, just enjoy the novelty. Stop seeing problems with everything else.

Sure the sevice in your home country may be better, but your home country doesn't have stuff Thailand has - which is why you're here.

Just take the bad with the good.

SERVICE'

Ah theres your problem right there, the staff couldnt understand you, Thai has no V use a W as in Wodka, next time shout out SERWIS.

They don't speak English. They don't have the slightest clue what that word means. They just see some strange farang yellling incomprehensibly in the middle of the store. Since you can't speak Thai try politely going up to a staff member, speaking calming and pointing to what you need. They will go get someone.

I understand the frustration.

I sat at a small restaurant and the young lady comes to the table and in nice English asked me what I would like to drink.

I ask for a beer.

She asks if I want large or small bottle.

I say large.

She says they don't have.

I say small.

Off she goes and I'm left wondering why she gave me a choice of something she didn't have.

• Like 2