photographers where can i buy xrite monitor calibration gear

Not sure exactly what device you mean , and for what you want realy use , because every monitor has Allready his calibration presets , that you can use!

Some say the preset calibration settings are not perfect , in some viewers eye, but I not want realy belive this because the manufacture of monitor also use expensive studio electronic to optimize the calibration!

And I think the do better like a mass calibration device in a public electronic store that is made in Nakhon nowhere!

I think your best bet is to order online from Ebay or B&H. I noticed that B&H has a $50 mail-in rebate on an X-Rite i1 Pro with a Passport Color Checker package. At least the rebate will pay for the shipping. Buying it locally will probably be the same cost after you factor in the duty that is added here in Thailand.

Prices found at a Bangkok professional shop:

i1 Display Pro @ 9,500 THB
Color Munki Display @ 7,000 THB
Color Checker Passport @4,400 THB

https://www.facebook.com/gismography/posts/10151861269388672

https://www.facebook.com/gismography/info?tab=overview

Found other sources with same or slightly differing prices.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I'm after the X-Rite i1 Pro. I have a Dell trueview hd monitor and it comes calibrated from Dell but they advise it needs regular calibrating and calibrating for different light depending on where its used. I've spent a lot to get a good photo editing system so think I may ad well spend a little more on the X-Rite i1 Pro which Dell says is the only calibration unit that works on their monitors. EBay as suggested by an earlier poster seems the best option so far where I can get one under 7000b but then of course will have some tax to add.

Ok this slightly differs off your question but I have noticed when viewing a photograph on the computer monitor, tilt the monitor back and the photo appears darker, tilt it forward and it appears lighter.

So how do you know which is correct even after calibrating your monitor.

Is there some method to know how to sit in front of the monitor, or is it just my LG.wai.gif

• Like 1

Ok this slightly differs off your question but I have noticed when viewing a photograph on the computer monitor, tilt the monitor back and the photo appears darker, tilt it forward and it appears lighter.

So how do you know which is correct even after calibrating your monitor.

Is there some method to know how to sit in front of the monitor, or is it just my LG.wai.gif

no not just your monitor but a problem with a majority of lcd monitors. I upgraded to a laptop with a ips monitor and went a step further and bought a Dell ultra hi definition monitor. Here is a good article on the subject

https://photographylife.com/best-monitor-for-photography

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and purchased the X-Rite i1 Display Pro off of eBay. Price was about 15% lower than B&H Photo and the best part was that shipping from UK was FREE and when I received it from the post today, there was no duty! This is a new unit in the original package.

I have been using my MacBook Pro for processing my images and was always a wee bit concerned that the color calibration on my display was a bit off. I used the manual calibration to try setting up the color the best I could but after running the calibration through the i1 Display Pro I am seeing that the manual calibration was definitely cooler than the Display Pro calibration. I actually like the warmer tones I am getting now.

Anyway, thought I would pass this along.