Decent Painter & Decorator?

marrmrrs

Anyone know of a decent painter and decorator?... It's only one room in a condo in Pratamnak but want one wall papered. Already had an estimate and was abruptly shown the door!!.. It would be cheaper in the UK!?!...Only a small job but must be done properly!!.. Any help would be appreciated.. Cheers..

It definitely wouldn't be cheaper in the UK, because over there they would probably charge you 100 pounds to make the quotation, but if you want quality work expect to pay through the nose for such a small job, and count yourself lucky if you even find one that knows what is quality.

I already have some properties here and have gotten shot of nearly every painter i have had the misfortune of having to deal with!. Thay are all beyond bad but i need a paper hanger and that is proving to be a problem but thanks for your comments.

Thais are not good at "decorating". I would do it myself if it's a small unit.

I did some wallpaper back home in my house and that went surprisingly well . Painting is even easier.

So I agree , better to do it yourself if you have time.

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately i dont have the time or more importantly the skills to hang paped i am ashamed to say. I am genuinely one of them who can't change a light bulb ot a plug but have been advised there is a place in Naglua that does this... So again thanks..

Edited by marrmrrs

You could probably have the whole condo refinished more easily than such a small job. I end up doing most of these jobs myself, not because I am cheap, but you just can't get a Thai worker for small jobs in this area

My only suggestion is to try and talk to the office at your condo, and they may be able to get you someone who only does part time work on their day off. Maybe one of their maintenance staff !

Have just emailed Pattaya Home Repair, so see how it goes...

Many Thanks..??

Knowing what Thais are like for answering e-mail I have always phoned, the lady who answers and runs the business speaks very good English.

I think you may be right!!.. Emailed about 4hrs ago and heard nothing.. So will take your advice and call.. Thanks for taking the time to reply... Thanks again..??

If you have the all equipment to do the job I can do it.....seriously been doing all my own DIY for many many years but I,ve nothing here as far as tools/equipment etc.

Thanks for the offer and it is much appreciated but i have nothing in terms of tools to do the job i am ashamed to say. Painting is not the problem but hanging paper is obviously a popular thing here. It is only one wall!!.. I will continue the search but thanks for the kind offer....Cheers!

Edited by marrmrrs

I think you may be right!!.. Emailed about 4hrs ago and heard nothing.. So will take your advice and call.. Thanks for taking the time to reply... Thanks again..??

If you have the all equipment to do the job I can do it.....seriously been doing all my own DIY for many many years but I,ve nothing here as far as tools/equipment etc.

not being negative but surely all that is needed are

1. a tape measure,
  2. largish sharp scissors,
  3. a plumb-line (hand made using string and a weight)
  4. a pencil, soft brush for smoothing out air bubbles (a wide paint brush with very soft bristles will do)
  5. stepladders ideally but something to carry your weight
  6. a flat surface for pasting (a floor maybe?)
  7. and a cloth and water for cleaning up excess wallpaper paste
  8. ............... anything else I need?

I've had to recall all this as I am about to start on one condo wall.

By the way, where are the decent curtain shops that stock a good selection of wallpaper books? I specifically am looking for Regency striped.

• 1 month later...